GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script disabled got house - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

disabled got house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: disabled got house

At very least you should have had holiday pay and one weeks notice monies and obviously any monies for time worked. Unfortunately there is no claim for unfair dismissal unless we can prove discrimination.

Hmmmm will think on this over night when the wine has worn off

Jane x

Comment

Originally posted by tastyjane View Post
      unless we can prove discrimination.
      That's what I'm wondering Jane. Maybe the question is would Rod reasonably have expected to have remained employed if it hadn't been for his illness which seems to have been diagnosed after he started his job, which he had carried out without any performance complaints by his employer

Comment

Hi gang,
        background. sarcoid since 1997, altha 1 since 2008, addisons crisses since july 2013, P.E.since August 2013, multiple broken ribbs August 2013, osteoporosis since 2011, started working for them 2012, not one day off, they paid my due holidays money but nothing else, only have had 3 weeks in total for bad health since 1995, so nobody can say I was trying it on, I have work since I was 13 years old weekends then 6 days aweek since 15. Rod

Comment

Originally posted by rodlaw View Post
          started working for them 2012, not one day off, they paid my due holidays money but nothing else, only have had 3 weeks in total for bad health since 1995, so nobody can say I was trying it on, I have work since I was 13 years old weekends then 6 days aweek since 15
          If only my daughter had your work ethic! We'll get back to you on your employment issues shortly.

In the meantime can you update me on whether you've received any response from your mortgage lender to the letter you sent them confirming your outstanding DWP mortgage interest claim?

Comment

Hi Rodlaw at when in 2012 did you start with them? Did they ever get you to complete a medical declaration? How did your employment get terminated? Did you resign or did they just send your p45 after 26 weeks?

Jane x

Comment

Hi plan b, jane,
              nothing back from lender, will be chasing today, May 2012, no medical declaration,
              acas got involved, I get holiday pay, they got me to resign?, I have had no p45 at any time. Thank you.

Comment

Hi gang,

been to local job centre, they have told me to claim my son as a career, also to claim for industrial illness, my wife's me has really kicked in she fills that she can not work, I been told she can also claim esa,
                rod

Comment

I'm totally ignorant on this subject, but that sounds like good news to me!
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

been to local job centre, they have told me to claim my son as a career, also to claim for industrial illness, my wife's me has really kicked in she fills that she can not work, I been told she can also claim esa
                    Things are beginning to fall into place Rod

If your son is your official carer you may be able to claim a carer's allowance for that.

If your wife can claim ESA then she may also be able to claim SMI (to cover the mortgage interest on her share of the monthly payments).

And if you can make a claim for your industrial illness too then that would be marvellous.

Will the people at your local Job Centre help you will all the necessary form filling?

Comment

shelter have been back on phone asking if we want to have them ring the morgage company and assist with the sale of the house?.
                      Now that things are heading in the right direction you can worry less about losing your home. More importantly don't even think about giving it away through any of these silly schemes. An "assisted sale" is a fancy way of saying Voluntary Repossession (AVS). You would only do that as a last resort and your lender had issued possession proceedings. You are a long way off that situation if you keep your lender in the loop about all these benefits hopefully coming your way.

Have you had a reply to that letter you sent to your mortgage company on 7th April?

Comment

Hi Rod,

Just wanted to say good luck with everything. Sounds like you've gone through a lot and deserve help.

I don't know much but if I see anything I think I can help with, I'll jump in :P

- Jordan

TibetanMonk
                        On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

Thanks plan b

no I think I will be ok, but if I get stuck can I ask you to help ..?

Comment

Thanks plan b

no I think I will be ok, but if I get stuck can I ask you to help ..?

Of course you can

I'm waiting to see how things pan out when your eldest lad gets back home from Edinburgh university in August and you ask him to pay towards his rent and keep We'll all be on hand to help you with that issue!

Comment

Plan b,
                              shelter, and sodc are saying that, I did not understand wot they were saying, I have just emailed them to say do not go forward with the avs, and wait to hear from me, thanks plan b, heard from bos , guess wot they sent the paper work to cosham, they sent it back to me saying bos did not fill it in so I have resent on mon , income support are going to give me decision by end of week lol only had paper work 7 weeks again thanks plan b.

Comment

I have just emailed them to say do not go forward with the avs, and wait to hear from me, thanks plan b, heard from bos , guess wot they sent the paper work to cosham, they sent it back to me saying bos did not fill it in so I have resent on mon , income support are going to give me decision by end of week lol only had paper work 7 weeks again thanks plan b.
                                That's all good news in a way. As long as you have a line of communication going with your lender they are less likely to pounce on you using the court system. And even if they were foolish to do that you've laid a perfect paper trail for the judge to see.

Things are looking up for you now that you've taken control of the situation Rod

Comment

Working...
                                X