GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script 1st Credit - Lloyds TSB - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st Credit - Lloyds TSB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Credit - Lloyds TSB

Hi folks, first post...

Received a letter from 1st Credit stating i owe them £1200 due to an outstanding debt with Lloyds TSB and provided account number.

Have never had any dealings with lloyds TSB, banking, hpi, mortgage, credit card etc, not a thing, so this has got me really worried it could be fraudulent.

Have phoned lloyds and provided the quoted a/c number and all my details and they can't find anything on their system related to me (which i would expect)

Just in the process of applying for a credit check to see if it is on record but having to wait for a damn pin to be sent through the post so won't be able to check for at least few days.

Losing sleep over this, can anyone help or suggest next move? Thought i'd ask question here before doing anything else. Great site btw.

Re: 1st Credit - Lloyds TSB

Hi Bigperm and welcome to AAD
    I'm so glad you've come here first before attempting to deal with this on your own.
    First of all, stop worrying about it. Rather than fraudulent, it could well be mistaken identity, mixing you up with someone of the same name.
    We'll help you sort it out, we have an excellent record for dealing with 1st Credit via our Site owner Never-in-Doubt (Niddy)
    First of all, if they start phoning you do NOT discuss this on the phone. Refuse to go through any security questions, and tell them you know nothing of this debt and need them to communicate in writing only.

To start off, I would send them this template stating you know nothing of the debt: http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/old/...-debt-prove-it

See what they send back and let us know.

Please relax and don't lose any more sleep, you're in the right place to sort this now

Elsa x

Comment

Elsa thank you so much, you have INSTANTLY made me feel better about this. Nice to know there's people out there who are so willing to help and do not know me from adam.

I will get this form off pronto and get back to you, thank you once again!

BP

Comment

You're most welcome
        If there's anything you're not sure about just shout. Don't forget to sign the letter digitally using a handwriting font...we don't give any debt collectors signatures.
        I would also send it recorded or at least get proof of posting.

Comment

Fantastic, thanks again. And great shout re signature and recorded mail. They'll be getting the finest most unconvincing handwriting font in my suitcase.

Comment

Hi

Don't do anything - I will contact my contact at 1st Credit and ask his opinion. Bear with us for now as this may resolve things here and now for you....

Niddy
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Excellent!

Comment

Originally posted by bigperm View Post
                Fantastic, thanks again. And great shout re signature and recorded mail. They'll be getting the finest most unconvincing handwriting font in my suitcase.
                Hold fire.... I have asked the head of Compliance to pop in and see if he can assist. He's a decent bloke and tries his hardest to help AADers.

I hate DCA's (as he knows) but 1st Credit are actually one of the ones that do follow rules, and thus we do allow them some access to AAD to help users that are being hassled by 1st Credit...
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Wow thanks Niddy you are star! If you need any ref numbers just let me know. Thanks again, can't quite believe the response on here!!

Comment

Originally posted by bigperm View Post
                    Wow thanks Niddy you are star! If you need any ref numbers just let me know. Thanks again, can't quite believe the response on here!!

Bob from 1st Credit will probably post here / PM you on Monday as he's away till then. If not ill link you up so this can get sorted there and then for you. No more sleepless nights

Comment

Really can't thank you enough Niddy, and Elsa, and hopefully Bob if he comes up trumps.

What a great site man.

Comment

Glad you found us!
                        Bob's a good guy, I'm sure this will get sorted so just relax till then

Comment

Hi bigperm

You have most certainly come to the right place for help, this site is truely amazing. The generosity of Niddy and team is second to none....

I was guided to AAD last year by Elsa (Our Guardian Angel) as 1st Credit was threatening SD within hours of Niddy contacting Bob at 1st Credit the worry was lifted from us like a miracle it was truely unbelievable. Niddy is one amazing guy (Our Knight in Shinning Armour. He literally save my Hubbys life) and he and his team will pull all stops out to help anybody so please trust and be guided by him, if anybody can help you it is Niddy and his excellent team.
                          Last edited by Miss Muddled; 4 October 2013, 06:25.

Comment

Thank you so much miss muddled. Well they say things come in three's and this is my third bit of rubbish news in the last few weeks, it's really stressed me out and been niggling at the back of my mind, despite knowing i've never had any dealings with lloyds TSB! If i can get it sorted i'll be well happy, just coming on here has made me feel much better already, so thanks all.

Comment

Ok check email

Comment

Working...
                              X