GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Will applying for Vanquis have any other effects? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will applying for Vanquis have any other effects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SA Gold
    replied
    Re: Will applying for Vanquis have any other effects?

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
    Yes! 6 months put in my diary!
    I don't want credit, just trying to rebuild my decimated credit file.
    Good call!

Leave a comment:

• cymruambyth
    replied

I don't want credit, just trying to rebuild my decimated credit file.

Leave a comment:

• cymruambyth
    replied

Yes! 6 months put in my diary!

Leave a comment:

• SA Gold
    replied

Sorry, can't help on that one, but Creation don't like me
    i didn't think they liked me either but took a while and eventually said yes. Did you get an instant no then?

Leave a comment:

• cymruambyth
    replied

Sorry, can't help on that one, but Creation don't like me

Leave a comment:

• SA Gold
    replied

Vanquis want me to borrow £3,000! With their apr I should be funding most of their bonuses if I use it!

On the subject of Vanquis - not sure if i a should write and close mine? Now i am creeping up the ladder with a Cap1 and Flybe not sure i need these clowns anymore?

Leave a comment:

• cymruambyth
    replied

Vanquis want me to borrow £3,000! With their apr I should be funding most of their bonuses if I use it!

Leave a comment:

• carol01
    replied

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
    Strange. I have today received a PRE-SELECTED APPLICATION from Vanquis Bank Needless to say it's going in the bin!
    ha yeh mine is too but put a smile on my face, makes a change from threatening letters

Leave a comment:

• Enforcer
    replied

Originally posted by carol01 View Post
    ha ha!! i have been pre-selected to apply for a vanquis bank visa card!! 3.5 years of going down the U.E route and now for the first time since, i have been pre-selected lol on the down side the postman now knows my credit history is shot by having vanquis splashed all over the envelope but things are looking up and my credit file must be going in the right direction.
    Strange. I have today received a PRE-SELECTED APPLICATION from Vanquis Bank Needless to say it's going in the bin!

Leave a comment:

• carol01
    replied

nah they only cause me to get into trouble and believe me i have learned my lesson if i can't afford it i don't have it but its good to know they pre- selected me

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Apply - you should be fine

Leave a comment:

• carol01
    replied

ha ha!! i have been pre-selected to apply for a vanquis bank visa card!! 3.5 years of going down the U.E route and now for the first time since, i have been pre-selected lol on the down side the postman now knows my credit history is shot by having vanquis splashed all over the envelope but things are looking up and my credit file must be going in the right direction.

Leave a comment:

• SA Gold
    replied

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Nice one mate - haha. Don't blame me if things go wrong and you get in debt, but I do happen to know a decent forum who might be able to help, even though they are 2103 agreements

Give it a couple of months and re-apply for a different card. Which did you just get, the FlyBe?

As for being spot on, what did you expect!

* keep the old one open for now, no harm
    Or even 2013 agreements
    I am being wise now mate

Aye, the Flybe mate. 12 months to pay off my balance for the only Mastercard i've got at the moment.

Spot on indeed! Don't expect anything less than perfect now

Will keep open chiefton (i think its 2007 )

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by missy View Post
    Spot on as normal mate!
    Arrived home and the card was on the mat.
    £1500 limit, with £1300 transfer option which is really handy as i've just requested to pay off my Mastercard which has been running sweet. DD set-up already to 10% (minimum) and as soon as the billing date is set will log in day after and pay off whatever i can afford that month.
    Best to keep the paid off one open and use for the odd bit of shopping to stay active, or write to them and close?
    Happy days! Thanks for recommending them
    Nice one mate - haha. Don't blame me if things go wrong and you get in debt, but I do happen to know a decent forum who might be able to help, even though they are 2103 agreements

Give it a couple of months and re-apply for a different card. Which did you just get, the FlyBe?

As for being spot on, what did you expect!

* keep the old one open for now, no harm

Leave a comment:

• SA Gold
    replied

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Should be £1,000-£2300 matey.
    Spot on as normal mate!
    Arrived home and the card was on the mat.
    £1500 limit, with £1300 transfer option which is really handy as i've just requested to pay off my Mastercard which has been running sweet. DD set-up already to 10% (minimum) and as soon as the billing date is set will log in day after and pay off whatever i can afford that month.
    Best to keep the paid off one open and use for the odd bit of shopping to stay active, or write to them and close?
    Happy days! Thanks for recommending them
    Last edited by SA Gold; 24 June 2013, 21:10.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X