GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Helping my brother - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Helping my brother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helping my brother

Hi All,

I was referred to this site by a mod, so i hope you can all help.

My brother has a HSBC unsecured loan £13425.45 and an overdraft with them £-645.90
    Now he was well off and had no issues with paying untill the last 2 months were his fiancee got pregnant and had to leave work due to the hassle she was getting, but thats a different story.
    He has missed all payments on this and has not payed anything for the last 2 months.

Anyhow, after doing his I&E he has nothing left over to pay for this debt, he is highly dislexic so i have said i will help him through it.
    So, where do i start. CCA, SAR route?

Matt

Re: Helping my brother

Cca for loan ONLY if after 04/2007

Overdraft, well that's a different story! Consider offering £1 token payments but thing is his credit file will be trashed...
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

CCA here:---> Unenforceability Templates - Section 1

If after 2007 forget that route right now.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        Cca for loan ONLY if after 04/2007

Overdraft, well that's a different story! Consider offering £1 token payments but thing is his credit file will be trashed...
        hi one post says loan after 2007 and the other say if it is after 2007 different route, im bit confused lol

Comment

Also Dyslexia is a disability so check this section of the forum then seek help from your GP or other HCP you may have.

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/f...play.php?f=202

Comment

CCA if before 2007. I would be inclined to send a copy of his IE sheet proving he is suffering financial hardship and make a proposal for a token payment, and asking them to freeze interest and charges.

Are these his only debts?

Comment

Originally posted by caspar View Post
              CCA if before 2007. I would be inclined to send a copy of his IE sheet proving he is suffering financial hardship and make a proposal for a token payment, and asking them to freeze interest and charges.

Are these his only debts?
              yes these are his only ones

Comment

Mate, ref the overdraft, I would suggest the following:

1. make an offer of repayment
                2. make that offer IN WRITING and send it recorded delivery and keep a copy
                3. read the Lending Code and get familiar with a customer's rights with regard to the banks' responsibilities in hardship cases. They have to follow a protocol and if they breach it and close the account (throwing your bro into an even deeper crisis) then the FOS will help. Had it done to me and the bank (HSBC) were forced to agree a repayment plan for the o/d and re-open my account and remove a default for a current account closure BECAUSE I had written to them stating quite clearly I was in severe financial hardship and making an offer of repayment which they simply ignored.

I would however offer a realistic proposal to the bank ref the o/d based an an income and expenditure sheet (personally that's what I'd do as if this does escalate it shows a real willingness on your bro's part to resolve this). I would send them the CFS i/e sheet.

Lemme know if u want links to Lending Code and CFS i/e sheet m8.

DS
                Last edited by The Debt Star; 10 July 2011, 10:00.

Comment

Working...
                X