GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Photo taking mad - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photo taking mad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo taking mad

My youngest who has needs had a digital camera for christmas and he loves it, there is not a day that goes by when he does not take pics.

However, its cleaned regular with the cleaner/cloth they gave and I know there are certain settings for colour etc.
    Now and again he sets it up so it takes a few more or less the same time all of the same place.
    For anyone who knows about digital camera's can you explain dark swaying shadows at all, as stated they were all taken the same time or one after each other of the same place and its always the corner of the room, strange but there must be a logic explaination perhaps? Because these shadows are not on all of the ones taken the same time. Scary though lol!

Thanks folks.
    Last edited by di30; 8 February 2011, 13:37.

Re: Photo taking mad

5corpio is great with cameras etc... hopefully he will be along to give you some advice

I got my new camera for Christmas but still very much learning with it!! so no good asking me! hehe - i just point and snap!

xx

Comment

Thank you honey.

Lol hopefully 5corpio will be along sometime today with some anwers for us cheers hun X

Comment

Sounds like the flash is bouncing off something and causing a shadow.
        "Cheap is good, but FREE is better!"

Comment

Yes maybe, but still baffled in regards of when the camera was set up to take a few pics at the same time and yet the swaying shadow not on all of them, strange isn't it?
          But you do have a point though, cheers.

Comment

Not too sure Di.....

But....it could be something to do with the Lighting feature (the Flash from the camera trying to adjust to the Light on the subject 'in auto focus'- which changes all the time).
            Does the FLASH keep on flickering when trying to take the picture?, in a dark area A: As the lighting is changing, thus the camera keeps on adjusting itself (shadows, light, subject movement, etc)

Has he taken off the camera lens and touched the sensor inside the camera body itself when cleaning it? (as this can also cause a problem - as its sensitive 'AI')

If you pop into Jessops or a good camera Shop, they'll be able to give a quick answer, and possibly rectify it (Could also try putting the camera back to Default settings?)

BUT try NOT to touch inside the camera body itself(especially with fingers 'so tempting it is', But the mirrors inside the body are very sensitive)

let me know Di, how you/he gets on, and if i find out any more, i'll post here.....
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
              Not too sure Di.....
              Hiya, thanks for pm was just about to pm you back, but see you found the thread.

But....it could be something to do with the Lighting feature (the Flash from the camera trying to adjust to the Light on the subject 'in auto focus'- which changes all the time).
              Thanks for this 5corpio, so despite the camera set to take a few pics at the same time and the black shadow which always appears to be on the right hand side - but does not appear on all of them if you know what i mean, considering they're taken the same time? If I can I will post the pic on here when i get the chance.

Does the FLASH keep on flickering when trying to take the picture?, in a dark area A: As the lighting is changing, thus the camera keeps on adjusting itself (shadows, light, subject movement, etc)
              Now that you have mentioned this, I will check this out, but not noticed it before.

Has he taken off the camera lens and touched the sensor inside the camera body itself when cleaning it? (as this can also cause a problem - as its sensitive 'AI')
              Nope its not been taken apart, and we still appear to get very good pics clear pics on it despite the odd few with the shadows, they are not ours because its not human form shadows, its like swaying lol.

If you pop into Jessops or a good camera Shop, they'll be able to give a quick answer, and possibly rectify it (Could also try putting the camera back to Default settings?)
              Good idea, on putting back to default settings, will give it a go, cheers.

BUT try NOT to touch inside the camera body itself(especially with fingers 'so tempting it is', But the mirrors inside the body are very sensitive)
              Thank you for your advice and tips 5corpio, your a star.

let me know Di, how you/he gets on, and if i find out any more, i'll post here.....
              I will do hon, thanks so much again.

Comment

Taken pics since and most are clear, just the odd one or 2 with those strange black shadows, but taken in exactly the same place straight afterwards.

My older son put it back into the default set up again cos my youngest or I didn't know what to do lol.

Will keep you posted, thank you.
                Last edited by di30; 9 February 2011, 11:26.

Comment

Just a thought di, because it is easily done as I have found out myself !, Your Son is not getting a finger close to the edge of the lens when he holds the camera is he ?

Comment

Originally posted by alland View Post
                    Just a thought di, because it is easily done as I have found out myself !, Your Son is not getting a finger close to the edge of the lens when he holds the camera is he ?

Hiya
                    We did think this at first too, but he is sooooooo protective with it, he always yells to me "don't you dare touch the lens" with them being small i know it can easily happen, but still a good point though, cheers for that X

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                      Hiya
                      We did think this at first too, but he is sooooooo protective with it, he always yells to me "don't you dare touch the lens" with them being small i know it can easily happen, but still a good point though, cheers for that X
                      Hey Ho Di

Did you manage to get it sorted....I've looked on the Net tonight....

Some other People Quotes:

it is probably a shadow of the lens cast by the onboard flash.
                      When I use my xxxx with it's flash, the lenshood must be removed
                      or it will cast a shadow that will appear in the photo
                      You're getting the shadow because you are using on camera flash, which is a small flash, on axis. Changing the settings won't alter this fact.

On axis means it is directly in line with the lens. Because its fixed to your camera, you have no control over where the shadow falls. This is why most users of flash prefer it off camera.

Secondly - the hardness of shadows is controlled by the size of the light source relative to the subject - the smaller the light source, the harder the shadows. Again, on camera flash is very small so will produce harsh shadows
                      Its Kinda what i thought it was...............Hopes things are sorted
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you so much for looking into this for us 5corpio, so far and so good, no more shadows as such, however we did take one piccie the other evening and its quite funny really and sounds so stupid, but a little face appeared on the side of my son when i taken it, trick of the camera me thinks though, but its there alright lol.

Your a star 5corpio, thank you so very much.

Comment

Will have to ask my son to post some pics on here for me.

Comment

Hi Di

i've just read through my Manual about Ghost on picture. It says:

in bright light or sunlight, 'THE LENS HOOD' will minimize lens flare and ghosting. As the lens hood cuts off excess lighting and improves the picture quality.

Try attaching the Lens Hood on the Lens, see what happens

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
                              Hi Di

i've just read through my Manual about Ghost on picture. It says:

in bright light or sunlight, 'THE LENS HOOD' will minimize lens flare and ghosting. As the lens hood cuts off excess lighting and improves the picture quality.

Try attaching the Lens Hood on the Lens, see what happens

Hiya

Hope your well and thanks for this.

That is a great suggestion, will have a go at that and let you know how we get on, cheers again for your help. X

Comment

Working...
                              X