GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Marlin: Northern Rock personal loan - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marlin: Northern Rock personal loan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin: Northern Rock personal loan

Hi All,

My wife had a personal loan with Northern Rock when we hit choppy waters in December 2010. She did a CCA request, with which they complied. They accepted a token £1 per month payment, froze interest and charges and of course defaulted the debt. They have been happy with the token payment but now it is in the hands of Marlin. Has anyone any suggestions of how to proceed?

As always, my sincere thanks.

Re: Marlin: Northern Rock personal loan

Just check whether PPI was loaded up front on the loan. This was their usual practice. Let us know please.

Comment

you either prolong the agony by paying the £1 to marlin for the rest of your lives

or you could send another CCA and see what pops up and take it from there.

Comment

No PPI. I'll get her to pop a CCA request in the post then. Cheers.

Comment

See this

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post352438
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I know it's not one of the 3 names I mentioned but still, you never know. I'll ask the question and see what response I get back from someone that might know if NR would be affected.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Good morning,

Finally got round to sending off the CCA request and the reply came within a couple of days and enclosed the agreement. I will email a copy to Niddy. Interestingly, there is also a statement enclosed which shows the £1 personal cheque payment for the CCA request having been credited to the account. They should not have done this should they? Does this impact things at all?

Many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by GlennBaker View Post
                there is also a statement enclosed which shows the £1 personal cheque payment for the CCA request having been credited to the account. They should not have done this should they? Does this impact things at all?
                They will have done that in an attempt to frustrate the SB clock. I only ever send a postal order with no name written in the payee line. That way I've not intentionally paid the creditor/debt purchaser. It could have come from anyone since my name is not on it anywhere either. A cheque is so obviously from you to them.

It won't matter in the grand scheme of things for years to come since you've only just stopped paying them officially (how long ago?).

Comment

Yeah, last payment was 30/10/2013 so not really a problem when it comes to SB.

Comment

Agreement all looks in order - thanks for your assistance Niddy. I guess the way forward is to make an offer of some sort.

*EDIT*

Would it be worth blagging a "Missing Prescribed Terms" letter to try and create some confusion?
                    Last edited by GlennBaker; 26 January 2014, 19:06.

Comment

Yep try it mate.

Comment

Letter done and will be sent tomorrow.

Thanks.

Comment

Northern Rock are the only creditor that I am paying, I know that the paperwork is in order. Another 12 months @ £157 a month then they are out of the way. Try blagging it if you like.

Comment

Tried blagging but they just sent the T&Cs again stating all was correct. Should I make them an offer to get rid?

Comment

Hold fire. Let me read this tmw.

Comment

Working...
                              X