GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lowell Debt some advice please - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowell Debt some advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Debt some advice please

Hi There

I've just received a letter through the post saying a debt I have with Very catalogue has been assigned to Lowell Portfolio, I have another 2 accounts with Shop Direct that hasn't yet been transferred to a outside debt agency, last year I informed Very that I was having problems making the payments they where demanding as I was made unemployed and on JSA while looking for new employment so my income is greatly reduced.

I sent several letters to no avail and made reduced token payments for a while, they put on a lot of charges and interests which had now resulted in the debt standing at over £3000 which is mostly charges they've put on I've been ill with depression as the result of my situation and have let things slide and ignored the situation I know its the worse thing to do with debt but I was in a really bad place at the time, I now feel better to deal with my debts and I want to offer them a monthly payment to try and get the debt paid off but not sure what is the best solution, I'm going to write again to shop direct or NDR about the other two accounts and offer a token payment until I find employment but just scare about what they will do I've had threats of CCJs and bailiffs could anyone offer me some advice on whats the best solution?
    Last edited by Hanna; 3 December 2011, 17:38.

Re: Lowell Debt some advice please

When did you open the very accounts? Any other debts?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

It was in 2008 can't remember the months.

Comment

So you can't look at unenforceability but you can reclaim all charges.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi There, How would that work with one being taken over by Lowell, the others are with NDR atm?

Comment

It's easier if you can get a lump sum together - we can go for f&f settlement. Are you able to get a few hundred, say 10-20% of the balance?

Comment

No unfortunately its not a option for me atm I have no income other then the job seekers which is 106.90 a fortnight and no savings.

Comment

You ought to consider a dmp you know. Just pay minimum nominal payments till you're sorted but with an agreement the interest will stop.

Have you thought about this much?

Comment

Hi, yes I've been looking into it I thought about trying to do it myself before contacting CAB or CCCS but will contact them if I can't get know joy myself.

Comment

Have a read here ---> Debt Management

Comment

okay thanks your for your help I will write to them offering them token payments and go from there and will contact CAB and see what advice they can give, thanks again.

Comment

CAB? Why....?

You have us

Comment

Yes of course lol I meant CCCS to ask about DMP

Comment

Originally posted by Hanna View Post
                            Hi, yes I've been looking into it I thought about trying to do it myself before contacting CAB or CCCS but will contact them if I can't get know joy myself.
                            I have always arranged my own DMP.... the advantage is that you know where you stand at all times and have a paper trail of payments made and received.

The key is to communicate in writing at all times, only pay what you can comfortably afford and don't ask them to freeze interest; TELL them.

Remember the mantra:
                            NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
                            Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
                            Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
                              I have always arranged my own DMP.... the advantage is that you know where you stand at all times and have a paper trail of payments made and received.

The key is to communicate in writing at all times, only pay what you can comfortably afford and don't ask them to freeze interest; TELL them.

Hi There this is what I would prefer to do at the moment as I would feel more in control of whats going on.
                              Could anyone recommend any good template letters I could use to send to them?
                              Last edited by Hanna; 3 December 2011, 21:47.

Comment

Working...
                              X