GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Anuathorised Defaults? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anuathorised Defaults?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anuathorised Defaults?

Hi
    I'm looking for some advice.
    I'm on a DMP with payplan, and have been for 2 years, supposed to be planned for 5 years total.
    I have just got my credit report and i have two defaults. One with Alliance and Leceister overdraft, it states satisfied and then a default registered at that date yet i owe about £350 on there and they accepted the original offer from payplan and they are still taking payments from payplan as i managed to find my old banking details and logged in. I don't remember receiving any paperwork at all from Alliance and Leceister.
    My second default is from Tesco credit card, they have stopped interest and they made a default and registered the default each month to present, I'm not sure without checking again when they first registered the default. Basically i don't remember receiving any notices from Tesco either.
    If i did send the Default letter off and they have sent me paperwork would it cause problems for me and the reduced repayment offer? If i request SAR would it come with the default notices if they have them?
    Can i just send the default letter first or do i have to request SAR first?

Re: Anuathorised Defaults?

Is someone able to advise me?

Comment

Hi Chris
      Yes A&L can register a default ;F-

As for the Tesco one ;Spank , they are only allowed to enter 1 default.
      1 Debt = Default

and you should have recieved notice of from both that they were placing your account into default
      have a read of this viewtopic.php?f=55&t=38
      I'd request a copy of the Default Notice
      It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hiya

Ok, regards to Tesco - there is just one default, this is simply a case of them adding a "D" marker in the box, I doubt that under the credit agreements section of your credit file you'll have a default a month shopwing - the CRA would spot the error and fix it, you should have one single default -- shown under "Accounts" - and it will be the default date as per your default notification..... if you have several then send the appropriate template to the CRA and get them all wiped cos they can only add one default and only have one chance to get it right - viewtopic.php?p=131#p131

As for A&L, the reason it shows satisfied is cos they probably sold it to a third party DCA who have not updated the credit file - however in any case forget your credit file right now, accept the defaults and wait 3yrs then start to apply for things and slowly, you'll get accepted even with the defaults being there - so long as there is a clear 3yr gap.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi NID
          So is it not worth trying to remove them?

The tesco one is in default but on the bit where it has the ticks or whatever each month it has the D for default each month, does that count as them getting it wrong?

Comment

Hiya

No, that is just them still providing a live feed of account status, a default is recorded as an entry for the account, within that account on the monthly status' - this can show a number of things - usually after a default it stops feeding to the CRA - so obviously the fact your lender is still reporting is simply an accounting problem..... it changes nothing, it is not a mistake - there is still ONLY one default for that account, even though each month since you did default, they have added a default marker as the payment status which is wrong, but not unlawful cos it is accurate data - it's still just the same singular default though which is the main thing here.

You have no grounds to demand removal.... sorry dude
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X