GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Littlewoods extra care insurance - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Littlewoods extra care insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Littlewoods extra care insurance

I have just joined and hope you won't mind me asking the following:

I have a current littlewoods catalogue, I have online statements and today I looked at my statement to see I had extracare insurance added at £41!!, have checked back over the last few statements and it's there normally about £5 per month.

I've had a littlewoods account for years, sometimes I use it sometimes I don't. It was orginally opened in my name I was a housewife at the time so wouldn't have been able to claim on the insurance even if it was needed! Then we changed the account into my husbands name as I was ill for a few months and they wouldn't discuss my account with him so gave permission to change it into his name, at the time he was self-employed so again the insurance would have been useless.

I have just sent them a email asking them to cancell the extra care insurance as it wasn't asked for or needed.

Would it be worth trying to claim back the extracare insurance? Do I just send off a standard letter explaining the above first or is there anything else anyone could recommend.
    Many thanks in advance

Re: Littlewoods extra care insurance

Di is the lady to speak to about this and am sure she will be along soon

Been a couple of wins on threads just recently so well worth going after imo. Put it in the search bar they come up.

If you do decide to go for it just remember the word patience was invented for PPI reclaims. Its slow and frustrating sometimes but the end reward can be happy days.

You will need to send in a FOS complaint form to Littlewoods. These are on the FOS website. Make sure you retain a copy of this just incase Littlewoods decide not to play ball.

I personally found having a SAR first (gives you all the data they hold on you) was the way forward but some just plough in and get the redress from the one letter/FOS complaint form. This bit really is up to you. As I said patience is needed.

Not sure about Littlewoods but the date you started could be crucial as it may be before the FOS took over responsibility for Littlewoods. There is still away round this but we would come to that if needs be.

But would be useful if you can let Di know the the actual start date of your account on this thread please.

Your reasons are sound enough for a reclaim so good luck with this.

Comment

Hi Thanks for your reply. I opened the littlewoods account in approx 1996/97.

I emailed littlewoods this morning at 11.05 to request they cancel this insurance, at 11.27am I received the following reply:

"Thank you for your recent communication, as requested your Extra Care Insurance has now been cancelled.

Any cover provided by this product will cease with effect from 22nd February 2013.

As the request to cancel has been received outside of the cooling off period, no refund of the premium charged will be made.

Please note, the Extra Care may have covered catalogue payments if the account holder (or partner, if eligible) was made unemployed (age 18-65), signed off sick by a GP (age 18-65), diagnosed with a critical illness (age 65-74), hospitalised (no age limit) or dies (age 18-74). This Insurance may have also covered most goods purchased against loss, theft or accidental damage for a period of 1 year from the items purchase date. This cover was available to employed, self-employed and un-employed customers. The benefits for the self-employed were identical to those customers who were employed."

Is this the standard response from them in the hope it's enough to put you off?? bit worried about the self-employed bit now

Comment

Hi and welcome

I will take a look at this now and get back to you, both myself and others have been successful in making a reclaim, and mine was taken out a long time ago as well.

Give me a few mins, cheers.

Comment

rmcrr4

They duck dive hide say black is white and white is black anything to try and get you to stop claiming.

With an account that old could be a few pennies there so well worth trying.

Whenever you get a knock back and you will just think that word patience.

Its the persistant reclaimers who get there eventually.

Good luck just keep posting we will hopefully get you there.

Comment

If its usually a fiver a month and jumped to £41 then that suggests a hike in spending so assuming you purchased a large(ish) amount of goods c.£500+.

If not then that's another major f*ck-up
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

If you want to send a Subject Access Request (SAR), this is a letter to request for all the information on your account, if you do not have any, although they may not hold everything going back all that way, yet I was send the majority of my information, so you should be ok there.
              A SAR is optional, where they have up to 40 calendar days to comply, you enclose the one payment of £10 cheque or postal order.
              (as said though this is optional, but if you decide to want to do this, the address is here to the data protection unit).

Cheque & SAR prepared and being sent to.......

The Data Protection Unit
              Customer Excellence
              Sandringham House
              Sandringham Avenue
              Chelmsford
              CM92 1LQ

In regards of making a complaint with your reasons, I would personally write/email (I shall forward you the email details below), and they will send you a complaint form (this is different to the complaint form to the ones issued by the FOS).

Email addresses.....

Mark Newton-Jones, Chief Executive

mark.newton-jones@shopdirect.com

help@littlewoods.co.uk

I would email the help@littlewoods and email a copy to Mark Newton Jones, as on email above, make sure you give your cat account number and your reasons, also ask them to confirm receipt of your email.

Good luck.

Please also check my thread which may also help you.

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ead.php?t=6561

Comment

SAR --> Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Subject Access (SAR) - Advanced Request
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thankyou so much for your help & advise, I have most of my details although not all statements from years back.

With regards to the insurance amounts my account for the past 8 months or so has been around the £400-£450 amount each month, the insurance at its lowest was £4.04 and the highest at £41, so not quite sure how they work it out!! I have paid each month but some months added to my account.

I will email them over the weekend and take it from there, finger crossed and Thankyou so much I really appreciate it

Comment

Just one more thing, as my littlewoods account is active and I still have some months to clear my balance, can they demand I clear it asap if I try to claim the insurance back?, only I can't afford to pay it all off in one lump

Comment

They could unless I am wrong with Cat accounts use some of any redress to offset the amount owed. That is of course if you win.

But if your account is in order and being paid on time then doubt they will demand settlement at the start of your claim. They are making money out of you because of interest so wont want to stop making money.

Chill and see where this leads you. You be fine.

Good luck.

Comment

I'm writing out my email to send, looking for a bit more advise with how to word it sorry!

as the account was originally opened in my name and i was a housewife, then transfered to my husbands name, he was self employed and not always working full time, he's now employed by family, as it was opened some years ago i'm not sure if the insurance was added at the beginning (when opened in my name) as don't have early statements, am i better asking for a SAR first or just writing a letter?

Comment

Dear Sir/Madam

Account number XXXXXXX

I am writing to you in regards of the above catalogue account.

It appears that the Extra Care Insurance that was applied to the account was not suitable, for myself, nor my husband, this is because I was not earning an income, where in this case the policy does/did not suit my requirements, and when this was transferred to my husband name Mr XXXXX XXXXXX, he was self employed, and not working regular hours, and at this current time he is employed by family.

If this was discussed with me at the time, then obviously this would have been mentioned, but no discussion taken place when it was added to my account, and the same applies when it was transferred to my husband name.

I now feel while researching grounds for mis selling that the policy was/is worthless to myself and my husband, and have the right to make a complaint to reclaim the premiums we have paid towards the account, plus relevant interest I am entitled to - to date.

I look look forward to hearing from you within the next few days in regards of the above matter, and please confirm receipt of my letter/email, thank you.

Yours sincerely

.................................................. .................................................. ..........
                          I hope this helps on the wording, just to keep it simple, and anything you need to add.
                          It may also be worth your hubby writing to them as well ;-)

Good luck.

Comment

Thankyou so much Di you are a absolute star I tend to over complicate things and end up faffing!! Will sort it now,Thankyou

Comment

Your very welcome, and the best of luck x

Comment

Working...
                              X