GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Next default - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next default

On my credit file there is a missed payment record still logged from Next directory!
    There is no default date but the account was brought up to date August 2006 which is shown on my credit report however Next updated this account as "satisfied" 18/12/08
    and it's still on my credit file as missed payments! Should this not of dropped off August 2012 as the 6 years have passed?
    Attached Files

Re: Next default

It seems they kept the account live. Did you not close it August 2006?

The above will stay for 6 years from that update in 2008. It'll have no affect on your credit applications elsewhere.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      It seems they kept the account live. Did you not close it August 2006?

The above will stay for 6 years from that update in 2008. It'll have no affect on your credit applications elsewhere.
      No we never closed the account.
      We are going to be applying for a mortgage and checked the credit file and saw this!!
      So this wont come up and stop us getting a mortgage??

Comment

It might. But easy to argue based on the fact it was a couple of late payments then paid off.

You should be ok. Depends on the lender but all mortgages are tough to get right now.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Would it be worth contacting Next and asking them to remove it as it was over 6 years ago?

I don't get that because they updated the account over 2 years after the late payment was cleared it's still on my file from Aug 2006!

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
            Would it be worth contacting Next and asking them to remove it as it was over 6 years ago?

I don't get that because they updated the account over 2 years after the late payment was cleared it's still on my file from Aug 2006!
            But you never closed it mate, when you paid it off. They don't have any statutory requirement to close something for inactivity - so think the reverse, had you settled it back then but went to buy something a year later to be declined due to account closure, would you have complained?

However the above said, I would still consider sending Next the following - but it might not do you any good, but worth a blag

Let me know how you get on, we can always take it further if necessary. Remember to attach a copy of the CRA entry showing the error.
            Dear Sirs,

Ref: xxxxxxxx

I write with reference to the above numbered closed account. As you can see from the attached Credit Agency Entry; this account was settled and paid off in full back in August 2006 and at that time I requested it was closed but for some reason according to the attached credit record entry, you kept it open until 2008 - why?

All I want is for the correct information to be shown, and not false information which is currently the case as I had never used the account nor it's benefits from August 2006 when I paid the account off, until the purported updated satisfied date which you state was 18 December 2008. This is a lie and factually incorrect.

Please immediately correct the entry or you'll leave me no alternative but to report you to the regulatory bodies for your clear breach of data reporting, as well as consideration of legal action for the libellous content remaining in force.

Your own internal records will verify what I am saying, plus I will have a copy of my account closure letter from 2006 to back-up my story but irrespective, the records speak for themselves and those records show that I paid and satisfied this account back in August 2006 NOT December 2008.

I await your earliest confirmation that the error has been remedied.

Yours faithfully,

Sign Digitally

Comment

Cheers Niddy, got to be worth a go..

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
                Cheers Niddy, got to be worth a go..
                Definitely Sam! Good luck and keep us all posted
                When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                X