GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Capital One sold debt to Cabot - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capital One sold debt to Cabot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capital One sold debt to Cabot

Hi all

MJ is alive and well

Today 19/10/15 I had a letter from Capital One informing me my account had been sold to Cabot. I had not heard from them since March 2015 when they sent a statement of activity e.g. Nada! The stopped chasing me because they had no CCA and so basically gave up thanks to the excellent information from AAD. I will wait until Cabot start writing which I am sure will not take long and I am guessing it is "Account sold whilst in dispute" template should be sent signed for delivery?

I do appreciate they often do the rounds with DCA but this one has been so dormant it's quite surprising. I am not worried in the slightest as they will soon realise they've been sold a lemon!

MJ

PS I hope this was posted in the correct place - apologies if not!
    Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

Re: Capital One sold debt to Cabot

Looks as if a lot of the old cap one debts are coming back to life, heard nothing about mine for probably 3+ years, but, looking at what's happening it may come back to life.

Comment

Hi MJ

My Capital One has just been sold to Cabot. I too hadn't heard anything for years apart from a statement earlier this year. I'm going to do the same as you, wait for Cabot to write and then send SWID.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Letter from Cap 1 today , sold to Cabot havent heard for yrs, will update daiary soon xx
        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

will await the postie, hubby's was sent back to Cap1 from Wescots in 2012.
          Mine is with Link, or it was in 2012

Comment

mine has been sold to Cabot as well, pity they've bought such a load of old rubbish cos mine is well SB

Comment

Ok, had the letters today, Crap 1 have sold to Cabot Management Group, in same envelope Cabot Financial have assignment of your account.
              The Cabot Credit Management Group has recently bought the account you held with Capital One on 24/09/2015.
              According to our records you currently owe £7036.55.
              Says Who!
              Last payment was for subject access request on 26/11/2010. £10.00. Last letter, which I will have to dig deep to find, was along the lines of whilst this agreement may not be enforceable you still have to pay!

Will sit tight for now, dig out the old paperwork and see what happens next.

Comment

Just looked at the "Notice of assignment" to Cabot Financial (UK) ltd. Seem to remember seeing on the forum that they were not regulated and therefore unable to enforce, am I correct in thinking this? Any comments?

Comment

Depends on the name variant of Cabot. --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...hp?18936-Cabot
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

My letter of help from Cabot arrived this morning! I am assuming it is the ASWID template?
                    Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

Comment

Hi to all

Damn it is cold today. Please can some kind person give me a link to the ASWID template? I am getting the "might" or "maybe" do this so I will fire off the template and see what the parasites reply with.

Thanks

MJ

sigpic

Comment

Hi if you take a look at the Cabot thread no one is doing anything at the moment ,have a read then decide.xx
                        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Here's a link to the thread http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ighlight=Cabot

Comment

Capital One sold debt to Cabot: Shoosmiths now threatening me!

Hello to all AAD folks.

This morning I had a letter from Shoosmiths who are now acting for Cabot. They write

"Please treat this letter as notice that, unless an agreement is reached with you within 14 days of the date of this letter, we are instructed to issue a claim in the County Court for recovery of the sums outstanding from you.

We are instructed to see legal costs in addition to the sum outstanding from you.

If (I like the way they say 'if') a claim is issued and you do not reply to this claim form, we are instructed to ask the court to grant judgement in default, payable by instalments of £50 per month

It then goes on "if this is not affordable then contact us to arrange a fair and affordable repayment plan." Then threaten a charging order assuming the judgement is obtained and I fail to meet the payments.

It's the usual blurb and I have history with Shoosmiths who ended up passing the debts back to the original lender!

Do I send the ASWID template?

MJ

sigpic

Comment

I would treat that as a LBA so I would send this
                              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Working...
                              X