GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Pre Action Protocol Letter Received!!!! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre Action Protocol Letter Received!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre Action Protocol Letter Received!!!!

HELP

I've received the following email from a DCA

INTENDED LEGAL ACTION PRE-ACTION PROTOCOL

Date of Notice :08/10/2015
    Agreement Number :PP

Dear TibetanMonk,

Outstanding Balance: £397.60

Intended Action: 1st Stop Recoveries Limited, Intended Claimant v Tibetan Monk, Intended Defendant

We write with reference to the above intended action.

As it has not been possible to resolve this matter amicably, and it is apparent that court action may be necessary, I write in compliance with the Practice Direction on Pre-Action Conduct.

The sum of £397.60 is therefore due immediately.

To ensure that further action is not taken against you, please notify us your reasons for non-payment within 7 days.

We understand that financial difficulties can occur at any time. If your non-payment is due to financial difficulty free advice can be sought at the following:

INDEPENDENT ADVICE ORGANISATIONS

Organisation: National Debtline - Address: Tricorn House, 51-53 Hagley Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B16 8TP. Telephone Number: FREEPHONE 0808 808 4000. E-mail Address: www.nationaldebtline.co.uk

Organisation: Step Change (formerly Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS). Telephone Number: FREEPHONE 0800 138 1111. E-mail Address: www.stepchange.org.uk.

Organisation: Citizens Advice. Address & Telephone Number: Check your local Yellow Pages or Thomson local directory for address and telephone numbers. E-mail Address: www.citizensadvice.org.uk.

Organisation: Community Legal Advice (formerly Community Legal Services Direct). Telephone Number: 0845 345 4345. E-mail Address: www.clsdirect.org.uk

If we have not heard from you by close of business [7 days], we hereby notify you that it is our intention to issue proceedings against you forthwith without further notice to yourself. Please note that any court proceedings issued will include a further claim for interest and costs.

We do hope this action will not be necessary and look forward to receiving your remittance by return.

Yours faithfully

1st Stop Recoveries

TibetanMonk
    On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Re: Pre Action Protocol Letter Received!!!!

who is the creditor?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hey Nids,

I can't remember, could be Uncle Buck i think

TibetanMonk
      On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

Originally posted by TibetanMonk View Post
        Hey Nids,

I can't remember, could be Uncle Buck i think
        It must tell you on the letter - how can you defend a claim that you know nothing about?

Can you please be more specific then - ie who is the claimant on the letter they sent you? That should be the creditor, unless it's been assigned - and if so then you should have had an assignment notice from the OC detailing they've assigned to (the now creditor) and then you can link it to the actual account in question because that'll explain the creditor as was and the new one.....

Does that make sense?
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hey Nids,

Just trawled through my emails and found an amount outstanding for Uncle Buck which is exactly the same as the above. So it must be them. I vaguely remember having a NOA from them and recognise this DCA.

Are they allowed to send a claim like this through email?!

Thanks

TM

TibetanMonk
          On Debt Row

Comment

Hey Nids,

Just trawled through my emails and found an amount outstanding for Uncle Buck which is exactly the same as the above. So it must be them. I vaguely remember having a NOA from them and recognise this DCA.

Are they allowed to send a claim like this through email?!

Thanks

TM
            It's an email is it?

Being honest, if it's emailed to your normal email address that you used to sign up to the loan account then I don't see why they couldn't issue the LBA that way - the claim itself may be different but this is literally an LBA so I think it is deemed served.

Are you looking to make a small offer to settle or what? Obviously it won't be UE....

Comment

Okay mate.

I'd like to make a repayment option, but as little as possible but have no idea what to send them

TibetanMonk
              On Debt Row

Comment

Okay mate.

I'd like to make a repayment option, but as little as possible but have no idea what to send them
                How much was originally borrowed? Just the capital they lent?

I'll help you sort a response, sit tight.....

Comment

£200 was the original amount.

Amount of Credit: £200.00
                  Interest rate: 292%

TibetanMonk
                  On Debt Row

Comment

Did you repay anything or not? ie in your book you still owe the original loan but nothing on top?

Comment

No haven't paid anything

TibetanMonk
                      On Debt Row

Comment

Ok I'll post later. Then you can try sending it back in response to the LBA if you wanted to

Comment

Hey Nids, did you manage to do that post for me mate?

TibetanMonk
                          On Debt Row

Comment

Help?

TibetanMonk
                            On Debt Row

Comment

Sorry - will sort tonight

Comment

Working...
                              X