GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script disabled got house - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

disabled got house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: disabled got house

Originally posted by rodlaw View Post
    there you now no my inside leg measurements lol, I hope this makes sense, as you can see nothing has gone right they say we need to pay back about £575.
    Good grief, you have been given the run-around You need a full time secretary to handle that fiasco.

I'll ask one of our team who knows all about benefits and disability to look in on your thread. I wouldn't want you to sell your home only to find out you could have saved it.

Take care,

PlanB x

Comment

I've sent a PM to one of the team who knows more than me on disability benefit issues so let's see what he says about whether you need to pay back that £575 you're being chased for

Is your council tax situation all sorted? I presume you don't have to pay any since you're on benefits.

Comment

We were told to take ssp, for 28 weeks, then claim esa
        May I ask who told you to take SSP for 28 weeks? Were you getting advice from the Citizens Advice Bureau or some other advice agency?

It's relevant because you can't get your mortgage interest paid on SSP but you can on ESA (and some other benefits such as Income Support).

Comment

there you now know my inside leg measurements
          30 and 30.5 inches, but not which is left or right.

More seriously, you should get your MP involved with this. Find the snollygoster at https://www.writetothem.com

Comment

That sounds good a secretary, council tax sorted, tax credits ok at the moment, child benefit ok, 28 weeks was from people at local job centre, I asked and they said no you have to take the SSP, one friend said because I was paid by income support, I can back date my M SI, there is a 13 week wait?
            thank you blan B.

Comment

Just read through your thread Rodlaw and I'm so sorry to see all the troubles you and your family are going through.
              PlanB will look after you, she's a formidable force when it comes to protecting anyone's house and home.
              I see she's already sent a message to our Disability expert Pompeyfaith, he's a good guy too.
              Re the SSP - I'm assuming that's because you were employed when you fell ill, have they terminated your employment now that SSP has ended, hence the application for ESA?

We'll all help you where we can and support you every step of the way. Anything you're not sure of you only have to ask.
              Elsa x

PS Hope you don't mind, I've edited your post above into paragraphs as my eyes find it difficult to read blocks of text...I know...should've gone to Specsavers

Comment

Thank you elsa,
                yes your right, on the last day it was terminated, have had more help from you guys than I have had from any one else.

Comment

Thank you elsa,
                  yes your right, on the last day it was terminated, have had more help from you guys than I have had from any one else.
                  No one has anything to gain from the help that they give, plus everyone tries to pass on their expertise in other areas of work and life. Misfortune can happen to anyone, it is just finding the right place for help.
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

have had more help from you guys than I have had from any one else.
                    And we've only just started

Comment

Greetings Rodlaw,

Just to let you know I have received a message from PlanB to look in and help with you thread I have read it now but have to nip out so will be back shorty to give some answers and assistance

See you soon!

Comment

Morning Rodlaw, hope you don't mind me asking but why was your employment terminated at the end of your ssp?

Jane x

Comment

Morning,

Right a few Questions firstly

1) Are you on ESA Income related and if so do you know why this is I ask because as you have been in employment and paid National Insurance that would have entitled you to Contribution ESA

2) The fact you are applying for SMI tells me you are getting Income related ESA as no SMI is payable with Contribution ESA.

3) Have you had an assessment yet? if yes what group did they put you in

As for the money they say you owe, they can pull any figure out of the hat as it means nothing until they have proved it is owed so with that in mind I would send off a SAR Request using the special DWP Form for this purpose linked below:

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...al-information

Personal Information Charter

https://www.gov.uk/government/organi...mation-charter

This takes upto 40 days to arrive and is like any other SAR Request except it costs you nothing except a stamp if posting and if posting do it at a post office and get a receipt

Once we have all that info back it can be gone through to see were mistakes and errors have been made which will put you in a better position.

If you have any other questions stick them here and I will gladly reply

Regards

Comment

Hi jane
                            my background, I was a qualified painter, mainly paint effects, and made wallpapers, then I started again with a very high end tile company, after 10 hard years I was offered shares then remogage the house and put 40,000 to buy into, the other husband and wife payed in they had 80%, I had 20 %, they in 5 years killed the company, was head hunted buy a local comoany promised the earth all talk, when I went ill in july last year, they could not pay me for july & August, never rang or called once to get my holiday money owed l had to leave.

Comment

was head hunted buy a local comoany promised the earth all talk, when I went ill in july last year, they could not pay me for july & August, never rang or called once to get my holiday money owed l had to leave.
                              Does that company still trade Rod?

Comment

Yes they are they have 3 under different names.

Comment

Working...
                                X