GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Missing debt! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missing debt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing debt!

Hi all

My husband and I are currently trying to sort out our finances as we owe quite a bit. We sent off CCA requests and a couple of places have (finally) admitted that they don't have one any more but there is one that's puzzling us.

Just before we sent off the requests (last year) we got credit reports from both Experian and Equifax and a debt from CitiFinancial was showing on there. We sent them a CCA request but was told that they no longer owned the debt so we should contact the debt collection agency who owns the account. We then wrote to Moorcroft (that was the company that had started writing to us on behalf of Citi) but received a letter back saying that they had approached their client (Citi) who had told them that we should be writing to Citi direct.

We then wrote again to Citi (copying Moorcroft in) asking for one of them to please provide the CCA and received a letter back from Citi staing again that they have sold the account to Moorcroft and it is no longer anything to do with them.

That letter was in October 2010 and have heard nothing since. A month ago we got another report from both Experian and Equifax and the debt is not showing at all, even under a different name. It's like it's just disappeared!!!

We wondered whether, when debts get sold on, the account is closed with the credit refernce agencies and then quickly re-opened with the new creditor details?

Sorry for the length, hope it makes sense. Thank you for reading

Re: Missing debt!

Hi & welcome...

Citi is now owned by Opus Cards.... so its Opus or HBOS you would need to chase as they hold all records from old citi accounts......

Opus service them, HBOS own them.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

see this: ---> City Cards transfer to Opus Card 21.11.2010 - allaboutFORUMS

and my major complaint with them (FOS ruled in my favour) ---> Niddy vs Opus (ex CitiCard) - allaboutFORUMS
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for that, Niddy. Will have a read through. In the last letter I received from Citi they gave me the name and address of Moorcroft as the new owner and made it quite clear that they have nothing to do with it anymore - we MUST contact Moorcroft.

Can't understand why it's suddently dropped off both credit reports though??? Would it be silly of us to CCA request Opus/HBOS seeing as we seem to have been forgotten about? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Batfink View Post
          Thanks for that, Niddy. Will have a read through. In the last letter I received from Citi they gave me the name and address of Moorcroft as the new owner and made it quite clear that they have nothing to do with it anymore - we MUST contact Moorcroft.

Can't understand why it's suddently dropped off both credit reports though??? Would it be silly of us to CCA request Opus/HBOS seeing as we seem to have been forgotten about? lol
          I agree, don't send anything if they've not contacted you about it so yea, don't do anything.

Regards to Moorcroft, they will be partially assigned as they rarely get absolute assignment. Thus I expect the entries have been removed with HBOS not adding it yet - give it time, it can appear at any time and when it does, and they hassle you, then send a CCA to Opus not Moorcroft.

Comment

Working...
          X