GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script All About Travel! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All About Travel!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All About Travel!

All About Travel
    I am going to use this thread for planning holidays finding deals and where to go for cheap deals! If anyone is going on holiday you can post where your going and hopefully we will be able to get you SOME sort of savings!!

Re: All About Travel!

Planes Trains and Automobiles

This post will contain information about how to find cheap ways of getting around... if you have any links post them below and I will add them to this post

<reserved for more info>

Comment

Hotels, Motels, and Other places to stay

Know how your getting there??

This post will contain information about how to find affordable accomodation... if you have any links post them below and I will add them to this post

<reserved for more info>

Comment

Everything but the Kitchen Sink

This post will contain information about what to pack how to save on those charges and where to go when... Always wanted to visit the reef but don't know when the cheapest time is to travel? Want to visit the Rockies but don't want to be snowed in? This thread will look at how to book a holiday in the right time of year and save your bank account.

<reserved for more info>

Comment

Been There Done That?

This post is going to be about places you've gone and loved or hated. Help others with avoiding the vacay woes or tell us about a special find!

Post links and information below and I will add it to this post

<reserved for more information>

Comment

I usually use: http://www.skyscanner.net/ or http://www.low-cost-airline-guide.com/

But there are 100's of similar search engines out there..... you'll soon regret this LOL

* Niddy wishes Jen good luck as he gracefully bows out and leaves her to get on with it.....
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ohhhh Niddy you know your gonna love it !

Comment

I always use skyscanner fab for getting the cheapest flight.

Also i always join loyalty schemes too. We use Leeds/Bradford airport a lot so use Jet2 very often and have got enough points saved up for a free flight we have already had two from them, well worth doing if you can.

xx I love holidays xx

Comment

hi Jen

I used shearings self drive for my uk holiday booking last year (but instead you can drive to the destination than travel on there buses)....we went to Pitlochry and stayed fri/sat/sun night DBB £165 each, swiming pool/Jacuzzi at the hotel, 5 mins walk into the village, lots to do....As Ms 5corpio is allergic to dairy products, the chef cooked alternative meals for her (online booking there is no where to insert meal alternative though) only one down fall about the Pitlochry Hydro Hotel was that the bed matress needed a replacement (had to avoid the springs on the bed)... we saved on average for the hotel price tariff about £200 difference.

Sometimes we'll stay at B&B (Converted Farm barns) are better than hotels and the prices are reasonable, only difference is evening meals (we look for ones that is in a village (Local Pub, which comes with local produce than Microwave city pubs)
                  Example: Alton Village 1 mile from Alton Towers £70 B&B, quiet village, peaceful, added character in the room as well (free upgrade to Four Poster room when we arrived)
                  Example: Tamworth, booked a Barn B&B £65 for room P/night (10 mins from Drayton Manor), Drayton Golf Course...(will update when we go next week)

Places:
                  Notice that DFDS is now charging a Fuel Surcharge £20 p/person (thats to make up the difference of there reduced price costs) Travel Agents is better for the deal than DFDS online as you can negotiate with them. i upgraded from standard class to Commodore class on my own for an extra £45 total £136 (included Breakfast for both journeys) and you also get FREE (Yes FREE) mini bar drinks, fruit basket, breakfast to your cabin as well and complimentary danishes and coffee on way back from Amsterdam-Newcastle

You can edit pictures, reduce them Jen.
                  Commodore Cabin
                  [attachment=1:iqnjex39]MyCabin.JPG[/attachment:iqnjex39]
                  Breakfast in cabin (if you can't be bothered to go to the ALL you can eat Buffet)
                  [attachment=2:iqnjex39]breakfastinroom.JPG[/attachment:iqnjex39]
                  Standard cabin ([size=5]outside window)
                  [attachment=0:iqnjex39]DSCN0779.JPG[/attachment:iqnjex39]

i use: Deckchair.com, shearings (uk), hotels.com, late rooms.com, (i always do my own comparethe5corpiomarket.com), Best Western are good sometimes

Place i been:

Finland (Helskini, Lappeenrenta)
                  Russia ([size=5]Visas at the time was a Pain, all changed since the curtain came down)
                  Spain (Barcelona, Madrid, Malaga, Valencia)
                  France (Dijon, Lyon, Nice, Marseille, Paris)
                  Singapore
                  Thailand (Bangkok, Chaing Mai)
                  Latvia
                  Estonia
                  Poland
                  Belarus
                  Malta
                  Malawi (Blantyre, Llongwai)
                  Canary Islands
                  Maldives
                  Germany (Berlin, Bremen, Hanover, Koln)
                  USA (New York, Chicago, Detriot)

At the time i preffered the Non package holidays, Sunshine, i liked the adventures stuff, don't want to give away too much
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Easyjet amends its booking charge

Airline Easyjet has amended its pricing amid government plans to ban excessive surcharges when buying tickets online. The company has introduced a £9 flat administration fee to replace the previous £8 booking fee levied on anyone paying with most debit cards. The government vowed in December to make online prices clearer so consumers could shop around. However, Easyjet believes its new fee will not be subject to new legislation.

Meanwhile, in a separate development, Easyjet has been found guilty by a French court of discriminating against three disabled passengers in 2008 and 2009. The court fined the airline 70,000 euros (£58,000, $90,000) for refusing to allow the three unaccompanied wheelchair users onto a plane at Charles de Gaulle airport near Paris, blaming security concerns....Read more here---: BBC News - Easyjet amends its booking charge
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

'Belfast Telegraph' Front Page News Headlines...
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Belfast Telegraph.png
Views:	2
Size:	329.0 KB
ID:	1385260
                      pson't Book a Holiday through Belfast Telegraph............!

Comment

That Capt if he really is one makes me sick poor passengers!

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br View Post
                          That Capt if he really is one makes me sick poor passengers!
                          Hi,
                          Not the first Italian captain to organise evacuation of a disaster from his lifeboat.

Comment

Well he is brave for an italian, when Kate Adey was a correspondent with the BBC, it used to be said that when Kate put on a flak jacket the French ran up a white flag and the Italians had already run away.

However there are some pretty stupid people in marketing, just put the telly on, the first thing I saw ------ An advert for the Fred Olsen line advertising ----- yes!! you've got it!------ cruises!

regards
                            Garlok
                            Last edited by garlok; 18 January 2012, 17:28.

Comment

Driving through France? Pack a breathalyser or risk a fine from the latest trap for unwary British drivers

• Fine for drivers who fail to carry the £2 kit

• Rules in France already force drivers to carry a warning triangle and a fluorescent safety vest
                              • Drivers warned to check rules or face fines as much more is needed than in UK

Motorists caught without a breathalyser kit when driving through France from July will risk an €11 (£9) fine as new laws come into force. The breathalyser kits, which cost between around £1 and £2, will be available at ferry and tunnel terminals for crossings to France, but motoring groups have warned that many drivers will still forget to pack them in their car. The gadgets, designed so that drivers can test themselves to ensure they are under drink-drive limits, are the latest addition to a list of rules for driving on the other side of the Channel....Read more here--: What you need to drive in France: Now it's pack a breathalyser or risk fines

Comment

Working...
                              X