GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Debt Sold - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debt Sold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt Sold

My Debt has finally been sold to a company called Aktiv Kapital, any one had any dealings with this company?

Cheers

Re: Debt Sold

Loads! They're annoying but otherwise, same as the other DCA's
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Wow quick response, okay no worries ill just sit tight keep paying my monthly amount and wait for them to contact
      me with their threats lol, The debt being sold may work in my favour now i can work on a settlement, Halifax dont even entertain settlements!

Cheers

Comment

Why are you paying?
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Why? This is my loan this has a valid CCA its my CC with Halifax thats not got a valid CCA

cheers

Comment

I think i am going to just pay what i normally pay, Going to hope they come to me with offers of settlement

Comment

They will, about every six weeks!
              I would advise caution at accepting one of their offers without checking all the details, as they might just sell the balance on, they have no morals :-(

Comment

Every 6 blooming weeks just aswell they have no upto date contact numbers to contact me on which is a bonus,
                Are you speaking from personal experience??

Cheers

Comment

What is the alleged balance outstanding?

Have you considered approaching Aktiv for a F&F deal? Offer 10% to start.

See this -> Making Offers - allaboutDEBT UK

Comment

Ongoing personal experience of the amount of trees that have been felled.

Someone on another forum accepted their offer, but within six months the debt balance had been sold on, don't know the outcome of that case, however, if you are tempted to accept an offer, check and recheck all the details.

First hand experience of the lack of morals, as they faxed my previous employer, to ask me to contact them, it was quite obvious what the fax related to and as it was a small vet surgery, it felt quite excruciating!

Comment

F & F's are difficult things to manage leaving you clean and clear (other than a trashed credit file). Without the correct wordings being in place it can be fraught with the "sell on of the outstanding balances.

There are ways around this but you enter the minefield of the Common Law of Contract which is a whole different playing field to relatively simple Consumer Protection legislation.

I would probably on balance still do what we did ( for an on cost of £245 to legals) , however if you are serious about this then follow Niddy's pattern and model on the site as he has suggested. The law is basically on your side, right up to Court of Appeal but it is a minefield and not be tackled by us mere mortals on our own.

regards
                      G

Comment

The template we have covers any comeback referring to pinney/cole

Comment

The alleged debt is for £6.010.09, some great advice from you all thanks, Had a really good experience with a full and final with MBNA, maybe if i do look at settling this i can put the letter up for you guys to look through before i commit to anything

Cheers

Comment

Use the template we have! It's fine and legally sound to stop any comeback

Comment

I am going to use the template mentioned, i wont do it just yet, lets see what the send me next, As my debt has been sold Kapital cannot add any interest or charges can they?

cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X