GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Interest and charges post default? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interest and charges post default?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interest and charges post default?

Evening folks,

I have and old egg card which is now with barclays and they have defaulted me in january (according to the letter).

Thing is, i was hoping the interest and charges would stop so i could tackle it but it appears not.

Is there no hard and fast rule on this? Time to send of a cca request i reckon anyway, its about 11 years old although i have heard egg were quite good so dont hold much hope on that lol

Re: Interest and charges post default?

Have you being paying it?

Comment

Not since about november when other things became a priority, was kind of waiting for a default with the hope the interest might stop.

A man can dream cant he lol

Comment

Lol, i figured i would just avoid them until it got to a dca and then fend them off but barclays still have it.

Although, they did send power2contact around to my house about a month ago only to be met with my better half who told the bloke she hadnt seen me for ages and turned on the waterworks.

Of course, her version of ages was the morning when i went to work but alas the bloke saw this as me having done a runner and apologised before leaving.

Daresay they will turn up at my work next.

Comment

request a CCA, bet you they wont have it. Mothers egg card got sold to barclays, all i had to do was send in a query, and they shit their pants and sold the debt on to AIC lol.

Trust me, they will sell it if you write to them.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well its got me thinking, in late 2007 they got in touch to turn most of it into a loan, about 6500 out of 8000 pounds. I never thought about it at the time but i wonder if that was perhaps to do with no real paperwork etc. Sure they left 1500 on the card which kept that debt alive and which is what it has defaulted for now.

I suppose the proof will be in a cca, i wish i had known then what i have learned recently. Seems like they may have been covering their backsides by getting the large amount of the credit card debt turned into a loan with a proper agreement.

Cheeky monkeys

Comment

Sorry FP, cross wires there, this was for the old egg (now barclays) card, mbna is totally seperate beast :-)

Comment

Working...
              X