GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Misspent Youth - Default Removal Query - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Misspent Youth - Default Removal Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misspent Youth - Default Removal Query

Hi Niddy

Great to see the new site, wishing you lots of luck with it. I wanted to pick your brains as to whether it would be worth pursuing default removal in my circumstances.

Due to the loss of my parents I got into a lot of silly debt self-funding my way through uni and postgraduate studies (circa 2002-2004). I was robbing Peter to pay Paul, and as a result I incurred 2 defaults on store cards and credit cards (circa 2004-5) Eeeek, I have since subsequently cleared all of my debts - some in full, and some to the satisfaction of my creditors via arranged settlements. The last of my debts was cleared in February 2008. I've also managed to reclaim the charges off many of these accounts.

Roll on a few years, and I am now all grown up, I have well and truly learnt my lesson and am a model financial citizen. I've rebuilt my credit rating as much as possible by using credit cards such as Vanquis and Capital One so that I'm now rated at about 800, and whilst using my cards each month to prove I'm no longer a muppet with credit, I pay them off in full each and every month and am debt free.

My partner and I would like to buy a house in the next couple of years. I am conscious that my past will probably come back to bite me on the arse when it comes to applying for a mortgage. We aren't looking to buy until at least next summer (as sadly we think the job losses associated with the public sector cuts will make prices fall further in the interim and we don't want to wind up in negative equity), but my defaults will be on my credit file for another five years, and I am concerned to note that one of the defaults is on my credit file twice and one of these incorrectly shows that the debt was only satisfied this month (when actually it was satisfied in 2008).

I really don't want to reopen a can of worms now these are all satisfied, but I would like to remove the duplicate default and ideally the other defaults too as they were not served correctly. Do you think this would be possible or advisable? Would I experience any negative repercussions from banks in the future?

Please let me know if you think this is worth doing and whether you can help. I know you probably have a million and one things to do with the new site, so anytime that suits you would be great.

Thanks a million MM

Re: Misspent Youth - Default Removal Query

Have a look at this for the duplicate default: viewtopic.php?p=131#p131

Comment

Thanks - will do!

Comment

Hi

Defaults last 6yrs from date of default so what you should be looking for is the start date of default, going on your post if they were 2005/2006 then they drop off in 2011/2012 regardless if paid, settled, owing......
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ahhhh six years from the date the default was issued? I always thought it was six years from the date they were satisfied. That is fab!!! I think they both should drop off my credit file at the end of next month. I'll keep you posted. Thanks Niddy

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Madam
            Ahhhh six years from the date the default was issued? I always thought it was six years from the date they were satisfied. That is fab!!! I think they both should drop off my credit file at the end of next month. I'll keep you posted. Thanks Niddy
            Hiya

Well you'll be happy next month then lol - deffo 6yrs from date of default - they can never add them again, or anything - once a default has served it's "term" - then its finished, even if unpaid. So yours will drop off within 4wks of 6rs of default date, i.e. if defaulted in October 2004 - by the end of November 2010 is the date that the CRA's will definitely remove it. It can take a while to get picked up before removal, most are automated on the 6yr day - but sometimes they get missed and are manually removed.

Don't worry though - they will be gone forever now. ;-y
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Oh Niddy

You've made my day! That is brilliant. I've checked through all of my files and I will be default free by the 21st November 2010, so they should all be gone out of my credit files by Christmas. Thanks v much for your help, and good luck with the site. Nothing personal - but I really hope I am never in the position where I have to use it again. I've learned my lessons about credit!

MM

Comment

Oh Niddy

You've made my day! That is brilliant. I've checked through all of my files and I will be default free by the 21st November 2010, so they should all be gone out of my credit files by Christmas. Thanks v much for your help, and good luck with the site. Nothing personal - but I really hope I am never in the position where I have to use it again. I've learned my lessons about credit!

MM

Hiya

well done and best of luck on the road to credit again.... you're welcome to stay and chat you know? We're not just a debt site, lol.... we're a friendly community that offer help and support to others and have a laugh at the same time.....

Comment

oh nooooooooooooooo! don't go!! stay with us have a laugh. I've not a penny of debt (don't ask) but they can't get shot of me now

Comment

Haha why not! thanks all.

Comment

Haha why not! thanks all.
                      ;-y ;-y ;-y ;-y ;-y

Comment

Working...
                      X