GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Credit Card Debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Credit Card Debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit Card Debt

Hello. Having been reading all about this site, (which was recommended to me from Martin Lewis Forum) and various threads regarding debt matters I have summed up the courage to post this thread. I have to say though the more information I have been reading the more I am confused as to what route to take. Here goes.

CREDIT CARD DEBTS

BARCLAYCARD £8.050.00 start date 2004

MYBARCLAYCARD (ORIGINALLY EGG0 £1.597.42

VIRGIN £3.489.33

BANK OF SCOTLAND £5.547.36

I am in receipt of ESA and full DLA.

I am just about managing to pay the minimum on the above credit cards but leaving me with nothing. I have a mortgage which I am up to date with.

I live in Scotland.

I look forward to any advice and help offered.

Re: Credit Card Debt

Hi & Welcome.....Have a read here could be an option...>......UPDATED - A Full Guide to Unenforceability
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I do realise that defaulting on my credit cards will affect my credit for 6 years, and that there is nothing I can do about this. I just want to be free of debt, which ever route is available to me, paying much less out than I am paying at the moment so that I have monies left over to live on, which I do not have at this present moment in time.

Comment

Have a read here ....>....Unenforceability Diaries this is what to expect
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Omannie View Post
          I am just about managing to pay the minimum on the above credit cards but leaving me with nothing.
          This is really not good at all but the longer you maintain their minimum payments, the longer they'll keep on collecting them from you. These people are not interested in how you survive and that's why it's time to take control and tell them how it's gonna be from now on.

If you decide to go down the Unforceability route, we will support you every step of the way. If it turns out that any of your accounts are Enforceable, then the amounts you are currently repaying can be reduced right down.... and I mean right down to around £1 a month in a lot of cases. So as you can see.... in either scenario.... things will get better for you.

Time to get your life back....
          Remember the mantra:
          NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
          Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
          Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

Comment

Hello. Having been reading all about this site, (which was recommended to me from Martin Lewis Forum)

I do realise that defaulting on my credit cards will affect my credit for 6 years, and that there is nothing I can do about this. I just want to be free of debt, which ever route is available to me, paying much less out than I am paying at the moment so that I have monies left over to live on, which I do not have at this present moment in time.
            Even after the green site "experts" advised you on how to live on 50p per day?

How much did the green site numpties say you should charge per kidney?

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
              If you decide to go down the Unforceability route, we will support you every step of the way. If it turns out that any of your accounts are Enforceable, then the amounts you are currently repaying can be reduced right down.... and I mean right down to around £1 a month in a lot of cases.
              £1 a month for an unenforceable debt?

Shurely shome mishtake?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                If you decide to go down the Unforceability route, we will support you every step of the way. If it turns out that any of your accounts are Enforceable, then the amounts you are currently repaying can be reduced right down.... and I mean right down to around £1 a month in a lot of cases.

Shurely shome mishtake?
                P1 hasn't said £1 a month for an enforceable debt Cloggy - put your glasses on!
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Omannie - can you try and find out when your other debts were taken out?

If they're pre April 2007, they may well be unenforceable.
                  Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Yes I will have to find all paper work. Will sort it for tomorrow. Thank you for your help.

Comment

Shurely shome mishtake?
                      I recently helped a friend of mine come out of a fee-charging DMP.... and she is now paying £1 a month on 4 different enforceable accounts....

If that's all a person can reasonably afford, then no amount of huffing and puffing, threats of CCJs, Charging Orders and the like is going to make one iota of difference..... especially when a person is maintaining those regular payments on time, each and every month....
                      Remember the mantra:

Comment

If it turns out that any of your accounts are Enforceable, then the amounts you are currently repaying can be reduced right down.... and I mean right down to around £1 a month in a lot of cases.

Shurely shome mishtake?
                        Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                        P1 hasn't said £1 a month for an enforceable debt Cloggy - put your glasses on!
                        No, but it seemed to have been implied.

If any of the accounts are enforceable, then it follows that the remainder are not. Why should one pay anything towards alleged debts that cannot be enforced unless one feels inclined to be kind to the poor, long suffering banks?

Comment

Why should one pay anything towards alleged debts that cannot be enforced unless one feels inclined to be kind to the poor, long suffering banks?
                          When that person doesn't know any different? When that person is scared? When that person owns property and fears legal action? When that person suffers from mental illness?

Sometimes CC.... life is not so black and white.
                          Remember the mantra:

Comment

Working...
                          X