GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Pannon GSM Zrt. v Erzsébet Sustikné Győrfi - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pannon GSM Zrt. v Erzsébet Sustikné Győrfi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pannon GSM Zrt. v Erzsébet Sustikné Győrfi

And the relevance here is.......?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

yeah yeah ill get to that later

Comment

I've just read the summary and it is makes interesting reading. I note that the word "must" is used rather than the loose "shoulds and shalls" of our own laws and rulings.

regards
        Garlok

Comment

Ok so what the hell is it all about, or does I has to go read it eye?
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I think Paul will explain the intricacies better than I but from the summary first clause it basically says that as I see it that any unfair clause does not have to be obeyed by the debtor and the debtor does not have to have challenged or proved validity prior.

Very much simplified I know as I will have to have a further read of it all as there seems to be a lot about national courts and jurisdiction. Seemingly the consumer gains more protection from it.

regards
            Garlok

Comment

Yup the ruling confirmed it is incumbent on the national court to assess a consumer contract terms for fairness even if the debtor has not raised the issue before the Court.

Soo the court must not sidestep the issue

Comment

Thanks Paul. I will read more.

regards
                Garlok

Comment

http://curia.europa.eu/jurisp/cgi-bi...umaff=C-243/08

Thats the full judgment i believe,

can never work out these bloody EU court rulings, poxy things

Comment

It's dated 2009 isn't it? Am I missing something here or has Paul only just opened his post

Comment

Originally posted by Paul. View Post
                      can never work out these bloody EU court rulings, poxy things
                      What do you think the EU courts are for? Surely you realise their purpose is to make judgements that make little sense and to only take action if its in their own interest!!
                      When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

ERM can someone explain this in wishfull terms please
                        at the start of this journey i owed
                        £52000.00 UNSECURED £5000.00 SECURED
                        £0000.00 secured debt as of 17/12/2010 fingers crossed
                        on 14/07/2012 i now have £32.000 unsecured and £15.000 unenforceable [thanks to niddy and aad ]
                        as of 17/03/13 its now £26K AND £15K UE
                        ITS COMING DOWN SLOWLY WHILE STILL ENJOYING MY LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Paul. View Post
                          Yup the ruling confirmed it is incumbent on the national court to assess a consumer contract terms for fairness even if the debtor has not raised the issue before the Court.

Soo the court must not sidestep the issue
                          Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                          It's dated 2009 isn't it? Am I missing something here or has Paul only just opened his post
                          Perhaps Paul has only just learned how to pronounce the name of the defendant?

If he has, I do wish he'd post some clues here.

Comment

I certainly am no fan of the EU or its institutions per se, (I have worked for the Technical Commission) but it may have been 2009 when the hearing was heard in the court. Like many law decisions here and the publishing of reports from public and not so public enquires it can take a long time.

There are a couple of things that perhaps people should be reminded of. Firstly one very senior British judge (Lord) recently made a complete prat of himself by whinging and whining about the European Court because their judes were NOT EVEN ELECTED I quote. Since when have you and I been allowed to cast a vote as to whether he should keep his fat arse in a fancy job?? Hypocrite!

Secondly, it is worth while taking a look at the oaths and conditions under a judge may take his/her role within the European Court of Justice. I would guarantee that NONE of our judges could comply or would comply with the terms and conditions imposed upon them for taking that job. Not enough sponduliks and fiddles in it for a start.

regards
                            Garlok
                            Last edited by garlok; 9 November 2011, 09:27.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                              Perhaps Paul has only just learned how to pronounce the name of the defendant?

If he has, I do wish he'd post some clues here.
                              I have a clue about this. One of Paul's team mates is acting for me against a creditor and I saw this case in his instructions to counsel sent only yesterday. My defence is that a storecard can't be converted into a credit card without my entering into a new agreement under s.51 ("unsolicited credit tokens") . The claimant says it can because there was a clause in the original agreement that says they can vary the terms to whatever they want whenever they bloody feel like it So we're arguing that the clause was unfair and a breach of The Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations (UTCCRs) 1999. Then counsel is told to refer to Pannon GSM Zrt v Ezr blah blah. This means the DJ must consider the legal facts surrounding that unfair contract clause. Simples.

This case is really important for us all (no pressure on Mr Wales then) because if won it will have an impact on every other debtor who has had a M & S, Harrods, Debenhams (and loads of other) storecards which morphed into credit cards without signing a new agreement

The fact that the creditor is Spanish should make it easier for them to understand the significance of European law

Plan B
                              ps shall I start a thread on the case in the protected section? It could help others
                              Last edited by PlanB; 9 November 2011, 12:34. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                              X