GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Any way to get a credit report without using a credit or debit card for ID? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to get a credit report without using a credit or debit card for ID?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to get a credit report without using a credit or debit card for ID?

I am trying to find out exact tota debts and the only way is to view credit report. I have sorted mine as I have a debit card. I am having problems finding anywhere I can get my wifes report from....she only has a basic bank card for deposit and withdrawal.....
    Trying to view online of course.
    Is the only way via postal order?

Re: Any way to get a credit report without using a credit or debit card for ID?

Well just use your card! It doesn't have to be in her name, does it?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yes it does mate, its to identify that its her wanting the report. Its just to identify the person not set up for payment or trial

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        Well just use your card! It doesn't have to be in her name, does it?
        Sometimes it takes someone from the outside looking in to point out the obvious

Originally posted by BlueArmy View Post
        Is the only way via postal order?
        Whats wrong with this way anyway? Only costs you £2 compared to the rip off £14.95 that they charge for the online service.

If you've signed up to Equifax's 'free' credit report service make sure you cancel the 'monthly subscription' straight away - otherwise they'll take the monthly payment next month and it won't be so free

Also I'd be very careful about using CRA online services - the information you enter online is sometimes shared with debt collecting agencies for tracing purposes and will raise flags resulting in them re-establishing contact if you have debts from a couple of years ago.

I'm not bashing checking your credit report - its just often given as the first thing to do when resolving debt by certain other forums, when for many people its simply not the case.

Hope the reports don't contain any nasty surprises and your debt isn't as bad as you feared.

SnV
        "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

No I'm saying they CANNOT ID you this way. Impossible - I used to work building such systems for CRA's don't forget

basically card verification in such senses use digits from house number & postcode to ID you. If you have a PAYG card that won't appear anywhere for them to check you out. So using your partners card with your name and address should proceed.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

If she doesn't have any cards then why would they ask for such details when clearly they will see from her report that she has none lol.

If its to verify her identity as part of the sign up process then fine, use another form of ID but usually that means postal not online.

Comment

Finally as SnV says; CRA's do now sell data to DCA's / DVLA etc and they in turn share their data now with whoever wants to pay for it.

Dont get your credit report unless you really need it for say a DMP et al

Comment

Thanks for advice guys
                Its for a DMP purpose. I have to set up another cfs as I am getting letters and calls again.

She DID have credit cards but cut them up as they were all defaulted etc.

Anyway, I have just used my brain and deducted payments made from each one since current dmp started. Wont be 100% accurate , but good enough

thanks again guys

Comment

Outstanding balances on credit reports can't be relied on anyway, so your method is likely more accurate.
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                  X