GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Marlin: Northern Rock personal loan - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marlin: Northern Rock personal loan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marlin: Northern Rock personal loan

Will do, thanks

Comment

Have you had chance to look at it, Niddy?

Comment

Ok can you please clarify how much they're claiming is owed?
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

£1160.40

Comment

How much could you realistically afford to offer to settle?
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

£300

Comment

Is it still NR you're dealing with or is it Marlin / another dca?

Comment

It is with Marlin.

Thanks Niddy.

Comment

Any guidance Niddy? Thanks.

Comment

To be honest you might be best stopping payments so we can haggle a F&F settlement. Whilst you're paying £157pm they'll never take a £300 F&F.

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
                        Northern Rock are the only creditor that I am paying, I know that the paperwork is in order. Another 12 months @ £157 a month then they are out of the way. Try blagging it if you like.
                        Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        To be honest you might be best stopping payments so we can haggle a F&F settlement. Whilst you're paying £157pm they'll never take a £300 F&F.
                        I thought it was Enforcer paying £157/month and GlennBaker paying £1/month

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                          I thought it was Enforcer paying £157/month and GlennBaker paying £1/month

Oh right - thanks, I didn't see Enforcer wrote that post - random

Ill sort Glen a letter to send Marlin, tomorrow. See if it helps......

Comment

Oh right - thanks, I didn't see Enforcer wrote that post - random

Ill sort Glen a letter to send Marlin, tomorrow. See if it helps......
                            I wasn't sure if Enforcer meant that they were paying NR £157/month, or whether thats what Glennbaker could pay for 12 months and then they'd be rid.

I got very confused
                            "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I am paying £157 a month, now transferred to another financial institution. This is enforceable as I extended term of payment around 4 years ago. New agreement.

Comment

Ok can you please clarify how much they're claiming is owed?
                                Originally posted by GlennBaker View Post
                                £1160.40
                                How much could you realistically afford to offer to settle?
                                Originally posted by GlennBaker View Post
                                £300
                                Ok knowing Marlin it's unlikely they'll accept a £300 F&F offer as they normally look to achieve 80% of target debt via offers so £300 is likely to be rejected. For now, and due to my delay (sorry) don't do anything but keep us informed of any further letters they send. It may mean paying £1pm for the next 1000 years but let's see what we can do in due course.

For now i'd not overly worry - keep me updated though please.

Again I'm sorry for the delay.

Comment

Working...
                                X