GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script National Hunter (& CIFAS) - how will my SAR's be recorded and/or notified to their members - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

National Hunter (& CIFAS) - how will my SAR's be recorded and/or notified to their members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Hunter (& CIFAS) - how will my SAR's be recorded and/or notified to their members

Hi- am hoping I can get some direction to help me make a decision as to whether to apply to get my file from N Hunter and/or CIFAS. I have been looking through other threads here and think the help and direction given to people has been nothing short of marvellous (I refer to Never-In-Doubt's assistance to others regarding N Hunter) and I now know more about N Hunter and also that CIFAS exists very separately to that section on your Experian report!. I have pretty perfect credit rating with Experian and Equifax for many years (the last time I needed/got any credit was in October 2012 - a Barclays loan which I still have). But I remember prior to that in Summer 2012 being turned down for a mortgage (lender was Aldemore) because of what the broker called 'something adverse on your credit file - and when he saw my 'perfect' credit file, he then said 'its probably a CIFAS issue'. But I had already checked that section of Experian and it was fine. So we assumed it was a mistake and not really needing to move lender, I accepted the rejection and just left it.......until now....when I am selling and considering a mortgage port. Now I understand from reading threads on aadforum that there could be something on N Hunter which is an error/something I don't know about.
    At the moment I am worried about what effect even the act of me making an SAR may do to how (and for how long) any 'adverse' records are held. So in a nutshell if I send in an SAR application to N Hunter, what will they 'do' with the application in terms of recording it 'on my file' or 'on their system' and will they notify/display my application to their members and then some of my existing happy lenders decide they don't like me any more and retract their credit/mortgages before I have a chance to rectify the issue? Should I leave it until 3 years from the mortgage rejection'? And CIFAS? Is this the same?
    Thank you in advance. Dev
    Last edited by Devonloch; 8 February 2015, 18:49.

Re: National Hunter (& CIFAS) - how will my SAR's be recorded and/or notified to their members

Hi dev I didn't want to read and run but someone will be around shortly to offer assistance.As it is Sunday maybe not many here so do not worry if it is tomorrow.... Oh and welcome x
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: National Hunter (& CIFAS) - how will my SAR's be recorded and/or notified to their members

Hi Nanna. Thank you. And I feel welcomed!

Comment

Hiya & welcome

You would need to SAR both N Hunter & CIFAS as they do differing things. N hunter picks up variation anomalies in application data whereas if fraud is detected the lender refers to CIFAS. Applying for SAR has no effect on your CRA data / creditors chasing you.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

To answer post 1 you'll not need to worry as CIFAS data last for 12 months since the last known instance (of fraud) occurred (ie +13 months in total) So anything that *may* have been present now won't. Definitely if you've not applied for credit in over a year.

As for N Hunter; likewise it'll be blank and although they store data for 6 years the fact you've not applied for so long will
          not have any adverse effect. Unlike CIFAS, N Hunter refers cases via Delphi (Experian feed system) for application irregularities and if too many occur they tell the lender that referred the application and the previous lender who left the last application feed. All lenders use the system but it really only kicks in on the application at hand when there are substantial differences between that and the last application for credit you made. Usually it'd result in a decline by the lender you've applied to.

Its plausible to change jobs / and move etc but your date of birth, length of time in job / address etc all works towards matching the previous feed (application) they were supplied with.

In your case I'd not worry. You'll be fine.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for that information...I have a couple more 'follow-on' questions from your answers (sorry if they sound dumb):
            1. So if the Aldemore application (July 2012) raised some 'significant' discrepancy with a previous application, wont that still be 'there' for when Birmingham Midshires search me in April 2015?
            2. Writing this has jogged a memory....I think whatever this 'was' (hopefully was!) or is , it could be due to a commercial private bridging company I applied to for a second-charge loan for my business 9I am self-employed and the credit crunch hit me hard) in late 2011- they were supposed to be commercial bridgers using their own capital but they also asked me questions about my house as security and said they may be able to release equity on that for me (and therefore act as a broker ) and I think they may have just punted some of my details around outside of their group 'see what was out there' without getting a full application form and details or permission from me (I already had a residential broker and told them this and that I had already exhausted those main stream avenues). I should have got sterner with them at the time - they really were a shower and wasted my time which when you are struggling can mean sinking financially. I may need to 'clean up' whatever is on N Hunter if they have decided there is a '6 year record' application with them.
            3. So no need to apply to CIFAS but no harm whatsoever in applying to N Hunter and see what they are holding (if anything)? Would you wait to get the N Hunter back before advising Birmingham Midshires that I would like to port?
            Thank you in advance. I think this site is amazing - I discovered it at the week-end and was delighted to see it was you who replied, having spent most of the week-end reading other advice you had given on similar issues. This site is fantastic and I have been telling everyone.

Comment

Hiya

i don't think you've quite grasped how they work and the subsequent effect it has on both the applicant & the application outcome.

1. CIFAS is pointless. There won't be anything there as it is only a rolling 12 (13) month process (whilst the alleged fraud continues ie you keep applying year after year);
              2. N Hunter - yes they retain data however the data from your last application of any credit will be matched to any new application. A mortgage would NOT be declined as a result of N Hunter because the mortgage lender will verify you with the evidence they request plus their own checks. N Hunter is primarily used for automated processes to unsecured credit such as a credit card or unsecured online loan application. All secured credit involves more manual checks / verification etc.

You really shouldn't worry. Certainly not about N Hunter / CIFAS. If you get declined based on adverse data the lender will confirm as much but you'd then need to find out exactly what & chances are it'd be credit file based as that mortgage lender would be the only available entrant to record CIFAS which they won't do unless you're defrauding them

Comment

Thanks NID and you are right I hadn't quite grasped it (not sure if I still have but will sink in eventually - cheers) - I will port with existing lender (BM) and wait and see what happens. Will let you know. Thanks

Comment

Hello,

hope you can help? Found the above online and my case is almost identical, I too have read some invaluable advice given by never-in-doubt.

My case dates back to Sept 2015, a dodgy mortgage advisor had no idea what he was doing and screwed me big time, he was recommended by a friend who previously managed to obtain quite a big mortgage, he promised the world and made it sound so perfect so I went ahead( how stupid and naive of me). A few months later I received the offer from Santander and was so excited about moving into my dream home until it all came crashing down and Santander retracted the offer. I had no idea why and instead of researching, I went ahead and applied for another 2 mortgages in a desperate attempt not to lose my dream home. One in Nov 15 and one in Jan 16. Long story short I lost the house. I did an SAR shortly after with Nhunter. Which came back with a notice that said ‘false information submitted’ or something to that affect. Conveniently the mortgage advisor disappeared, moved office and changed phone numbers. My friend told me that his business had gone under and a lot of people were looking for him.

Since then I’ve been able to obtain credit from a few different places e.g credit cards and loans. My last loan being 15k last Feb and a balance transfer last July . The time has come again and I’d like to move and try and buy a home if I can. What do I have to do? It’s been almost 3 years since all of this happened. What are the chances of me getting a Mortgage, will my name still be black listed on a file somewhere? If it is how long will it be there? How can I check? Will I ever get a mortgage again.

Any advice would be fantastic. Thanks for reading.

Comment

Hi Newaroundhere

I would suggest you re-read Niddy's post #7, as it would appear to answer your mortgage concerns.

Comment

Thanks for responding still waving... much appreciated.
                      im still quite a bit confused as to how to proceed. Don’t have a clue about this kinda stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X