GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cabot/ Quantum Debt Recovery - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabot/ Quantum Debt Recovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot/ Quantum Debt Recovery

I have been making regular payments to Cabot on a debt, however, today I have receieved a letter from Cabot stating that "As we have not come to a mutual agreement to repay your account, Cabot will be passing your account out to Quantum Leap," enclosed is the usual approach and no, they do not have a charging order!
    So, what to do next, first thing is to stop them ringing as they are sure to get hold of our work numbers.

Re: Cabot/ Quantum Debt Recovery

Hi Dibs,
    So we can help you better, could you give further info on the debt in the format below:
    • Type of account (credit card/loan)

• Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)

• Approx balance

• Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)

• Are you on arrangement or not paying

• Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)

• Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)

Also....Have you ever sent a CCA request for this?

kind regards,
    Elsa x

Comment

Hi Elsa, thank you for your prompt reply.

Type of account: Store card (Creation)
      Date commenced: 2001
      Approx balance: £680
      Date last paid: OC 2006
      Paying: Cabot £10 monthly
      Account owner: Cabot

Yes, I sent a CCA request in 2007, they sent a copy of the application form, which shows my signature and states "This is a credit agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974."

Comment

I Know what i'd be doing..............
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well, please feel free to tell me!

Comment

You know, I'm not a big fan of ignoring anything from these numpties, but this case I would ignore this.

When Quantum make contact I would just transfer the standing order (it is a standing order isn't it???) still at 10quid and I wouldn't enter into any argument, all of this if you want to continue to pay this. I certainly wouldn't supply any other information and I wouldn't be having any nonsense on the phone (if they start that we can help)

Is it your only debt?

it probably could be UE so it's up to you how you deal, if you have others then I'd pop off another CCA or ideally don't send another CCA and send Niddy the nonsense they sent you, then make a decision.

Comment

If balance was £680 and you've been paying £10 a month since 06 you've paid this off by now unless they added Charges?

i get this as 6 years = 72 months = £720 in payments

That is if that was the approx balance in 06

if thats the approx balance now then i'd be lookin at UE tbh
              Last edited by kilasuit; 2 August 2012, 12:44.
              I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                I Know what i'd be doing..............
                Originally posted by dibsthefrenchie View Post
                Well, please feel free to tell me!
                I would tell them to do one................but thats me
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you, MrsD for your reply.
                  I send a cheque each month, no standing orders.
                  Sadly, I have lots of debts, but where possible, have steadily fought them off, including attending court to successfully defend against a statutory demand.
                  Cabot have several of my old debts and I have requested CCA's on all of them, but this and one other have been defended by them, however, you're right, I should let Niddy take a look at this one, particularly as they are not playing fair!

Comment

Kilasuit, the debt was much higher and is being reduced by £10 a month, however, I didn't pay anything for six months during the CCA request in 2007.

I am just composing a letter to both Quantum and Cabot, the first one is setting out the position and stating contact in writing only and the other is a complaint to Cabot, then an upload of CCA to Niddy.

Comment

Originally posted by dibsthefrenchie View Post
                      Thank you, MrsD for your reply.
                      I send a cheque each month, no standing orders.
                      Sadly, I have lots of debts, but where possible, have steadily fought them off, including attending court to successfully defend against a statutory demand.
                      Cabot have several of my old debts and I have requested CCA's on all of them, but this and one other have been defended by them, however, you're right, I should let Niddy take a look at this one, particularly as they are not playing fair!
                      Dibs

Are you paying debts that you've CCAed and Niddy hasn't seen the paperwork you've received?

I'd get it all uploaded as quick as possible, then you can make measured decisions.

Comment

I believe that they would have tried getting a ccj with this one and as we were applying for a mortgage to move home, it seemed quite a risk and of course, I didn't have all the help from this forum!

Comment

but you have now

Comment

That's true!
                            Thank you MrsD, you have lifted my spirits x

Comment

In 2 deep, that's actually what i'm considering doing!
                              I have uploaded the documents received from Cabot and will see what Niddy thinks, quite possibly that i'm an idiot for paying them

Comment

Working...
                              X