GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Pre Action Protocol Letter Received!!!! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre Action Protocol Letter Received!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pre Action Protocol Letter Received!!!!

Hiya

Sorry for the delay - maybe try something along the lines of the below - no guarantee but at least you'll get an idea of what they are chasing - good luck.

Dear Sirs,

Ref: xxxxxx

I write with reference to the above numbered account and having spoken to friends and family I am able to borrow the sum of £200 which I can use as full and final settlement of the account.

Bear in mind that I make this offer purely so as to save on your costs because by pursuing a claim, you will add substantial sums to your outlay and thus make any claim un-economical especially because I intend to fully defend any such claim that may be issued and therefore you'll also need to pay for a solicitor to attend court on your behalf which all adds up (it'd be small claims and thus you are responsible for your own costs, as would I be).

I believe the original sum that was borrowed was £200 and I make the same offer in full and final settlement, to be paid in a single instalment within 28 days subject to a prompt response to my formal offer.

In consideration of this one-off offer, do not waste time haggling because I am poor and have a lot bigger creditors than you but can borrow a maximum of £200 and I therefore offer this as settlement. If you do accept this offer then it will be on the premise that the credit agency records will be marked as settled and that you will not attempt to pursue collection on any remaining or part balance you deem repayable - my offer is in full consideration and settlement of the alleged account; upon acceptance which would result in full closure as a settled / satisfied account.

I look forward to your response within the next 7 days,

Yours faithfully

Sign Digitally / Type Name (if emailed)
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks man! I'll let you know when they reply and what they say!

TibetanMonk
      On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

Hey guys,

So clearly they aren't willing to accept anything but what's owed.

This is the reply I had:

Dear TibetanMonk,

Loan Reference:

Thank you for your recent email.

Unfortunately the offer of £200.00 wouldn't stop litigation proceedings on your account, we would never refuse a payment and it would be applied to your account.

Any court costs will be added onto your outstanding balance. If you are unable to make repayments on your account please call the office.

Can you please contact the office on 01253 603951 to discuss your account.

We are open Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 6.00pm & Friday 9am to 5.00pm

Kind Regards,

1st Stop

TibetanMonk
        On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

Originally posted by TibetanMonk View Post
          Hey guys,

So clearly they aren't willing to accept anything but what's owed.

This is the reply I had:

Dear TibetanMonk,

Loan Reference:

Thank you for your recent email.

Unfortunately the offer of £200.00 wouldn't stop litigation proceedings on your account, we would never refuse a payment and it would be applied to your account.

Any court costs will be added onto your outstanding balance. If you are unable to make repayments on your account please call the office.

Can you please contact the office on 01253 603951 to discuss your account.

We are open Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 6.00pm & Friday 9am to 5.00pm

Kind Regards,

1st Stop
          I would reply as follows (if it was me)

Dear Sirs,

Ref: xxxxxxx

Thanks for your email, the content of which has been noted.

I look forward to receiving the claim form, which will be fully defended. I will also publicise the fact your client openly encourages irresponsible lending and will also bring my recent offer to the Judge's attention.

It should also be pointed out that you will be liable for your own costs as is normal with small claims. Misleading a Litigant in Person is pretty serious and your complete misleading and continual threatening demeanour leaves me with no option but to report you to your regulatory bodies.

Yours faithfully,
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hey Nids,

Sent this earlier, waiting a reply.

I was surprised they didn't accept it, you'd have thought getting at least £200 which is just over half of that's owed would be more beneficial than going to court? Ah well.

I'll let you know when I get a reply

TibetanMonk
            On Debt Row

Comment

Heard nothing more until today,

They sent a claim to my old address which my mum luckily lives at.

They've claimed I've made no contact with them despite me offering £200.

They're also claiming £472.60 + Court Fee of £35.00, which can't be right because the outstanding balance they've said is as above £370ish?

TibetanMonk
              On Debt Row

Comment

So please help as I'm now incredibly worried

TibetanMonk
                On Debt Row

Comment

Heard nothing more until today,

They sent a claim to my old address which my mum luckily lives at.
                  TM

Okay. So they have decided to play hardball. Nothing we haven't seen before and nothing we can't handle.

Do/did the Claimant have your current address?

Please email me a copy of the N1 Claim form with nothing blanked out using planB@all-about-debt.co.uk with a copy to Niddy using webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk.

What is the date on the summons so we know what timescales we're working towards.

Try not to panic. This claim is most likely to be allocated to the Small Claims Court where you can opt for free telephone Mediation to settle prior to any court hearing to avoid a CCJ. I know how important it is for you not to get a CCJ for job reasons.

Plan B x

Comment

Was sent through and received on the 15th, so only 3 days ago x

- - - Updated - - -

Can I not set up a repayment plan? Of like £25 a month?

TibetanMonk
                    On Debt Row

Comment

Was sent through and received on the 15th, so only 3 days ago

Can I not set up a repayment plan? Of like £25 a month?
                      Do you mean the claim form is dated 15th October?

Email me/Niddy the N1 form and we'll take it from there.

Plan B x

Comment

Yes, the issue date is "15th October" what's your email address?

TibetanMonk
                        On Debt Row

Comment

Sent, I guessed it so hopefully it's right

TibetanMonk
                          On Debt Row

Comment

Sent, I guessed it so hopefully it's right
                            Yep, everything received

Can you start a new thread in this claim section http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/f...10-000-or-less

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                              Do/did B W Legal have your current address?
                              ^^^^ Can you answer this question please?

You say the summons was issued to your mother's address albeit you've blanked out the address (your thumb is over the details) on the document you've sent.

Plan B x

Comment

No, they have my old address (I used to live with my mum)

I'll start the new thread now

TibetanMonk
                                On Debt Row

Comment

Working...
                                X