GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Another default - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another default

Looking for some help, just as I am starting to get myself on my feet a default shows up at my old address for £123 to 'BT Consumer'. The strange thing is, I also have a settled account to them which ends before this default started.

I have moved address, was not aware of this debt, and have had no letters at all (although this may be because it was at old address). Default registered August 2012 - its not a high amount so could probably pay it off, but I do not want it to show at all

Re: Another default

BT are known to make mistakes, I would contact their CEO and see what they can do about it - especially if they wrote to old address, but have a damned good cover story in hand such as "I called prior to moving and paid what I was told to pay"..... I dunno, but deffo worth a shot

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

you have any contact information mate? so stressed, been trying so hard and then thos comes along!

Comment

Email --> warren.buckley@bt.com

Or tweet him

--> Warren Buckley (wazzer_bt) on Twitter

Good luck
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Actually seems most people tweet him their complaints lol.....

Comment

haha well I certainly wont be, just spoke to some mug on live chat to mugged me off to be fair!

Comment

Wazzer bt? No way that is such an ace name.

Urban Dictionary: Wazzer

Urban Dictionary, December 4: Clicker's RemorseWazzerCached - Similar
              You +1'd this publicly. Undo
              Wazzer is a word you can use to decribe a complete dipstick.

Comment

Email --> warren.buckley@bt.com

Or tweet him

--> Warren Buckley (wazzer_bt) on Twitter

Good luck
                he is only the MD of customer service mate, not the CEO

Comment

I mean, if I do owe this, and I offer to pay it, do you reckon they would agree to remove the default?

Comment

yes so go to him first.....

Comment

Seemingly its been added in total error.

And then theres the whole no right to share that data etc etc debate to have with them if needs be.
                      I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
                        Seemingly its been added in total error.

And then theres the whole no right to share that data etc etc debate to have with them if needs be.
                        when I spoke to live chat he has told me I failed to pay the final bill!

funny thing is, the date the new account was opened was two days after the default was registered, which means for it to get to default took about 2-3 months so, 2-3 months when I was without a phone line (as they presumably had to cut me off) - but I was never without a line!

then we can say if I defaulted then why open a new account two days later?

Comment

Originally posted by wizzywig27 View Post
                          when I spoke to live chat he has told me I failed to pay the final bill!

funny thing is, the date the new account was opened was two days after the default was registered, which means for it to get to default took about 2-3 months so, 2-3 months when I was without a phone line (as they presumably had to cut me off) - but I was never without a line!

then we can say if I defaulted then why open a new account two days later?
                          Who ever "closed" your account failed to mark it correctly closed due i take it to either moving house and having a new line installed/activated??

Unbelievably its rather common. A friend worked in local BT call centre (yes in uk) and had this problem a few times due to lack of care by other departments
                          Last edited by kilasuit; 4 December 2012, 16:24.
                          I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Hope you are right mate, I genuinely cant remember this account..

I have emailed him anyway (and tweeted) so lets hope it gets sorted

Comment

just a question, dont BT charge line rental 3 months in advance? are you sure its not line rental in advance that was due after you paid the final bill? Either way they should have marked it properly, but just a thought.
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                              X