GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Hubbys CCA request - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hubbys CCA request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hubbys CCA request

He sent off for cca fromLPF, ittlewoods personal finance (barclaycard)
    reply today as follows
    credit limit £400
    balance £591
    payment due £211

"we currently unable to provide a copy of the credit agreement you enrered into>we accept that we are prevented from enforcing the agreement while this state of affairs continues>we have suspended your account because in our veiw there is a significantly increased risk that you will cease to make oayments. This is a temporary measure and will be kept under reveiw.W e have not closed your account."

Notwithstanding that we cannot currently enforce the agreemnt our rights continue to exist under the agreement.

You should therefore continue to make payments.We can and will continue to take any action short of enforcement which includes reporting to cra without telling them that the agreement is currently unenforceable, demanding payment from you ,issuing a default notice and instructing a third party to demand payment or otherwise seek
    to procure payment.We refer you to the case od Philip Mcgiffick v rbs
    it was held that none of these steps constituted enforcement for this purpose.

note the decision in Carey v hsbc makes it clear that an unfair relationship cannot be said to have arisen between us as a result of the fact that we have not currently complied with the section 78 of the act. to the extent you seek to allege that an unfair relationship has arisen such allegations will be opposed.

Does he need to respond if not and they persist in phoning then i will send off tele harrassment
    thank you
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Hubbys CCA request

I thought so FP.if they set the dca on then ping pong begin

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Just a quickie, as cca cannot be produced (ahhh shame) are they still allowed to chase ? the can and will and case quotes above left me puzzled.

Comment

Yes, they can still chase you because the debt is still owed. If they haven't already done so, then they will also mark your credit file as default. They will still threaten you with hell and damnation, but that is as far as it is likely to go.

Just sit back and wait for the debt to go SB.

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
          That's the result you were looking for!

Notwithstanding that we cannot currently enforce the agreement our rights continue to exist under the agreement.

No, no need to respond and yes, you can send the harassment letter if the persist. Well done!

Mr Mercer has written to Mr Nanna tday Default Notice and you must pay so am sending letter confirming no CCA template and acopy of the said letter.Hope this does not turn into a diary but if you think it may do then please move onto mine.xx

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
            Mr Mercer has written to Mr Nanna tday Default Notice and you must pay so am sending letter confirming no CCA template and acopy of the said letter.Hope this does not turn into a diary but if you think it may do then please move onto mine.xx
            ......Just ignore it's a Default Notice keep it safe along with the envelope....

Comment

will do darling (that must be the vino) hic

Comment

If Mercers sent you a default notice, then there is a good chance that it is invalid.

Just out of interest, was it dated last Thursday (12th)? They seem to send most of their DN's out on a Thursday and give you 18 days to rectify - so that even if posted first class, they have not given you enough time.

There are normally at least a couple of other major errors in the DN as well as the time allowed.

Alan

Comment

HI al
                  yes its dated 12th april omg never took much notice. pay by the 29 april
                  . Now i do not fully understand what is the timescale supposed to be ?
                  thanx for that

Comment

don't worry Nanna just keep it safe with the envelope in your wee filing system

Comment

these prepaid envelopes never have a date on so why do we need to keep them , i will tho cos you said so

Comment

think the codes can be checked, I always write the date received on them just to be sure.

Comment

He sent off for cca fromLPF, ittlewoods personal finance (barclaycard)
                          reply today as follows
                          credit limit £400
                          balance £591
                          payment due £211

"we currently unable to provide a copy of the credit agreement you enrered into>we accept that we are prevented from enforcing the agreement while this state of affairs continues>we have suspended your account because in our veiw there is a significantly increased risk that you will cease to make oayments. This is a temporary measure and will be kept under reveiw.W e have not closed your account."

Notwithstanding that we cannot currently enforce the agreemnt our rights continue to exist under the agreement.

You should therefore continue to make payments.We can and will continue to take any action short of enforcement which includes reporting to cra without telling them that the agreement is currently unenforceable, demanding payment from you ,issuing a default notice and instructing a third party to demand payment or otherwise seek
                          to procure payment.We refer you to the case od Philip Mcgiffick v rbs
                          it was held that none of these steps constituted enforcement for this purpose.

note the decision in Carey v hsbc makes it clear that an unfair relationship cannot be said to have arisen between us as a result of the fact that we have not currently complied with the section 78 of the act. to the extent you seek to allege that an unfair relationship has arisen such allegations will be opposed.

Does he need to respond if not and they persist in phoning then i will send off tele harrassment
                          thank you
                          Formal demand for payment received today from LPF
                          if we dont contact by 11/9/12 they MAY sent a rep round
                          any response ?
                          xx

Comment

Formal demand for payment received today from LPF
                            if we dont contact by 11/9/12 they MAY sent a rep round
                            any response ?
                            xx
                            I would send this-----> Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit a long with this-----> CCA Query - Letter Previously Confirming No CCA

Don't forget to put a copy of the letter you have confirming this that will give them something to read

Comment

can send "letter previously confirming no cca" if thats correct

Comment

Working...
                              X