GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script disabled got house - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

disabled got house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disabled got house

Last july had to stop working because of 3 rare diseases, can't pay morgage, went with shelter
    that stoped 31st march 2014, told on 31st they can not buy are house because it is non standered house, so left right in it, morgage balance 167,000, house worth 240,000

Re: disabled got house

Originally posted by rodlaw View Post
    Last july had to stop working because of 3 rare diseases, can't pay morgage, went with shelter
    that stoped 31st march 2014, told on 31st they can not buy are house because it is non standered house, so left right in it, morgage balance 167,000, house worth 240,000
    Hello Rod and to AAD. I'm sorry to learn you're poorly so you could do without all this stress right now.

Are you in receipt of any benefits? It's possible that you can get your mortgage interest paid by the DWP if you are.

Do you have any arrears on your mortgage at the moment and is the lender putting you under pressure or threatening you with repossession? You have plenty of equity in your property so let's see if we can get the lender to play ball.

If you've already got a mortgage on it once then there's no reason why someone else shouldn't also get a mortgage on it even if this hasn't been possible yet. We will persevere.

If you can give me a little more detail then I will do my best to help you over the next few days

Comment

Just got PIP, ESA, have been giving them 200, or 100 pounds when can, which leaves us with a debt of 6,900, we also use GW financial
      for other debts, they have just gone over to legal, we have just sent off form to try and get the interest paid, the house is a langeasy which is the better one, thank you for this

Comment

the house is a langeasy which is the better one
        You had be stumped for a minute there because I've never heard of that kind of house. Is it a Laing Easiform building?

http://www.collier-stevens.co.uk/sur.../#.Uz7n7atwZjp

If so it is possible to get a mortgage on it (as you have previously done) but not all lenders will advance money so if you want to sell it that may take a little longer but it's certainly possible.

Do you want to stay in your home if you can sort out the mortgage and other debts? Or do you really want to sell it?

Comment

we also use GW financial for other debts
          I see you're using a debt management company for your other debts which probably charges a monthly fee to handle your finances. Your mortgage has to be your priority. How many unsecured debts do you have and how much do you pay towards them via the DMP each month? Let's see what's what with your home, and then tackle those other debts separately. If the DMP helps to keep those creditors at arms length while you sort out your housing problems then I see no harm in leaving it another couple of weeks before considering your options with that issue.

Comment

have been giving them 200, or 100 pounds when can, which leaves us with a debt of 6,900, . . . they have just gone over to legal, we have just sent off form to try and get the interest paid
            Let me see if I've understood you right. You have £6,900 of mortgage arrears and your account has been passed to your mortgage lender's legal team.

How much is your monthly mortgage payment?

How long have you left on the life of the loan (when does the mortgage expire) ?

Is the form you sent off an application to have your mortgage interest paid by the DWP?

If you can answer each post separately it's be really helpful to me because I can get confused at times and I want to avoid asking you the same questions over and over again.

Comment

One more question (sorry) who is your lender? It helps to know who you're dealing with because some are easier than others.

I note you refer to "we" in your last post. Does this mean you have a partner and/or children living with you? I simply want to establish whether the house and the mortgage are in joint names.

Comment

We would love to stay here,
                1,075 a month.
                We took this morgage in 2008.
                form we sent was something 12 yes for interest.
                thank you.

Comment

Me 45 and wife 43, 3 children boy 22, two girls 16 and 22
                  bank of scotland,
                  I have sarcoidosis, altha 1 , addisons crissis.
                  my wife has ME.
                  i girl lives with us, son coming back end of august after doing his masters in Edinburgh,
                  Last edited by IF; 4 April 2014, 17:58. Reason: Edit: personal info deleted

Comment

rodlaw, please be careful with the info you post, I've edited your post, taking all names out.
                    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

We would love to stay here .
                        And so you shall if I have anything to do with it.

Let's get to work

Comment

Just wanted to pop in and say all the very best with this Rodlaw.

Cheers
                          SA
                          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you all, the kids and wife are my main worry, buy keeping a roof over there heads

Comment

Me 45 and wife 43, 3 children boy 22, two girls 16 and 22

i girl lives with us, son coming back end of august after doing his masters in Edinburgh,
                              You've got a houseful there. Are the twenty-two year olds twins?

I'm not interfering but when your son gets back from Edinburgh he will probably want to get a job so maybe he could afford to contribute to the household running costs. I made my daughter pay towards stuff once she was working. That soon made her move out

Comment

Working...
                              X