GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PPI surprise/additional refund. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPI surprise/additional refund.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI surprise/additional refund.

Had some fab news in the post today, they had paid out a refund on one of the loan ppi back in April just gone and this is the letter received from Lloyds TSB.....

Dear Mr & Mrs XXXXX

Loan account (Settled loan)

Information about your loan account.

As part of our committment to providing excellent customer service, we have reviewed the Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) premium we paid you on 13 April 2010, following your complaint about the PPI linked to your loan account number:
    XXXXXXXXXXX

Following this review, we have identified that an additional amount is owed to you and I enclose a cheque of a further payment of: £2,959.36.

Please accept our apoogies for this mistake. If after reading the additional information on reverse of this page or you require further assistance please contact us on tel number shown between 9 am and 5pm on Monday to Friday. If at this point we are unable to resolve any ongoing problems, you will be able to contact the Financial Ombudsman service for help.

Yours sincerely

Customer Relations.

.................................................. .....................................

This is what is on the reverse of the letter.....

Additional information:
    Who has been affected and why am I receiving a refund?
    During a recent check we discovered that you had not received the correct amount of refund, following our decision to uphold your complaint about PPI on your personal loan.
    We are therefore enclosing a cheque which covers the additional amount owed to you.

Why didn't you give me the correct refund before?
    The initial calculation did not accurately calculate the level of refund that you were due.
    We have completed a revised calculation and the additional payment is enclosed with this letter.

I have made complaints about PPI on other loan; will I receive an additional refund on these complaints?
    If the initial calculation on the loan account was incorrect you will receive an additional payment under separate cover. If we do not contact you about your other complaints then the redress calculation that was previously completed is correct.

My complaint was raised via 3rd party, have they been made aware of this additional payment?
    We have contacted your 3rd party under separate cover informing them of the actions that we have taken.

Do I need to take any further action?
    No, all you need to do is pay your cheque into your bank.

Why have I received a Bank of Scotland cheque when my loan and insurance was with another provider?
    Lloyds TSB, Halifax and Bank Of Scotland are now all part of the Lloyds Banking Group. You can pay your cheque into your account as normal.

Re: PPI surprise/additional refund.

Lend us a tenner?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Great news Di

Are you paying it into your LTSB account or your HBOS one? ;30

Comment

Brill news di. Great Xmas prezzie - you can sort mortgage problem now.....
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Cheers folks........ ;-y

Yes on to paying a lump sum towards the mortgage, that is quite right Niddy.

Comment

Great News Di
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you.

It was very unexpected, with it being Lloyds as well LOL, cheers X k

Comment

Hi guys a rebate of £825.00 today,i did have my eye on a 42 inch telly lol the bank who coughed up was an old favourite mbna.

Comment

Cappo,

Well done m8 pleased for you, as for a 42" tv well that goes some way in helping the economy along.

Really pleased for you m8 as I know you have fought well and with your disabilities it is well deserved.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                    Cappo,

Well done m8 pleased for you, as for a 42" tv well that goes some way in helping the economy along.

Really pleased for you m8 as I know you have fought well and with your disabilities it is well deserved.

Regards

cheers pomp it's one of the jr ones so i'm glad that ones out of the way i can concentrate on LTSB and HSBC now.

Comment

Hey Cappo, that's a fantastic result. Strongly recommend 42 inch. We bought one a while back now - paid £1600 for it - ouch. Same model now is about £500 for an LG. Should have waited, but then Egg paid for it, so it was really free!

Comment

Well done Cappo

Go and treat yourself honey, you deserve this soooooooo much xx

Comment

Well done Cappo from me too
                          "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Working...
                          X