GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help needed with College Course Proceedings - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help needed with College Course Proceedings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed with College Course Proceedings

I have started this thread as I need some advice for my brother. He started a home learning college course and after a few months stopped doing it....not sure what his exact reasons were...I know he paid a few installments and then just stopped. He wrote a few letters as he was between jobs and asked if he could pay smaller amounts until he got back in to full time employment...but they refused his requests.

He is working full time...and has no other financial committments...just this thorn in his backside. He is happy to come toan arrangement but they do not want to listen and are now threatening legal proceedings so any help with this would be great...also anyone can look at the default notice that they sent...and see if it above borad?

Thanks to all in advance.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by transformer999; 4 April 2012, 19:26.

Re: Help needed with College Course Proceedings

Any help or advice on this guys & gals please?

Comment

I thought I would do some DIY help for my brother and send Sigma a proof of debt letter. This was sent on the 7 April 12....no reply yet.

But yesterday my brother received a letter from HL Solicitors saying they may issue proceedings if the debt is not paid. Not sure what to do but send them a copy of the letter sent to Sigma and see what happens?

Any suggestions please from anyone? I have read some ghastly stories about HL Sols and how they operate...and would like to get this sorted out before it blows up too big.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by transformer999; 19 April 2012, 09:39.

Comment

HL Legal & Collections Solicitors Debt Help
        Complaints, Reviews and Contact Details

HL Legal & Collections Solicitors is a debt recovery company.

They buy debt that is in arrears from finance companies, telecommunications suppliers and other companies that you may have fallen behind on your repayments to. Despite them buying the debt for much less than you owe, they will usually chase you for the full amount of the debt.

Many debt recovery companies have been accused of trying to force customers to pay more than they can afford each month. This breaks rules set out by the Office of Fair Trading.

If you are struggling to repay HL Legal & Collections Solicitors debt

In debt with HL Legal & Collections Solicitors? Know your rights.

The OFT set out in it's Debt Collection Guidance a number of guidelines that a company collecting from you should comply with.
        • HL Legal & Collections Solicitors can not force you to repay more than you can comfortably afford each month.
        • If you make a reduced payment, HL Legal & Collections Solicitors can not refuse it.
        • HL Legal & Collections Solicitors can not add charges as a penalty for non payment, other than to cover the real costs of collections activity.
        • If you enter a debt management plan with Debt Line, HL Legal & Collections Solicitors should not bypass Debt Line and attempt to contact you directly.
        • Please note the above Guidelines are what Debt Line have interpreted from the OFT Debt Collection Guidance July 2003 (updated October 2011). If you would like to read the full guidance please click here.

Comment

Does brother own house? If not - what's he bothered about?
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Good Morning Niddy

No he does not own a house or any other assets...just wandered if he needed to reply?

Comment

ermm, I would just ignore it myself - they aint gonna do much are they?

What's the balance?
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy..it was £1415.60 and they say could go up to £1560.60 with court fees & added costs.

Comment

Working...
                X