GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Natwest - loan and overdraft - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Natwest - loan and overdraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natwest - loan and overdraft

Dear All,

I've a Natwest overdraft and Natwest Loan that I am trying to update the default dates on because the overdraft I believe is about 2 years later than it should be and the loan is yet to be registered as defaulted and shows about 5 years worth of late payments markers.

The overdraft was transferred and payments made to Trident in 2009 yet Credit Report shows default date of 2011. Current with Robinson Way.

The loan was transferred to their internal DCA at the same time and yet the Credit Report just shows late payment markers since 2010. No DCA now, but payments of £1 pcm being made.

I've used the Noddle enquiry process for each account and Robinson Way say to speak to Natwest and for the loan is states that the creditor "has not agreed to make changes to your credit file".

I'm thinking now that I need to write to Natwest directly regarding both accounts........is there a template or just simply request that they update the credit file?

Many thanks

Re: Natwest - loan and overdraft

Originally posted by malamute View Post
    Dear All,

I've a Natwest overdraft and Natwest Loan that I am trying to update the default dates on because the overdraft I believe is about 2 years later than it should be and the loan is yet to be registered as defaulted and shows about 5 years worth of late payments markers.

The overdraft was transferred and payments made to Trident in 2009 yet Credit Report shows default date of 2011. Current with Robinson Way.

The loan was transferred to their internal DCA at the same time and yet the Credit Report just shows late payment markers since 2010. No DCA now, but payments of £1 pcm being made.

I've used the Noddle enquiry process for each account and Robinson Way say to speak to Natwest and for the loan is states that the creditor "has not agreed to make changes to your credit file".

I'm thinking now that I need to write to Natwest directly regarding both accounts........is there a template or just simply request that they update the credit file?

Many thanks
    You really need to get in touch with Natwest and state that they are in breach of guidelines and that the ICO default guidelines clearly state a default should be registered within 3-6 months of the first missed payment, a 5 year wait is absolutely ridiculous. So first go to the bank, then from there see what they say - if they don't help then it's off the ICO and the FOS sadly. We will help, just keep us updated
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      You really need to get in touch with Natwest and state that they are in breach of guidelines and that the ICO default guidelines clearly state a default should be registered within 3-6 months of the first missed payment, a 5 year wait is absolutely ridiculous. So first go to the bank, then from there see what they say - if they don't help then it's off the ICO and the FOS sadly. We will help, just keep us updated
      Many many thanks for the quick reply.

I'll pop into the branch and see what they say and go from there.

Will update later (I can go in at lunchtime).

Comment

Hi you need it in writing. Branch won't help.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi you need it in writing. Branch won't help.
          I thought that would be the case but I was going to pop in to the branch and get the correct address to write to given one is a loan and one is for a closed current account. Is there a template i can use as a starting point in writing to them?

Comment

Gimme an hour. Will sort something....

Comment

Gimme an hour. Will sort something....

I was wondering if you'd had a chance?

Comment

sorry - am here now, sit tight.....

Comment

Dear All,

Many thanks
                  Hiya

Just noticed this - you say you're making £1 payments, so are they reporting AP or green 0's (ie payment on time)...?

Can you please clarify the following info for each account -

1. Date you last paid the normal monthly amount
                  2. Date you ceased payments (if applicable)
                  3. Are you paying reduced payments / anything into the account? If so how much, what frequency and when did this arrangement commence?
                  4. Is a default registered with the CRA's - please clarify the exact details shown on your credit file for both entries and include:
                  4a - date of last payment
                  4b - status (default / in arrears / arrangement / settled etc)
                  4c - reporting owner (ie who is reporting the data a bank or DCA)

Thanks

Comment

Current account:

1. Date you last paid the normal monthly amount - paying Robinson Way £5pcm last paid 25th March
                    2. Date you ceased payments (if applicable)
                    3. Are you paying reduced payments / anything into the account? - nothing paid directly to the current account
                    4. Is a default registered with the CRA's Default date 31st Jan 2011
                    4a - date of last payment - to DCA - 25th March
                    4b - status (default / in arrears / arrangement / settled etc) n/a
                    4c - reporting owner (ie who is reporting the data a bank or DCA) crf gives Natwest as the account owner

Loan:

1. Date you last paid the normal monthly amount - Dec 2008
                    2. Date you ceased payments (if applicable) Jan 2009
                    3. Are you paying reduced payments / anything into the account? - paying £1 directly into the loan account per month
                    4. Is a default registered with the CRA's Default date - CRF gives "6" on file since June 2009
                    4a - date of last payment £1 on 25th March
                    4b - status (default / in arrears / arrangement / settled etc) - "late payment"
                    4c - reporting owner (ie who is reporting the data a bank or DCA) Natwest

Comment

ahhh - and that is the crux. You are making payments, so the problem is the actual status - they are under no obligation to default you if you are making payments. You should have stopped paying years ago, got defaulted then considered making payments AFTER the account defaulted.

Sadly, the only thing I can suggest is arguing that the status 6 (late payment) is replaced with either AP (arrangement) or the default but they will argue no to the default most likely.....

Oooops.....

Full official ICO details regards defaults are here --> http://www.scoronline.co.uk/files/sc...ment_final.pdf

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	natwest.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	1407674
                        There was an AR then it went back to a 6 but surely they can't report that for this long? The account was with several dca's and then sent back to Natwest.
                        Attached Files

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17284[/ATTACH]
                          There was an AR then it went back to a 6 but surely they can't report that for this long? The account was with several dca's and then sent back to Natwest.
                          Thats Noddle - that matters little. Please send me Experian and Equifax. Noddle take 2% of the CRA business so for this purpose, it's wasted / futile...

Comment

I've not got experian or equifax at the mo. I've just been using Noddle.

I'll sort a credit expert free trial....

Comment

I've not got experian or equifax at the mo. I've just been using Noddle.

I'll sort a credit expert free trial....
                              no. Just pay £2 for your statutory report. Serious, it's £4!

see here for links -> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...wfull=1#post75

Comment

Working...
                              X