GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Egg Loan PPI request - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Egg Loan PPI request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egg Loan PPI request

I had an Egg Loan which was paid off in around 2007. I wrote to them to reclaim PPI and the last correspondence I had from them was in Feb 2009 saying that they were referring it to their customer services department but I never heard any more.

The loan was a bridging loan to pay for a company car I bought pending payments from the company to cover the full cost of the car. I used Egg because they allowed early repayment without penalty and it was paid off early. I didn't want PPI as the money was coming to me anyway to pay off the loan and I told them the situation but I was lead to believe I couldn't have the loan without having the PPI added.

I calculate that the amount reclaimable is around £3,000. Is it to late to claim now as I originally asked them to deal with it in 2009 and its over 3 years?

I wrote to Canada Square Operations to look into it in November 2012 and they also haven't replied.

I am thinking of sending a letter before action to them for the full amount I calculate and if I don't hear from them, using MCOL (time is off the essence I believe otherwise if it drags on it will be more than six years since the loan was paid off).

Re: Egg Loan PPI request

You should have complained to the FOS around 2009 - within 6 months really. However as it's been left unresolved you'll now find any claim will go against you, simply - why has it taken you from Feb 2009 until Jan 2013 (4 full years) to bring it up again...?

You should forget any formal claim via court, try and write again and this time treat it as a whole new claim for refund so forget the past and start now and do a whole new reclaim from now. Then if it does end up with the FOS you can easily argue the fact you found out you were entitled to reclaim in December 2012. If they do happen to figure out the old reclaim you can deny that and say that you don't know what they're on about....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi

What Niddy says is correct that you should have just continued to complain to the FOS, but on the other hand you not received any correspondence from them at all with a final decision which tells you to do that, normally the bank/business would give you a decision and if final details of how to complain to the FOS.

Now what you could do now is write to them one more time (keep a copy of the letter/details you send to them) and address it to the CEO, tell the CEO who is the chief executive officer of the business that you are raising this matter up again due to the business complaints dept failing to write back to you, and you want this matter looked into for as soon as possible, or otherwise you will be making the complaint to the FOS.

You could write that personal issues have since got in the way and as you know have spare time on your hands you want to raise this matter up with them again, but this time wish for a response.

Good luck.

Also just to say, they do have up to 8 weeks to send you a final decision.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. dl30 you are correct in that I have been distracted by personal problems. Looking at the correspondence I received from Egg, they have quoted a credit card number and not the loan account reference on their correspondence which I hadn't noticed before.

The credit card didn't have PPI so seems there was some confusion at the time.

Comment

Definately worth raising this up again, and as Niddy says you can do so by making this a brand new complaint.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            You should forget any formal claim via court, try and write again and this time treat it as a whole new claim for refund so forget the past and start now and do a whole new reclaim from now. Then if it does end up with the FOS you can easily argue the fact you found out you were entitled to reclaim in December 2012. If they do happen to figure out the old reclaim you can deny that and say that you don't know what they're on about....
            After all, the Fobbing Off Service is not normally noted for its efficiency.

Comment

Working...
            X