GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HSBC PPI O.H. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSBC PPI O.H.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSBC PPI O.H.

O.H. has had letters from HSBC regarding possible mis-sold PPI, she did have PPI on a loan which cleared her credit card (HSBC) and the card account was closed.
    She went in there and I came along, as she was finding it a bit difficult to keep up with required repayments as more and more in interest seems to be paying, it was suggested that she take out a loan and use it to clear the credit card.

She followed the advice and we saw the Lady press the button and then stated the credit card account is now clear, and the account will be closed.

A claim for redundancy was made a few years later.

The letters from HSBC give couple of instances, repeated in each letter from them, i.e. were you advised to clear existing debt with loan? was there any other source of insurance in redundant or sick issue i.e. company pay full wages during absence etc.

was it explained to you that you may not need PPI, also were you charged one payment at inception, with no explanation that should you wish to clear loan early any redemption.

So they keep sending these letter and stating that after a 3 year period then any possible claim for PPI refund will not be entertained.

So we filled in Claim form and answered the question and sent it off, so see what if anything happens now.
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 25 June 2013, 10:04.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: HSBC PPI O.H.

01/07/2013 = Letter from HSBC = complaint passed to PPI Complaints Team to investigate. eight weeks time period.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Letter dated 16th August 2013 received to-day, I regret to inform you I am not in a position to provide you with a full response to the concerns you have raised.

While I am currently in the process of reviewing our records in respect of this matter, I would like to apologise for the inconveniance this further delay may cause. (they have been rapped by theFSA for delays?) Please accept our assurance that your complaint is very important (NOT) and that I will be aiming to provide you with a response (AS SOON AS I LEARN TO READ & USE A COMPUTER SEARCH ENGINE) within the next 4 weeks.

They hope O.H will allow them the opportunity to investigate your complaint, I must inform you that if you are not satisfied with the progress made, GO TO THE OMBUDSMAN bla bla bla.
      Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 24 August 2013, 11:55.

Comment

HSBC offered the O.H. refund without prejudice, i.e. full amount + 8% minus a claim payout, then they will offset £900+ against Joint Account (Right to offset comes to mind), and she will get the balance refunded to her own HSBC account, so she has £700+ back or will have, Now I still have a Hardship complaint against them for the charges from 2009 and ongoing, so we will close the joint account, but I will carry on the complaint hardship area which is long outsatnding.
        Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 5 September 2013, 16:39.

Comment

O.H. Has had her balance of PPI credited to-day into her account, now transferring it out again!

Comment

Thank you for sending us information about your complaint. I am sorry it has taken so long for us to confirm that we have received it.

We are still dealing with a large number of complaints, but we will be in touch as soon as we have looked through what you have sent us to explain what happens next.

If you need to talk to us urgently, please call us on 0300 123 6222 or0800 121 6222.

Yours sincerely

Bipin Mistry | PPI Consultant | Financial Ombudsman Service |
            South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London, E14 9SR

Comment

Working...
            X