GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script The long road.... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The long road....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The long road....

Hi all...
    Hope this is the right place to post this, im sure i will find out soon enough..

Ok...got sucked into the buy now pay back later scam from the banks....helped to keep the economy booming....
    Then back in 2007 it all started to go pear shaped..
    My wife due to illness could not work full time hours anymore,so income as a result dropped.

Debts.2007

Mint loan £20,000...consolidation loan
    Mint c/c.........£4800
    MBNA c/c.........£3900
    Barclaycard......£1200
    Halifax c/c......£1900
    Capital One c/c..£3000
    Sainsbury loan...£8000
    Sainsbury c/c....£4800
    Very.............£1800
    HFC loan.........£1000
    Argos store card..£1000

Update on the debts in 2012
    Mint loan £20,000...consolidation loan,,,ccj..charging order £150 £14000.......£150 per month..
    Mint c/c.........£4800,,,,,£3963,,,,,£25.00

MBNA c/c.........£3900,,,,,£2495,,,,,£32.00
    Barclaycard......£1200,,,,,£864,,,,,,£17.00
    Halifax c/c......£2500,,,,,£1952,,,,,,£25.00
    Capital One c/c..£3000,,,,,£2275,,,,,,£24.00
    Sainsbury loan...£8000,,,,,£5936,,,,,,£38.00
    Sainsbury c/c....£4800,,,,,£3800,,,,,,£25.00
    Very.............£1800,,,,,£1700,,,,,,£0.00 ACCOUNT VARIED.
    HFC loan.........£1000,,,,,£800,,,,,,,£7.00
    Argos store card..£1200,,, £1000,,,,,,£10.00
    Nationwide c/c.....£4000,,,£3000,,,,,,£20.00 CCJ/Charge order.
    The amounts that were owed back in 2007 were as near as i can remember..the amount owing 2nd column,and the monthly payments at the end.
    All creditors eventually agreed to payments, some after adding lots of interest and charges.
    Sainsbury c/c we have just sent in letter asking for £800 pound in late payment charges.
    I am waiting to hear back from creditors to see if they all agree to my revised payment proposals.

I will update once they have all replied.

I make it over £10000 paid back in the past 5 years.....one or 2 other debts have been paid off and not included in this list.

Hope i haven't bored you to death....

Steve
    Last edited by stuffthebanks; 23 January 2012, 18:50.
    Steve

Re: The long road....

Mint loan £20,000...consolidation loan,,,ccj..charging order £150 £14000.......£150 per month..
    Mint c/c.........£4800,,,,,£3963,,,,,£25.00 Offer accepted £20.46

MBNA c/c.........£3900,,,,,£2495,,,,,£32.00
    Barclaycard......£1200,,,,,£864,,,,,,£17.00
    Halifax c/c......£2500,,,,,£1952,,,,,,£25.00 Offer accepted £10.07
    Capital One c/c..£3000,,,,,£2275,,,,,,£24.00 Offer accepted £11.73
    Sainsbury loan...£8000,,,,,£5936,,,,,,£38.00 Offer accepted £30.62
    Sainsbury c/c....£4800,,,,,£3800,,,,,,£25.00
    Very.............£1800,,,,,£1700,,,,,,£0.00 Paying nothing
    HFC loan.........£1000,,,,,£800,,,,,,,£7.00 Offer accepted £4.00
    Argos store card..£1200,,, £1000,,,,,,£10.00 Paying nothing
    Nationwide c/c.....£4000,,,£3000,,,,,,£20.00 Same

Still waiting to hear from Arrow global who now own the Sainsbury c/c debt of £3800.
    Nothing yet from MBNA.
    Steve

Comment

What are the dates of all these STB? It might ease the load to rid yourself of any that may be UE. Your choice of course. leaving you freer to deal with the essential ones.

regards
      Garlok

Comment

Mint c/c.........24/9/2003
        MBNA c/c.........5/10/2004
        Barclaycard......28/4/2005
        Halifax c/c......16/4/2007
        Capital One c/c..23/5/2005
        Sainsbury loan...2007
        Sainsbury c/c....Received cca and SAR all comply...£800 charges have requested refund.Debt now owned by Arrow.
        Very.............2004
        HFC loan.........28/7/2003
        Argos store card..2001
        Nationwide c/c.....ccj

Thanks for the nudge Garlock....much appreciated..
        I really do want to pay back the money i owe....
        But....i will be sending CCA requests to HFC,MBNA along with SAR'S to..MBNA,Mint and Cap one....
        I know there are charges on those accounts,and now i have new agreements set up its time to ping off the requests.
        Steve

Comment

Having thought about it..i have changed my mind...CCA'S off to Mint,HFC,Cap One,and MBNA....see what i get back then maybe rethink how i will carry on...
          Sending out tomorrow..30/1/12...
          Steve

Comment

Hi STB

Just checking, who do you bank with ? as its possible you may have to set up a new current account.

MK
            One day at a time, with £34K of UE debt

LloydsTSB - For the (UE) journey NatWest/RBS Mint - (Un)Helpful banking
            Marbles - they lost 'em - and my CCA, what a shame

Comment

Hi MK,
              Cheers for the nudge, but my current account is not with any i owe money too.
              That was the 1st thing i changed 5 years ago......
              Steve

Comment

Hi guys,
                Here is an update to challenge you....
                The Sainsbury's credit card taken out by my wife,on 6th March 2004,regular payments were being made at a reduced rate of £25.00 per month..every month since around August 2008.
                It did take a fair few month before they defaulted account..so lots of interest and charges were added.
                Now it came out of the blue when i had letters of assignement from Sainsbury and Arrow Global, debt had been sold on 8//8/2011.

Initially a letter was sent to Fairfax solicitors who are acting on behalf of Arrow..we had misplaced the letters of assignement and couldn't remember that the debt had been sold....it was during a particularly bad time for us...we just forgot......we sent letter to Fairfax saying we did not acknowlede the new owners of debt,and the last we heard from them was a letter on the 9/11/2011 saying the account was on a temporary hold while they contact their clients with query we raised.
                Money still being taken from my account of £25.00 and still showing as Sainsbury Visa....
                Now we have just sent out new revised offers to all of our creditors as updated on my diary above...
                The offer to Arrow..via Fairfax is now £15.99....and i have changed the standing order so thats all that will be paid next month.
                They have not contacted me by post....but we are starting to get phone calls asking us to contact them.....
                As i said before the CCA looks 100% ok...we did send off the request for unfair charges to be refunded..which amounts to just over £800....that went back to Sainsbury's in December..but not heard a thing back....
                Any ideas on how to proceed.......
                Cheers
                Steve
                Steve

Comment

Ok,so not enough of a challenge guys....
                  Grasping at straws here.....
                  But from my initial point of contact with Sainsbury's to update them on my inabilty to pay because of hardship...it went from September 2007 - May 2008, inspite of me sending in letters to ask for interst suspension..before they actually accepted...
                  That was £518.84 of added interest and what now amounts to just over £800 in unfair charges during that period..
                  My problem is that the original letters i sent way back then were lost when my old Pc crashed....
                  It does show on the SAR info that they received letters from us....
                  Maybe of no relevance whatsoever....but i think i may need lots of help against Arrow and Fairfax..
                  Thanks guys...dont forget me now.....
                  Last edited by stuffthebanks; 30 January 2012, 23:41. Reason: Spelling mistakes
                  Steve

Comment

You guys are so busy,and with the changes to the forum etc. i fully understand the time it takes.
                    Just to update on my last 2 posts....i felt i needed to do something,another phone call from Fairfax just after 8.00am this morning the final straw.
                    I have sent them a letter today, which reminds them of my revised offer and financial statement i sent to them at the beggining of this month,it also requested that no more phone calls regarding this account, i will only communicate via letter or email.
                    That should at least reinforce my position....and i would be grateful if anyone could give there ideas on how to proceed from here...
                    Thanks again
                    Steve

Comment

Hi Steve

It actually sounds like you are handling things in the right way with one exception:

STOP TALKING TO THESE MORONS ON THE PHONE!

Its this pressure and harrassment that they apply to get you to agree to make payments you are unable which makes you look unreasonable if you break them.

So something you could do is:

1) Change your phone number
                      2) Invest in a trucall system to filter out the calls from the creditors

I'll pop in again on this thread tonight after work with some more constructive advice on the balances etc.

Best
                      SnV
                      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Cheers Snv,
                        I never talk on the phone mate...i have my answer phone set on 2 rings and switches over automatically.....
                        Its usually a message they leave,or the no. shows up.
                        I always deal in writing only..

Just needed a push in the right direction in how to handle this lot,bearing in mind the CCA is legit.

Any advice is most greatfully received...
                        Steve

Comment

have you uploaded the CCA to Niddy, if not, get it off to him now.
                          He'll look at it for you and then set you on the right path.

try not to worry, you're doing oK, its not a fast process (despite what banks/dcas want)

Comment

Originally posted by evenlessdopey View Post
                            have you uploaded the CCA to Niddy, if not, get it off to him now.
                            He'll look at it for you and then set you on the right path.

try not to worry, you're doing oK, its not a fast process (despite what banks/dcas want)

Thanks Eld...
                            Stopped worrying about money long ago
                            Yes, thats good advice i will send the CCA for Niddy to have a look over, just in case i missed something.....
                            Steve

Comment

Hi Steve

Ok, had a proper read through this now. It does sound like you're handling this pretty well

Prioritize the CCJ's, and then all your other creditors come after this. If a few of them are UE then this gives you some leverage.

As mentioned get the CCA to Niddy and see what the score is with it.

Best
                              SnV
                              "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                              X