GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script 1st Credit - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st Credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Credit

This one (account) is going to be a right PITA to sort out. Started life as a Lloyds TSB current bank account, opened about 1985. Had an overdraft limit of £300. In Sept 2010 I was OD to the tune of roughly £260, then Lloyds took a loan payment of £200 odd, which i'd already cancelled the direct debit for so that that would not happen. Anyway, the inevitable happened. The account went into unauthorised OD and the charges racked up fast taking the account to well over one thousand pounds in defeceit. As this was happening i made several payments into the account to try to clear it. I also wrote to Lloyds and asked them to stop charging me as i was just going deeper and deeper into debt and there was no way i could keep up with the charges. They replied and said due to a high court ruling all their charges where fair etc... So i said i have no problem with that and i'm not complaining about the fairness or otherwise of charges, i'm just asking to halt them where they are now. Also i did not have all my statements to hand as i did internet banking so relied on looking at the screen to see where i was up to. During this time, i recieved letters, notices about the state of the account. After making several payments i was thanked for clearing it, then my statements didn't tally with any notices they where sending me. I wrote and asked them, the account was closed and they did refund some of the charges etc and left me with a balance of just over £400 owing. They where unable to find or discover what any discrepancies where. Told me it was a final letter, get in touch with FOS if i wanted. And i've left it as they've never bothered me about it since 2011.
    Fast forward to December 2013, it got sold to 1st Credit. Due to the kaffufle over that Lloyds loan i thought that account was closed. It wasn't. Anyway i wrote to 1st Credit when they contacted me and said it was my understanding that the account was no longer a live account. They said they'd refer and get back to me. They've now got back to me.

We are writing in relation to your recent query/dispute with the original creditor.

Our understanding of your query is as follows:
    You informed us that the account had been paid.

The Original Creditors response is as follows: Our notes show that fees where refunded of £xxx to account on x/x/2011 and the remaining balance is still due.

What happens next: We have requested statements from the original creditor. Once these have been recieved we will post these to you.

If you have any further concers or queries...........etc

Should i wait for 1st Credit to send me statements?

Should i contact 1st Credit now and say i don't need statements i have them now due to my DSAR i recieved in DEC 2013, and here are my queries?

Should i just go with the idea of negotiating a settlement figure with them?

Re: 1st Credit

Please clarify in plain English....

1. Amount you were genuinely OD (£260??)
    2. Amount claimed as owed now?
    3. How much was refunded and how? Ie into account or via cheque?
    4. Want me to sort this for you via my contact thus no pita
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy,

1. Near as dammit yes £260
      2. £418
      3. £660-£680 , into account to reduce balance.
      4. Yes please.

I can scan the account statements up tommorow if thats ok ? And my query ?

Comment

Please scan the latest letter and email it me and I'll reply by email and try to resolve this for you.

For now don't reply to 1st. I'll reply when you scan me their latest letter
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ok i'll do that tomorrow many thanks.

Comment

webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

chat tmw

Comment

Hi Niddy, i sent it over. I'd be grateful if you would look at my query on the account and tell me which way to go with it. Argue with Lloyds, 1st Credit or have i left it to late?

Comment

Chill. I'll sort it. We will email for now. I'll update this thread in due course as you need to be careful what you say now.

Comment

All sorted.

Check emails

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                    All sorted. Check emails
                    Is there anything you guys would like to share with the group

Comment

Well 1st will either send back to the bank - likely to get sold on. Or pay £100, we'll get the Default removed, and it's finished.

Decisions; decisions

Comment

Working...
                      X