GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Will applying for Vanquis have any other effects? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will applying for Vanquis have any other effects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ken100464
    replied
    Re: Will applying for Vanquis have any other effects?

Originally posted by missy View Post

Is it likely to cause the cauldron to stir up at the creditors listed within my diary?

Cheers! :niddy
    As its xmas the OH wanted something from a catologue and somehow has ended up with a credit account. (Not bad in itself as her credit file was fried so it seems we have got to the stage where the lowest of the low are coming back to try and help her back down again)

Anyway we have noticed a defo upsurge in activity from the DCA's. Maybe their xmas normal activity or maybe they been tipped off by our friendly CRA's that she is accessing credit again.

Who knows with this industry.

Leave a comment:

• SA Gold
    replied

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Nooo they only see the type of credit, they don't see the lender name

Last edited by SA Gold; 28 November 2012, 00:49. Reason: Can never remember if whistle quietly is capital!

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Nooo they only see the type of credit, they don't see the lender name

Leave a comment:

• SA Gold
    replied

Cheers Nid!

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Nope, it'll help you as other lenders cannot see the creditor name - all they see is CREDIT CARD - Then the limit and any share data (ie paid on time/late etc)

That's interesting, i just assumed lenders see the same on a credit check as the person with the credit against them does on Equifax etc. So they don't actually know who the others are lol.

Go for the granite one, seems a tad better looking than Vanquis..

Will do mate, i'll let you know what happens!

Granite Credit Card – The Smart Way to Build your Credit

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Nope, it'll help you as other lenders cannot see the creditor name - all they see is CREDIT CARD - Then the limit and any share data (ie paid on time/late etc)

Go for the granite one, seems a tad better looking than Vanquis..

Granite Credit Card – The Smart Way to Build your Credit

Leave a comment:

• SA Gold
    started a topic Will applying for Vanquis have any other effects?

Will applying for Vanquis have any other effects?

Not long after my first default was registered (December 2010) a credit card i had running sweet wrote advising they had decided to reduce my credit limit by £800 (still within reason ). I have kept this running OK and will do so.
    I was planning on applying for a Vanquis card purely for fuel purchases and pay off in full each month but have two reservations:

Would it result in (further) reduced credit on the other active credit card (not Vanquis)?
    Is it likely to cause the cauldron to stir up at the creditors listed within my diary?

Cheers! :niddy
Working...
X