GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DSAR received - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DSAR received

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSAR received

Hi again,
    i recieved my DSAR from Lloyds yesterday. Took me ages to go through it, then go over it all again. I'd been with them for a long time so there was a lot of stuff. The bundle weighed 5kilo according to the ticket. In the main ,statements go back to 2001, but i also got some documents prior to this date/year. There's nothing in there to directly help me with my defence against Lloyds claim against me.........
    http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...loan-agreement

But i do have a couple of questions. It was like a trip down memory lane reading it all and a lot of stuff i had actually forgotten about.
    Anyway, questions...........

I identified a loan i'd taken out with HFC. Start date was 2005 and finish date was 2010. Loan was for 10K, and all was paid back. The payments where £224.87 a month for 5 years. Total paid back £13492.20. Now i havn't a clue on interest rates at the time etc.. Does that figure suggest i may of had PPI on the loan, or is that a normal interest rate /payback amount? I don't have any HFC paperwork anymore.

Next question, there was my agreement /application for my TSB credit card dated 1996 This was paid in off in full approx 2007, and then closed around 2009 as it wasn't used. My application was ticked for credit card protection insurance, and sure enough its deducted on all my statements. (i'll manually tot them up when i finish this post). Now i realise reclaiming PPI can be a bit of a fight. In this instance the "memoline" cites me as going into the branch and getting this card when i was self employed and out of work, so i'm assuming this PPI reclaim might be very straightforward and easy ? If so, whatever i get back can go right off the loan i owe them?

Any thoughts?

Re: DSAR recieved

Hi Marylikes.

DSAR's can be bit like that cant they bringing back good and bad times.

Anyway to your questions and am sure Di will pop along soon enough.

The PPI with the TSB would IMO be well worth chasing. You appear to have proof it was an advised sale and unless the policy said self employed were covered (not normal) then you would appear to have a pretty strong case. We had this with a Halifax account. As soon as we could prove a Helifax employee had indeed been in verbal face to face contact at the time of the sale the bank rolled over.

Your quite right if you owe the bank anything they can set off. TSB was Lloyds so would seem entirely possible. Niddy tends to suggest not to chase PPI on accounts we are trying for UE. But as this one is closed then if you dont chase it will never come back either as an offset or a cheque to you.

Next to the HFC one. Two ways I can see. Just ring them up and ask if PPI was present or if you dont trust them then SAR them. I tend to fall into the second camp and see the £10 as an investment. Sometimes you hit paydirt sometimes a tumbleweed.

Comment

Originally posted by marylikes View Post
      Hi again,
      i recieved my DSAR from Lloyds yesterday. Took me ages to go through it, then go over it all again. I'd been with them for a long time so there was a lot of stuff. The bundle weighed 5kilo according to the ticket. In the main ,statements go back to 2001, but i also got some documents prior to this date/year. There's nothing in there to directly help me with my defence against Lloyds claim against me.........
      http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...loan-agreement

But i do have a couple of questions. It was like a trip down memory lane reading it all and a lot of stuff i had actually forgotten about.
      Anyway, questions...........

I identified a loan i'd taken out with HFC. Start date was 2005 and finish date was 2010. Loan was for 10K, and all was paid back. The payments where £224.87 a month for 5 years. Total paid back £13492.20. Now i havn't a clue on interest rates at the time etc.. Does that figure suggest i may of had PPI on the loan, or is that a normal interest rate /payback amount? I don't have any HFC paperwork anymore.

Next question, there was my agreement /application for my TSB credit card dated 1996 This was paid in off in full approx 2007, and then closed around 2009 as it wasn't used. My application was ticked for credit card protection insurance, and sure enough its deducted on all my statements. (i'll manually tot them up when i finish this post). Now i realise reclaiming PPI can be a bit of a fight. In this instance the "memoline" cites me as going into the branch and getting this card when i was self employed and out of work, so i'm assuming this PPI reclaim might be very straightforward and easy ? If so, whatever i get back can go right off the loan i owe them?

Any thoughts?
      Hi there Mary

It seems that Ken have answered your posts (cheers ken) to what I would have also suggested.

I would contact HFC by requesting for a copy of your loan agreement by using the template letter and you just enclose the £1 cheque or postal order, they have 12 working days to provide this agreement. Or as Ken said, give them a quick call or even an email as you only want confirmation if you had ppi or not, hopefully they will disclose this to you.
      Of course you can always send a SAR (yes it does mean another tenner) but that's up to you, maybe the info will not be as complex as the banks, with your bank they tend to send you info of everything you held with them, so can be rather confusing when asking lookng through.

Did HFC actually set up your loan as well as being the lender for the loan (can you recall)?

I would give lloyds credit card a shot, both me and hubby been successful going back to the 90's.

Comment

Hi Di, thanks for reply. Regards the HFC loan, it initially started as buying a computer from PC world, then a second computer a few years later. The i think i rolled it all over. I don't recall the exact circumstances. But i do recall phoning them up and asking how come i owed so much money, that was not long before the loan ended. Can i just clarify, the HFC loan ended in 2010/2011 can i still send a CCA request for a closed account or is a DSAR probably best?

Comment

Must admit did think if no monies was owed the creditor could tell you to take hike for your agreement under the CCA request. So the SAR might be the only way to get the agreement if they even still have it.

One of those stick or twist moments. Being cautious I always tend to use the SAR route. Sometimes it worked sometimes it didnt. It costs sure and the phonecall could be just as effective. But if you no longer trust creditors at all then its easy for them to fob off via a phone.

Comment

Originally posted by marylikes View Post
            Hi Di, thanks for reply. Regards the HFC loan, it initially started as buying a computer from PC world, then a second computer a few years later. The i think i rolled it all over. I don't recall the exact circumstances. But i do recall phoning them up and asking how come i owed so much money, that was not long before the loan ended. Can i just clarify, the HFC loan ended in 2010/2011 can i still send a CCA request for a closed account or is a DSAR probably best?
            Hi Mary and your welcome

Yes as Ken says probably the SAR would be the best in your circumstances.

I note you said about you purchased a computer from PC world? So it was set up directly in the store then?

When I purchased from Curries, even though sales staff undertaken the business of setting up and selling, in my case I had to deal with GE Money as shown on statements.

Comment

Working...
            X