GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script In process of removing Default - Bank no longer responding HELP PLEASE!! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In process of removing Default - Bank no longer responding HELP PLEASE!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In process of removing Default - Bank no longer responding HELP PLEASE!!

Hi Everyone,

I originally had 2 defaults on my credit file - one I managed to get removed
    The other is with Barclays Bank - basically they told me that if I made a lump sum payment to them the account would be settled - did this and low and behold they marked the account as in default and claim I still owe them £85.00

I originally wrote to them with the nice approach asking them to remove it as a gesure of good will - fat lot of use that did!

I am now in the process of requesting the documentation for the default - which I never recieved.

I have sent them 4 letters in total. they told me they would respond to my 'complaint' by 20 August - they didn't so I wrote again to them:

''Thank you very much for your letter dated xxxxxxx. However, as you have nowexceeded the statutory time for the data provision requested could you pleaseconsider removing the data in its entirety as unsubstantiated.

If you do not feel that you are in a position to do this we will have nofurther option but to refer this case to the Information Commissioner Office,Banking Ombudsman and Trading Standards as appropriate.''

They have still not responded - I know they have recieved the letter as I sent it recorded delivery and have check on the royal mail web site - I just need to know where to go from here. Do I write to them again or do I go to the FOS?

I am completely lost with all of this at the moment so any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Re: In process of removing Default - Bank no longer responding HELP PLEASE!!

Time to notify the ombudsman....

---> http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...complaints.htm

Good luck
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

ok I well set the ball rolling!

Do you think I will get anywhere by doing this? I desperatey want this default removing so i can get a mortgage!

Comment

Originally posted by Lazzereth View Post
        ok I well set the ball rolling!

Do you think I will get anywhere by doing this? I desperatey want this default removing so i can get a mortgage!
        Let us know how you get on with this. I have given up on the thought of default removal for mortgage purposes - but i am in a different position to you. I have four, not one.
        Best of luck!
        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

HAve you settled the £85 with Barclays and did you get it in writing that they wouldn't default you??

Comment

Hi
            No I have not settled it - I did offer in my original letter (the nice one). Howeever, on my credit file the default is £85.00 but the letter i recieved with the laast balance on (before I paid a lump sum of £500) stated I owed £583.00 - so technically, if I owe them anything, it would be £83.00 rather than £85.00.

I never recieved a letter telling me they would not default me, nor did I recieve a letter telling me they were going to default me.

They were also sending the letters to the wrong address before I contacted them.

My argument is that they record all calls so it is up to them to prove I am wrong.

It annoys me more as they never even sent me any correspondence to request the so called remaining balance. I feel like I have been treat unfair!

Comment

Hi
              No I have not settled it - I did offer in my original letter (the nice one). Howeever, on my credit file the default is £85.00 but the letter i recieved with the laast balance on (before I paid a lump sum of £500) stated I owed £583.00 - so technically, if I owe them anything, it would be £83.00 rather than £85.00.

I never recieved a letter telling me they would not default me, nor did I recieve a letter telling me they were going to default me.

They were also sending the letters to the wrong address before I contacted them.

My argument is that they record all calls so it is up to them to prove I am wrong.

It annoys me more as they never even sent me any correspondence to request the so called remaining balance. I feel like I have been treat unfair!

Mate they have treated you unfairly and they will do again and again. I would still send them the £85 to clear it though.

Do you have any other advise at all or unfair charges, PPI etc, because normally Banks only settle if you in long term financial hardship. I suppose really the question I'm asking is how you got in this position with Barclays in the first place?

Comment

it was a student overdraft originally. Becuase I stopped using the account I had to start repaying it - which is fair play. When I started to repay it I was only workng a few hours per week so didnt really have a lot of money. The repayments went on for some time and they always called me to tell me I could settle it early and recieve a reduced fee. They did not add any interest to it and I have no idea if I had PPI or not :/

Basically I was an idiot whilst at uni and completely irresponsible with my finances - it is pretty difficult to juggle everything.

I honestly dont see why I should pay the £85 - they werent honest enough with me and lied to me to get me to pay a lump sum - which at the time hit me hard, I had to borrow the money from my Grandparents and pay them back. I also offered to pay them if they removed the default - which they refused to do.

Comment

Fair enough mate , we have all been there!!!

You may have to SAR them though to get copies and telephone calls from them.

In fact for the sake of a tenner I would do that

http://all-about-debt.co.uk/template...lity/s3-t5.php

I think info is power , but if I'm wrong I'm sure someone will be along to correct me

Comment

what is the SAR - I am pretty clueless with this

Comment

----------> Subject Access (SAR) - Typical Request
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Have a look here -------->http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_organisati..._requests.aspx

Comment

Thank you ok so - will this be relevant to me for my case?

Comment

anybody?

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post

Get the S.A.R request off, with £10.00 Postal Order write on the back for SAR purposes only, then from that you can look to get the info you need. once you have that ask questions if you need to on here. keep us informed.

Comment

Working...
                              X