GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Mint Card PPI - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mint Card PPI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mint Card PPI

Evening all,

More advice needed.

Basically I had PPI on a Mint Card which I claimed on for 12 months when I was made redundant. They paid the card off completely happy days.

Once it was paid off I carried on using the card as I had become self employed and needed the cash flow. PPI was still being taken each month.

I cancelled the PPI and have tried to reclaim the PPI from when my claim finished as I am no longer covered.

Mint have basically told me to get lost as they paid out more than I had paid in.

So we are clear I'm only trying to reclaim the PPI from when the my original claim finished NOT all premiums paid.

Anyone got any good advice how I can get this back? With interest it will clear the card

Thanks as always

Scrappy Coco
    "I just want to make people silky-smooth!"

Re: Mint Card PPI

Thank you Flowerpower and hi Scrappy Coco

So the claim you made was a successful claim for unemployment?
    And they paid out when you became unemployed? is that correct?

Just want to make sure I get this right first.

Then you started a new job and became self employed, they continued to charge you for ppi?

So I take it then as you became self employed you tried to make a reclaim on the grounds that it was worthless to you because of being self employed - where they may not pay out if you were to make another claim?

If this is the case, then I would write back and say, there was a change of circumstances as you became self employed and you realised you were still paying for the PPI so cancelled the product, as it was not any longer fully sufficient for you and your requirements.

You need to make it very clear on the wording that, since these changes, you are only requesting they refund you what you have paid of the premiums, plus the relevant interest to when you cancelled it.
    Tell them you believe they have overlooked the matter, and will appreciate they take another look, and ask that they let you know by 14 days in order for you to know where you will go from here.

Do you know who the chief executive officer is (CEO)?
    Any further problems, maybe you could email him or her, and make him or her aware that they are not looking into your complaint thoroughly and have overlooked the matter,
    See what comes back by 14 days.

Hope this helps, but do ask for further help if required, keep at them, good luck.

Comment

Hi di30

You are spot on.

If I tried to make another claim they would reject on the grounds of being self employed.

I have written to them explaining all this yet they refuse to budge on the matter. I have even explained that I only require the premiums paid since my claim finished to no avail.

What they have told me to do is complain to the Ombudsman. Yeah right, like I trust them to do the right thing

I will write to them again but this time I think I'll give them 14 days then go to court if needed.

Good idea?

Any other advice always welcome

Cheers
      Scrappy Coco
      Last edited by Scrappy Coco; 13 September 2012, 09:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrappy Coco View Post
        Hi di30

You are spot on.

If I tried to make another claim they would reject on the grounds of being self employed.

I have written to them explaining all this yet they refuse to budge on the matter. I have even explained that I only require the premiums paid since my claim finished to no avail.

What they have told me to do is complain to the Ombudsman. Yeah right, like I trust them to do the right thing

I will write to them again but this time I think I'll give them 14 days then go to court if needed.

Good idea?

Any other advice always welcome

Cheers
        Scrappy Coco

Hiya

Seems like they are ignoring the fact of what you mean!

Yes tell them you believe they have totally misunderstood what you are requesting, as you believe that as soon as you became unemployed from so and so a date, then the policy was worthless to you, and you are only requesting they refund as from there onwards to cancellation.

Maybe a letter to the CEO or email to explain to them, tell the CEO his complaint team have not looked into the matter correctly, and you are now asking them to review this matter by 14 days before you take it any further with the details you have.

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks for your help di30

I will report back when they reply to my latest letter

Cheers

Scrappy Coco

Comment

Originally posted by Scrappy Coco View Post
            Thanks for your help di30

I will report back when they reply to my latest letter

Cheers

Scrappy Coco

Cheers and your very welcome x

Comment

Evening,

An update, they are refusing to refund any premiums since my claim finished for the following reason.

You going to love this

"I'm not entitled to a refund as I had already claimed on the policy and received an amount that was in excess of the total premiums I have paid to date" So in short what they are saying is that they are going to keep the money so they haven't lost out?????

The PPI I thought I had cancelled over the phone they are still taking and refuse to cancel the PPI on the card unless I request it in writing and give them 60 days notice - WTF

I even explained that I didn't cancel at the time as I thought I'd still be covered being self employed. Just a tiny white lie

And that's their final response and go to FOS.

Well FOS ain't going to happen as they are fecking worse than useless.

So I've downloaded the N1 and will need some assistance completing it as they are not getting away with this.

Any help much appreciated as always

Cheers
              Scrappy Coco
              Last edited by Scrappy Coco; 26 September 2012, 17:35.

Comment

I wish I had cancelled the PPI the minute they had completely paid the card off.

They just don't seem to get the message that I could have done this legally and they would have had to take the hit. Just because I didn't cancel it shouldn't give them the right to keep taking it until they have been paid back. That's not how insurance works. You take a punt and lose tough sh*t, You take a punt and win happy days.

Arseholes

Scrappy Coco
                Last edited by Scrappy Coco; 26 September 2012, 17:40.

Comment

Hi there

So sorry about that, but OMG what are they playing at??

Okay, they said final, but there is one more thing you can try if you feel up to it.
                  Contact your local MP, get him or her to help on your behalf, explain the full situation, and ask they write to the CEO on your behalf, because you don't believe your complaint's been taken seriously, and they have totally overlooked the situation.

And besides 60 days!!!! that is a long time isn't it? (in regards of the cancellation)?

Do you still have any T&C's that enclose the cancellation terms, for at the time you taken it out?
                  As said 60 days notice to cancel does not sound right to me, maybe worth checking into this as well.

If you decide to contact your local MP, ask them to send you copies of what they send and to keep you up to date at all times.
                  They are there to help you too and should only be too happy to help.

The CEO may look at this differently, you could state that you feel the complaints team failed to look into this matter thorougly, you don't feel you have got through to them, and are requesting they reconsider the matter, despite being given the final decision.
                  Sometimes using an MP, many from what I am aware of have eventually had their decision overturned.

Hope this helps x

Comment

Cheers di30,

Thanks for the advice but my MP is pretty much worse than useless to be honest with you.

Any financial matters he can't get involved as it's a conflict of interest etc etc blah blah blah. Usual crap spouted by MP's

Only other options open to me is either FOS (But I wouldn't count on them doing the right thing) or don't pass GO and straight to court

Problem is I haven't got a clue about filling in the papers etc etc.

Got another letter from them yesterday basically telling me to do one.

Thanks as always
                    Scrappy Coco

Comment

I think they are relying on me backing down which I won't do or going to FOS which will delay matters even further.

And if I go to court over the matter they will either defend and back off as we are walking into court or they will just pay me out.

Just a pain in the arse either way you look at it as they are effectively stealing from me yet I have to fight legally get my money back.

Could employ a debt collector and set them on Mint. See how they like it when the tables are turned on them

Thanks as always
                      Scrappy Coco

Comment

Hiya

That's a shame that you do not have a helpful MP, you would think they be happy to help, as they do want your vote when the time comes.
                        I would personally vote for someone else in the future if they did not want to help me.

With me, if whenever I needed help, I have been pretty lucky really.

Basically I get in touch with the MP, then the matter gets looked into and passed on to his secretary, who is great, and he will pass on any written support letters on to her to pass to me to see if I'm happy before sending them off, and anything they receive back they send me copies in the post, or even via attachment email if urgent.

The MP's get paid to help people like us.

I have never had anything to do with cases when it comes to court, but sure other folks on here have done.

Keep at them though.

Comment

Evening,

This just about sums up the morons I'm having to deal with.

I cancelled the PPI on my card 3 months ago and yet once again this month they have taken it again even though they acknowledged the cancellation.

I've moved to another county now di30 so I will go down the MP route. As I'm a new constituent he might want to impress me and actually do something about their bloody attitude towards a customer with a legitimate complaint.

They can feck you over all day long and nothing serious ever happens to them with regards to fines etc or even criminal prosecution in some cases.

But the moment you go back at them the shutters come down and your left with very few options. Either carry on paying while waiting for things to be resolved or stop paying and then they feck you over completely because you broke the terms and conditions and you are forced into another fight for fighting for your legal rights etc etc etc

Makes me so bloody angry. And while all this is going on the regulators just sit back and do feck all to resolve the issues.

But then why would you bite the hand that feeds you???????

Thanks as always

Scrappy Coco

Comment

Evening all,

Just a quick update. Local MP wrote to Stephen Hester head of RBS asking for this matter to be looked into and he still hasn't received a reply. He has sent a chaser.

Just about sums up RBS. State owned and saved from doom and they can't even be bothered to answer an MP. You couldn't make this up.

Shame Scotland didn't have a independence vote 10 years ago and then the arseholes would have gone down the crapper like so many hard working people in this country have because of their (RBS) and many others actions. Would have served them bloody right.

Sorry if I've upset the Scottish contingent on here. It's nothing personal, I've just about at the end of my tether with all of them.

Thanks as always

Scrappy Coco

Comment

I a, in the same boat Scrappy.

Agter fighting with em for nearly 2 1/2 years I am still not close to ending my battle with them.

They have credited an amount my closed crdeit card account about a year ago - without consulting me or providing any info on how they arrived at the figure paid , which is several thousand pounds low.

I have been asking them ever since for details of how they arrived at the figure paid & they have used every trick / excuse in the book to avoid answering my question.

Latest was a returned SAR - as my account is closed (By them)

They are an obstropulous bunch to deal with.

Good luck,

Matty

Comment

Working...
                              X