GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script RED CASTLE ? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RED CASTLE ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RED CASTLE ?

Has anyone heard of Red Castle i have just received a text to my mobile saying

"This is an important message for Miss ***** please call red castle on 0844 894 0615 quoting Ref: ************

Any ideas anyone
    "you are only coming through in waves, your lips move but i cant hear what your saying iiii iiii iiii have become comfortably numb"

Re: RED CASTLE ?

Ignore them - DCA also known as Gothia
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Red Castle Recoveries..... a DCA linked to some other outfit who's name escapes me for the time being.

Do not be tempted to contact them by phone under any circumstances and unfortunately, it is not a sign that you've won the lottery either.......

They are debt collectors........
      Last edited by PriorityOne; 25 October 2011, 12:28.
      Remember the mantra:
      NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
      Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
      Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

lol

I replied to the text with

"i will only respond to written correspondance"

was this the right thing to do or not ?
        "you are only coming through in waves, your lips move but i cant hear what your saying iiii iiii iiii have become comfortably numb"

Comment

Mags

Doesn't matter. Just ignore next time

It's gothia - google them.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Mags76 View Post
            lol

I replied to the text with

"i will only respond to written correspondance"

was this the right thing to do or not ?
            No real harm done.... except you may now get plagued with calls/texts because you responded. Just don't get into any phone conversations with them... If you stick to your guns, they will need to put something in writing to you.

Any ideas what this could be about?
            Remember the mantra:

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Niddy to be honest I ignore all texts and calls from numbers i do not recognise on my mobile.........................if they think i owe them money then they should have the details of it and my address so why should i help em along !

Comment

I have no idea priority, i have a few small debts which i have dealt with on my own and paying them every month so i dont think i have any that i am not paying on

Comment

I have no idea priority, i have a few small debts which i have dealt with on my own and paying them every month so i dont think i have any that i am not paying on

Ok.... let's see what they come up with then.... just ignore for now though... :-)

I've not heard of Gothia... but know that Reds like to chase HP debts for car credit and so on....
                  Remember the mantra:

Comment

i think i may know what its for

when i lost my job feb 2010 i had a very nice audi a4 cab fell behind on payments yadda yadda foned Black Horse who it was financed with they were very nice wee man came to house gave me a couple of months to find a new job (i didnt) so wee man had arranged with me just to hand the car back!
                    Little did i know i got an invoice in the post for the balance due on the finance just a tad under £7000 so been fighting with black horse ever since

Comment

See this for both companies lol

http://www.gothiagroup.com/fileadmin...recoveries.pdf

Comment

i think i may know what its for

when i lost my job feb 2010 i had a very nice audi a4 cab fell behind on payments yadda yadda foned Black Horse who it was financed with they were very nice wee man came to house gave me a couple of months to find a new job (i didnt) so wee man had arranged with me just to hand the car back!
                        Little did i know i got an invoice in the post for the balance due on the finance just a tad under £7000 so been fighting with black horse ever since
                        That'll be it then....
                        Remember the mantra:

Comment

probably

I was under the impression that i had handed the car back as is my right to after reaching so far in the agreement ..................may have to look into that lol

Comment

probably

I was under the impression that i had handed the car back as is my right to after reaching so far in the agreement ..................may have to look into that lol
                            Ok... try not to worry for now but use the time to dig out any paperwork that you still have.

:-)
                            Remember the mantra:

Comment

I dont think i have anything...............lol
                              but up into the attic i go ................. i swear i should just live up there hahaha

Comment

Working...
                              X