GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Call Credit - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Call Credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call Credit

Isn’t this mega alarming that Call Credit a credit Reference Agency is working alongside debt purchasers and debt collectors.

We have the tools to confidently verify your customer's ID and intentions, whilst helping you manage your customer relationships through real time data and interactions. Finally, if you need to collect debts, our sophisticated segmentation, monitoring and tracing tools can help you recover what is yours.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:8JhZYvv2cJ0J:www.callcredit.co.uk/business-solutions/collect+Callcredit+and+debt+purchase&cd=1&hl=en&ct =clnk&gl=uk&source=www.google.co.uk

This was the article on credit today but its a password protected article

Call credit has targeted the debt purchase and collections market with the launch of a new product designed to provide quicker, better insight on debtors

Re: Call Credit

Scum. All of them - dirty little parasites out to bleed us all dry.

We have to remember that these clowns are PRIVATE businesses and have no government backing, they exist cos banks rely on them. We need a huge consumer libel victory against one of them to start a trend - the lenders will run a mile once their (the cra's) integrity is gone.

We should start a campaign to bring them down, with a class action of thousands of libel cases....

* niddy brain is going into overdrive again!
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

OK sounds brilliant, where do we start....?! Can you just imagine a world without CRAs..... oh bliss!
      Last edited by MustGetStraigh; 14 February 2011, 16:03.
      Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
      SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

Originally posted by Gerry View Post
        This?

Callcredit targets purchase and collections

Issue Date: 1 September 2010

Callcredit has targeted the debt purchase and collections market with the launch of a new product designed to provide quicker, better insight on debtors.

The product, named Data-Gateway, provides customers with an online statistical data cleansing and profile report of either a debtor or a debt portfolio.

It does so by pooling a number of datasets including deceased, gone away and telephone data files. The product is designed to then allow the user to gauge the data quality of the files they upload and assess the previous performance of a portfolio against how another potential portfolio may perform in future.

Alan Golob, head of collections and recoveries at Callcredit said: "As the Data-Gateway was developed in conjunction with our debt-purchasing clients, we are confident that it meets their needs as a cost-effective and diligent tool.

"It not only provides essential data cleansing functions at an incredible speed but also gives crucial insight into debt portfolios pre-purchase which can really help to deliver positive results. In a highly competitive market, extra insight can really help companies to increase efficiencies and reduce costs."

Data Gateway works by allowing users to profile, audit, cleanse, suppress and enhance consumer data via an online system which is available 24 hours a day.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Isn’t this mega alarming that Call Credit a credit Reference Agency is working alongside debt purchasers and debt collectors.

We have the tools to confidently verify your customer's ID and intentions, whilst helping you manage your customer relationships through real time data and interactions. Finally, if you need to collect debts, our sophisticated segmentation, monitoring and tracing tools can help you recover what is yours.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:8JhZYvv2cJ0J:www.callcredit.co.uk/business-solutions/collect+Callcredit+and+debt+purchase&cd=1&hl=en&ct =clnk&gl=uk&source=www.google.co.uk

Call credit has targeted the debt purchase and collections market with the launch of a new product designed to provide quicker, better insight on debtors

But Experian have exactly the same sorts of teams. I had a friend whom worked there, rather high up, but not in the consumer segment. BUT what they effectively do, is work closely with lending institutions to aim to minimise their risk.

For example they process millions of Barclays records overnight to reduce fraud, money laundering etc. They also cross reference people with the Postal Address File.

I realise that the CRA's are sometimes there to protect us, even if they are a royal pain in the arse!
          "Cheap is good, but FREE is better!"

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

We have to remember that these clowns are PRIVATE businesses and have no government backing, they exist cos banks rely on them. We need a huge consumer libel victory against one of them to start a trend - the lenders will run a mile once their (the cra's) integrity is gone.

We should start a campaign to bring them down, with a class action of thousands of libel cases....

* niddy brain is going into overdrive again!
            Yeah mine too Niddy. Its a fuc*ing disgrace that they can get away with it.

House of CommonsHouse of LordsWhat's onBills & legislation

Credit Reference Agencies: Regulation
            Chris Huhne: To ask the Minister of State, Department for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform what statutory requirements there are on credit reference agencies to provide information to his Department and its agencies; and if he will make a statement. [255346]Mr. Thomas [holding answer 10 February 2009]: Under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, credit reference agencies must be licensed by the Office of Fair Trading. Certain essential information about the firm must be provided to OFT as part of the application process for a licence. Credit reference agencies may also be required or permitted to supply information to relevant investigating authorities for the purposes of criminal investigations under the Social Security Fraud Act and the Data Protection Act. There are no specific statutory requirements for the provision of information to BERR or its agencies by credit reference agencies.

The Government are in discussion with the credit industry with regard to agreeing the voluntary provision by lenders of data on the performance of credit markets. This may involve the release of data held by credit reference agencies on behalf of credit providers. Any such data sharing will be compliant with data protection principles.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:_m2iMGtp6cAJ:www.publications.parli ament.uk/pa/cm200809/cmhansrd/cm090223/text/90223w0062.htm+who+regulates+credit+reference+agen cies&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&source=www.google.co .uk

Gerry x

Comment

Originally posted by fiscalfool View Post
              But Experian have exactly the same sorts of teams. I had a friend whom worked there, rather high up, but not in the consumer segment. BUT what they effectively do, is work closely with lending institutions to aim to minimise their risk.

For example they process millions of Barclays records overnight to reduce fraud, money laundering etc. They also cross reference people with the Postal Address File.
              Originally posted by fiscalfool View Post

I realise that the CRA's are sometimes there to protect us, even if they are a royal pain in the arse!

It looks like asthough experian product has already landed them in deep shi* according to this.

5,000 hit by fraud on loan firm Help Loan
               Money Box has learned that the firm sought external help to try to check the identity of customers, using a system offered by the credit reference agency Experian. Experian confirmed that one of its products had been used, saying: "MCO used one part of Experian's verification service that cross-references an applicant's name with their address to provide an indication as to whether they live at that address.

As soon as the fraud became apparent, MCO Capital took steps to review its procedures and is fully co-operating with the police and trading standards

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11612214

Comment

Niddy I’m not trying to wind you up but have you ever thought that your identity fraud could have been premeditated by someone with access to your data such as CRA?

Gerry x

Comment

Niddy I’m not trying to wind you up but have you ever thought that your identity fraud could have been premeditated by someone with access to your data such as CRA?

Gerry x
                  Nooo, I lost wallet and someone used the details
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I also notice Experian aka "Creditexpert" advertise on letters from a certain DCA.
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Signature removed by site-admin. Please PM Niddy if you have any questions about why it's been removed.

Meany

Comment

More like the dca advertise experian (commission affiliated)

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

the most sensible post on any forum I've read for a long time! I TOTALLY AND WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE WITH YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
                          the most sensible post on any forum I've read for a long time! I TOTALLY AND WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE WITH YOU.
                          Wow, that's a first mate

Comment

always tell it as I see it mate!

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
                              always tell it as I see it mate!
                              I agree, call a nob a nob, pointless being nice about it!

Comment

Working...
                              X