GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script disabled got house - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

disabled got house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: disabled got house

Sorry 16 year old is a boy the girl is from first marriage, boy 22 is from mrs laws first marriage, but I have been his dad since 2.5 years old, my daughter has 2 jobs, when he comes back I have told him about paying rent, all we got was., want is rent ha ha.

Comment

Originally posted by rodlaw View Post
      We would love to stay here,
      1,075 a month.
      We took this morgage in 2008.
      form we sent was something 12 yes for interest.
      £1,075.00 per month is a lot for a mortgage of £167k. Would I be right in thinking this is a repayment mortgage not an interest only one? If so you can ask the lender to change it to interest only which would probably half those monthly payments. They must consider this as part of Pre-Action Protocol (legal rules and regs). Read Paragraph 7 in the link at the end of my post.

A lender cannot start repossession proceedings once a borrower has submitted a claim to the DWP for mortgage interest help. Read Paragraph 6 in the link below.

I think your goal should be to get the mortgage switched to interest only, and to get the DWP to pay the interest under the SMI (Support for Mortgage Interest) scheme. If you're on ESA then you should be eligible to claim. That should steady things and prevent a repossession.

Your lender has a duty to make you aware of your right to claim from the DWP once you get into arrears. If they didn't then we'll be making a formal complaint about that and aim to get them to compensate you for any payment you would have got if they had told you your rights. Any claim you make now can't be backdated by the DWP. One step at a time though.

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pro...t_mha#IDA2F0HC

Comment

they have just gone over to legal, we have just sent off form to try and get the interest paid
        Once you register a SMI claim with the DWP there's a 13 week waiting period before the payments kick in. After that the DWP pays the sum due direct to your lender every four weeks. So don't be surprised if the arrears figure increases in the meantime. You should be safe once the lender has been told you have a claim in the pipeline.

Did you keep a copy of the form you sent to the DWP? You should get an acknowledgement letter from the DWP which you can send to your lender. Keep a copy of that too.

You're going to be building a paper trail which you can show to the court if your lender starts possession proceedings. The most important thing at the moment is to keep a line of communication open with your lender. The worst thing anyone can do in your position is avoid them. Never talk on the phone - you need everything in writing.

I will help you every step of the way until things have stabilized

Comment

1,075 a month. We took this morgage in 2008..
          Do you know the current interest rate on your mortgage? The DWP make SMI payments at a standard rate of 3.63% which is not brilliant. There may be a shortfall so your son will have to put his hand in his pocket to help out with that

The good news is that there should be no limit on how long you can claim SMI if you are on ESA. Some of the other benefits only last for two years.

Comment

Last july had to stop working because of 3 rare diseases, can't pay morgage, went with shelter
            that stoped 31st march 2014
            I'm probably being stupid but could you explain that part to me in a little more detail.

If you stopped working in July 2013 was there a reason why you didn't claim for your mortgage interest to be paid by the DWP then? Perhaps you were waiting for GP diagnosis of your health issues in order to claim ESA.

I also don't understand where Shelter comes into the story and what was it that stopped on 31st March?

Comment

We think it is 4.9% but will check, with every thing going on my wifes ME has hit hard, she earns just under 100 a week, would we get more if she claimed benefits as well. Thank you.

Comment

with every thing going on my wifes ME has hit hard, she earns just under 100 a week, would we get more if she claimed benefits as well.
                I'll ask someone who knows more about benefits than me to see if your wife is entitled to benefits too.

Is the mortgage in joint names?

Comment

Yes in both are names.

Comment

We were told to take ssp, for 28 weeks, then claim esa, we went to are local housing people, they told us about morgage rescue, you have to go through shelter they check your finances, then that goes forward to a landlord, they send 2 surveys 1 for electric, one for structure, both came and said no problems, we had to get all the paperwork done before the 31st of march, this was all backed by the government, from the 31st shelter or government have stopped morgage rescue, so any where on the net, you will see shelter, morgage rescue for buy to rent, but if you try to make contact they say it has stopped, as why we are gutted. Thank you

Comment

we went to are local housing people, they told us about morgage rescue, you have to go through shelter they check your finances, then that goes forward to a landlord, they send 2 surveys 1 for electric, one for structure, both came and said no problems, we had to get all the paperwork done before the 31st of march, this was all backed by the government, from the 31st shelter or government have stopped morgage rescue, so any where on the net, you will see shelter, morgage rescue for buy to rent, but if you try to make contact they say it has stopped, as why we are gutted.
                      The Mortgage Rescue Scheme closed to new applications on 31st March 2014 (end of 2013 in London) but if your application was already in the pipeline then you should still qualify. It's unclear whether this also means you can approach another "Landlord" (i.e. purchaser) after that date following a rejection by the first "Landlord" (purchaser) made before 31st March 2014. I suspect you can't but I'll check tomorrow. However it seems that the structure of your property was the stumbling block not the deadline.

You shouldn't feel gutted. You want to stay owning your home not sell it to a Landlord/Purchaser who will then charge you rent while they enjoy the capital appreciation and you don't. Not qualifying for the MRS could be a blessing in disguise. Furthermore you may not be entitled to Housing Benefit to cover your rent if you stay in the property after the sale because you would have too much capital (you have £73k equity in your property).

Every cloud has a silver lining

Whatever happens please don't fall for one of the private 'sale and lease back' schemes which pay you far to little.

Let's first try to get your lender to back-off once you get your mortgage interest paid by the DWP. Tomorrow (Monday) you must write and tell BOS legal team that you have made the application with either a copy of the application form you sent or (better still) a letter from the DWP acknowledging your application. You should phone them at dawn and tell them the same thing, but you must also confirm this in a letter or email. You need that paper trail.

Comment

Thank you, I will do all that tomorrow of that you have asked, I will also keep you in e loop, its so nice to get advice and help, I am finding things hard fighting these diseases, but I need to make sure my family have a roof over there heads.

Comment

Up at 4 letter to BOS, phone call to ESA, shelter have rang and said SODC want see if they can come up with something, VOWDC will see us on 15th they are local council.

Comment

Up at 4 letter to BOS, phone call to ESA, shelter have rang and said SODC want see if they can come up with something, VOWDC will see us on 15th they are local council.
                            My you have been a busy boy! Now help me decipher your post because I'm a bit silly when it comes to abbreviations.

You've written to your lender (BOS) to advise them you've applied for the Support Mortgage Interest scheme . Did you enclose a copy of your application and/or an acknowledgement of your application from the DWP?

What is the problem with your ESA? Are you waiting acceptance or do you need a letter from them confirming your entitlement to the benefit to send to the DWP so they can process your application for mortgage interest to be paid?

I can't work out what SODC stands for, but was that the original "Landlord" who was going to purchase your house under the Mortgage Rescue Scheme?

What is the VOWDC and how do they fit into the story? I'm glad you've got a meeting with them on the 15th and I can help you to prepare for it as soon as I know who they are

I think you deserve a rest after all that hard work today

Comment

http://www.turn2us.org.uk/benefits_search.aspx

You can find out what benefits you are entitled to on this website..Hope it helps
                              Inca has left the building,too old to keep reading HISTORY that others keep re-writing.

I was there,,I saw what you did,saw it with my own 2 eyes.wipe off that grin,I know were you've been,it's all been a pack of lies.....(Phil Collins,Coming in the air tonight)

Comment

Sorry will slow down and give information 1 at a time:
                                You get a form from ESA, we sign it and BOS fill in the Rest and with a prepaid envelope they sent it to ESA, so yes BOS have got letter.
                                Will chase tomorrow to see if they have got it, you now know it is not easy with us sorry.

When I fill ill last july I was told I had to get SSP for 28 weeks, then I could get ESA, I rang them in august, they said I could get income support, November they said I can have income S, I sent them my wifes change in her working hours, they sent me a letter saying they are stopping I S on the 26th of dec 2013, they said I did not tell them my wife was working, I said prove it.

I then had payment again in January 14, rang them then was told they have lost the paper work, so I said how can you say anything if there is no paper work. They asked me to send copys of all my paperwork.
                                Feb 14 get first payment from ESA, then get letter to say they will be charging me £50 extra because I did not get back to them ( I did but by phone, I now no better).
                                Got another letter today from income S, saying they will be collecting the debt, I have looked at my bank statements the amounts do not add up to wot they say was paid in, I have contacked them last week they say they have got my paper work I sent them but have not made a decision, so you can see how I get confused.

So today I have sent them in writing the copys of the 2 different people who want to collect money from and tomorrow I will chase to see if decision has been made, we will see.?

South Oxfordshire County council, are where we went to first about the morgage rescue, then then put us in touch with SHelter, then Radion came to survey, then green square were going to be the landlords. Vale of white horse district council, will meet with us and go through the council housing list on the 15th.

There you now no my inside leg measurements lol, I hope this makes sense, as you can see nothing has gone right they say we need to pay back about £575.
                                Last edited by Undercover Elsa; 7 April 2014, 17:37. Reason: Paragraphs

Comment

Working...
                                X