GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Photo taking mad - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photo taking mad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Photo taking mad

How to take better photos

As mad as it must seem, I stare at the gnarled trunk of a silver birch tree and I can make out the shape of a hare with huge ears among the twisted branches. The “click, click” of a camera shutter behind me indicates that I’m not the only one to have spotted the shape at the
    Read more HERE at Alternative News
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
      How to take better photos

As mad as it must seem, I stare at the gnarled trunk of a silver birch tree and I can make out the shape of a hare with huge ears among the twisted branches. The “click, click” of a camera shutter behind me indicates that I’m not the only one to have spotted the shape at the
      Read more HERE at Alternative News
      Wow, that is interesing 5corpio, good find, cheers x

Comment

been into photography for about a year now.

started with a Fujifilm s2500HD , then upgraded to a second hand canon 350D Dslr

below attacked are a couple of my snaps. i have a big love for digital enhancement using HDR and/or Tonemapping software

hope you enjoy
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Treepiary View Post
          been into photography for about a year now.

started with a Fujifilm s2500HD , then upgraded to a second hand canon 350D Dslr

below attacked are a couple of my snaps. i have a big love for digital enhancement using HDR and/or Tonemapping software

hope you enjoy

VERY nice

Your clever, and these are amazing.
          Will have to show my son later, he is so fascincated with pics like these, so thank you for posting them up.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
            VERY nice

Your clever, and these are amazing.
            Will have to show my son later, he is so fascincated with pics like these, so thank you for posting them up.

thank you DI30

they are a very very small selection of my shots, some days i can thump of around 500 shots, out of the 500 maybe three or four i will keep, the rest go to the trashcan.

feel free to ask any questions, i am still learning myself but have a few pro photographer friends that help me out from time to time.

Comment

thank you DI30

they are a very very small selection of my shots, some days i can thump of around 500 shots, out of the 500 maybe three or four i will keep, the rest go to the trashcan.

feel free to ask any questions, i am still learning myself but have a few pro photographer friends that help me out from time to time.

Thank you so much I am grateful for that.

Well if your other shots are as good as the ones you posted above, they will again be amazing.

Comment

nice pics Treepiary

some that i've taken, a while ago
                allaboutFORUMS

allaboutFORUMS
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
                  nice pics Treepiary

some that i've taken, a while ago
                  allaboutFORUMS

allaboutFORUMS
                  very nice 5corpio.

been using some free/pay software called Photomatix that mimics bracketing and merging. is able to take a single jpg and add a tone map filter. where a camera would require a minimum of 3 shots and better with upto 7 shots merged together.

keeping all subjects to the left bottom of fame allow you to bypass the company watermark with careful cropping. and beats shelling out £200 on photoshop and likes.

all touching up and likes i do via G.I.M.P GUI software, with scripting for more specialized eyecandy. and all for Free

Comment

very nice 5corpio.

been using some free/pay software called Photomatix that mimics bracketing and merging. is able to take a single jpg and add a tone map filter. where a camera would require a minimum of 3 shots and better with upto 7 shots merged together.

keeping all subjects to the left bottom of fame allow you to bypass the company watermark with careful cropping. and beats shelling out £200 on photoshop and likes.

all touching up and likes i do via G.I.M.P GUI software, with scripting for more specialized eyecandy. and all for Free
                    i use Corel photo pro (but only to resize them - hate air brushng and raster laying photos - But suppose at some point i'll have to learn) lol

Comment

Is on the look out Wants one or both
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	samyang_500mm.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	1383220

Name:	650-1300mm.jpg
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	1383218

Comment

I have a Nikon 3100D which I was recently given by a sponsor of ours, I should really study it's advance uses, as I leave it in "simple mode" most of the time which is a waste of a good camera !

I have a couple of lenses with it the regular 18-55 and a Nikon 55-300 zoom lenes, I would also like something bigger, something like a 50- 500 superzoom

This shot was taken by my 13yr old Grand Daughter using the camera with the 55-300 lens in Florida during June.

I think she makes better use of it than me !!!...

Name:	DSC_0032.jpg
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	1383222

Comment

Originally posted by alland View Post
                          I have a Nikon 3100D which I was recently given by a sponsor of ours, I should really study it's advance uses, as I leave it in "simple mode" most of the time which is a waste of a good camera !

I have a couple of lenses with it the regular 18-55 and a Nikon 55-300 zoom lenes, I would also like something bigger, something like a 50- 500 superzoom

This shot was taken by my 13yr old Grand Daughter using the camera with the 55-300 lens in Florida during June.

I think she makes better use of it than me !!!...

[ATTACH]1422[/ATTACH]
                          lovely picture - OH has one for her camera, suppose i could just buy the mounting adapter for mine

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                            Thank you so much for looking into this for us 5corpio, so far and so good, no more shadows as such, however we did take one piccie the other evening and its quite funny really and sounds so stupid, but a little face appeared on the side of my son when i taken it, trick of the camera me thinks though, but its there alright
                            Had you considered submitting it to the SPR? (link)

Comment

This is one I took in Portugal and believe it or not, it was a fine calm sunny day on the beach.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Here is something I took in a neighbour's garden.

This clip has no sound, but it was shot at 210 frames per second.

Comment

Working...
                                X