GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Photo taking mad - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photo taking mad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Photo taking mad

Please don't desert us. We have a few stroke / heart attack victims here who can offer some amazing help and support.

All the best with your op. my fingers are crossed
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Treepiary,

Nice photo, I love astronomy too.

I had an SAH Stroke April 1990 at the age of just 27 and also had a heart attack brought on like you through stress and worry of a court case.

I take great comfort in the fantastic members here as it is a stress reliever.

Anything I can do to help just shout.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        Wow awesome pic.

Sod the pic; how are you?
        scared if i am real honest and real honest very afraid, i go in on thursday for a PCI ( angiograph ), was told it is best, no explanation etc etc so am very wary and very afraid.

otherwise am good, still have the vultures chasing me but medical problems keeping them on a leash, they have to be very careful with an stress to me and my heart.

took up a hobby that nearly killed me, but loving the view under the uk's nearly dark skys. if all goes well i will be making sure i post new shots here first and before bbc sky at night see's them.

hope everyone had a nice christmas and new year, and the budding photographers have had clicking fingers busy. give me a week and i should be able to answer any questions on astro photography.

here is Orions belt and M42 aka orions nebula ( bottom right in the tree cover)
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
          Nice photo, I love astronomy too.
          Can you post a picture of the rings around Uranus?

Comment

Treepiary,

I had a PCI then Angioplasty to fit a stent I felt a bit hot and flushed and a wee bit of pain when they made a small cut in my right wrist but apart from that it went ok and was let home the following day.

To be honest I enjoyed the rest.
            Last edited by pompeyfaith; 24 January 2012, 21:24.

Comment

Niddys Little Bitch

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                Can you post a picture of the rings around Uranus?
                Uranus is a distant planetary object and require very long lens around 1000mm to 15000mm. it tends to become a dirty white/blue blob. you need a very cool telescope for the rings and sadly nasa would not accept my £1.50p donation to use it.

once the op been done and i am able to get someone to carry the telescope out i will grab saturns rings for everyone.

i have also been busy and taken a cheap webcam, pulled it apart and made a imaging camera to fit my telescopes. picture below is of the moon through a cheap childs table telescope ( heritage dobsonian 3 inch telescope) and the 720HD imaging webcam
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Treepiary; 24 January 2012, 21:37.

Comment

Wow, there's some seriously talent here - you all have my respect.

Treepiary, some of those photos are stunning. I find it hard to believe that you can get photos of Saturn's rings from Earth - surely they won't be that clear?

I look forward to seeing them.

Hey - best of luck with the op. My nephew had a very serious accident about 8 years ago as a result of which he has a titanium skull. His original was removed in chunks to allow his brain to swell and bleed without killing him. He still has a full cast of his own skull which they used to make the titanium plates (sort of job Garlok and CC would be good at!) He's now a fully fledged doctor having done his GCSE's and A Levels in one year, all with A*'s, gone on to St Andrew's where he was given the award for the most gifted student, and then to Manchester where his research as an undergraduate into head injuries produced new medical evidence which was published in The Lancet.

By rights he should not be with us, and look where he is now. Heck - the brain operation he had, there was only one surgeon in the UK could do it, and he'd only got back from the USA the previous week having learned to do it. He happened to have his accident near to that hospital.

It is truly amazing how gifted these people are - the gift you are developing with photography, they have spent years developing with their knowledge and dexterity.

I wish you the very best of luck - bring on those photos!

Comment

here is one titled "Hummingbird rose"

this picture is purely digital, smoke is computer generated and the smokes shape to. we call this stuff Smoke art. i have been messing around while getting energy back and wanting to do something to cure boredom. these two are my first adventure into smoke art . maybe i may try some more.

the second is called "Flutter Bear"

feel free to copy anything i post and re-use it.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Treepiary; 14 February 2012, 00:55.

Comment

That is spooky lol nice colours though.
                      Last edited by pompeyfaith; 14 February 2012, 00:58.

Comment

How are you feeling now?

Comment

Originally posted by Treepiary View Post
                          "Flutter Bear"
                          I thought it looked more like two lost spermatozoa asking the right way to the nearest fallopian tube.

What program generated those remarkable images?

Comment

i just used gimp and the fractals flame plugin, i also have smoke brushes to hand. both of these are smoke brushes resized and adjusted as layers. i then make another white layer. then graident tool it to full spectrum rainbow and set the layer as a overlay. that then gives you this type of colouring and layout of smoke.

feeling not to bad, e-cig is working'ish but am looking into getting a better one less cheap with different flavors.

no astronomy yet, but did sneek a peek at mars the other night late, was sitting in the east as a bright orange/red star, and below mars was Saturn but low down in the sky.

Comment

was playing around a few months ago,
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	ColourEnamel.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	345.5 KB
ID:	1385620

Name:	circle.jpg
Size:	171.0 KB
ID:	1385622

Name:	repeat 1.jpg
Size:	265.6 KB
ID:	1385624
                              can't find the (may have already posted on here).......will look and come back laters.

lovely work Treepiary
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Found the darn thing........was May 2011 nor a few months ago........
                                LINKY: http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/showpost.php?p=68464&postcount=780
                                That pattern is actually a bowl of 'pot purri' sitting on the fire place, if you can imagine it!

Edit: Scroll down to Post #780
                                Last edited by 5corpio; 14 February 2012, 08:14.
                                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X