GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script wifes debt dads address - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wifes debt dads address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wifes debt dads address

Hi NID, hope you are well.
    Remember me from sunny France.
    Do you remember you did a letter for my dad to send to DCA consirning an alleged debt in my wifes name sent to my dads address. That did the trick no hassle from them anymore, thanks.

Thing is my dads address must be flagged now or something. My dad is a customer with barclays and last week while he was at the bank they pursuaded hm to apply for a credit card, so he did and when the info was put in computer computer said No.

Now my dad owns his own home, has no debt and has plenty of money in the bank. Could it be because of my wifes alleged debt his address has been flagged.

How can I check this and how can he get rid of the flag.
    Thanks, and remember offer still stands.

Re: wifes debt dads address

hiya

No - your wifes debt is nothing to do with your dad - basically he should get a copy of his credit file, chances are there may be an incorrect financial associate so all he'd do is dispute it (if that was the case)....

But chances are they just said no, this is barclays you're on about - they are shyte mate!
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks,

I'll get him to get a coopy of hs credit file, is that done through Experian?

Thanks again, you're a star as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by smifff
        I'll get him to get a copy of his credit file, is that done through Experian?
        There are 3 CRA's to be considered

Experian
        Equifax
        CallCredit

Credit reports cost £2 from each of them - or if you sign up on line, you get the report for free - but you are subscribed for a monthly fee to get updates. Your choice - but I just pay the £2 and leave it at that
        No longer a mod.

Comment

Thanks, will go for the £2 option.

Comment

see here matey: viewtopic.php?p=158#p158
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi NID, do you remember my original contact with you last year was about my Barclaycard Visa and Mastercard,Mer and me going down the CCA route.

If you remember I got default letters from Mercers for both the above. I just tried to check my credit rating with call credit but I can't because their site doesn't have the facilities to deal with overseas addresses. Is there anyway I can check my credit rating, and as I don't have a uk address is it possible for Barclays to register a default at my french address.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by smifff
                Hi NID, do you remember my original contact with you last year was about my Barclaycard Visa and Mastercard,Mer and me going down the CCA route.

If you remember I got default letters from Mercers for both the above. I just tried to check my credit rating with call credit but I can't because their site doesn't have the facilities to deal with overseas addresses. Is there anyway I can check my credit rating, and as I don't have a uk address is it possible for Barclays to register a default at my french address.

Thanks
                Hiya

nope, you do not have a credit record in the UK if you're not living in the UK - nothing will be added to your french address matey, worry not. May change with new legislation next year but not something i'd worry about right now, you'd still be reliant on the french bank whatever searching a UK credit file in order for it to affect you - which it wouldn,t so they won't.

Comment

Thats good news. Thanks again.

Comment

No problemo matey y

Comment

Working...
                    X