GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Tunisia and cancelling holiday just booked - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tunisia and cancelling holiday just booked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tunisia and cancelling holiday just booked

My son booked a holiday in the resort that has just been terrorised on Thursday , paid a deposit for next May .

Can he get his deposit back he paid it on his credit card ?

I'm worried sick now i don't want them to go .

Re: Tunisia and cancelling holiday just booked

Hi s2m, try not to worry. There will be new guidelines issued by the Foreign Office over the next few days. I would get him to wait and see what is said because May is such a long way off! All the tour operators and Tunisia are in a state of shock and still working through everything. As tourism accounts for over 15% of Tunisia's income it will probably be one of the most policed and safest areas to visit for a while!
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
      Hi s2m, try not to worry. There will be new guidelines issued by the Foreign Office over the next few days. I would get him to wait and see what is said because May is such a long way off! All the tour operators and Tunisia are in a state of shock and still working through everything. As tourism accounts for over 15% of Tunisia's income it will probably be one of the most policed and safest areas to visit for a while!
      Hope so i can't bare the thought of my family being in danger , i nearly booked with them but changed my mind at the last minute .

Comment

I don't blame you for worrying S2M. What's happened in Tunisia is terrible. I'd wait for the Foreign Office guidelines though they'll probably be geared towards people who have booked for this summer. Personally I wouldn't book to go to any country that might be a target for ISIS, presumably arab/muslim countries such as Tunisia, Morocco, Turkey, Egypt etc.
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I just can't understand the mindset of these people then again they can't have feelings they seem to me to be soulless shells .I would hope that Tunisia will be one of the safest and controlled places after this , then again I don't want my DDto go to Spain either. xx
          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

8 British so far been killed it seems they did target the Brits

Comment

My dad gave me £2000 for a holiday to Florida . I haven't booked it yet but we might buy a touring caravan instead and go on holidays in this country for now . I just don't feel safe travelling abroad .

Comment

go to florida and enjoy yourself

Comment

Home has some beautiful coats and countryside personally we only holiday here , our passports lapsed ages ago we don't feel the need to renew them we are happy here.Xx
                  if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Thousands of British holidaymakers are fleeing Tunisia in the aftermath of the beach resort massacre that left dozens of tourists dead.

More ---> http://news.sky.com/story/1509272/la...s-flee-tunisia

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
                      My dad gave me £2000 for a holiday to Florida . I haven't booked it yet but we might buy a touring caravan instead and go on holidays in this country for now . I just don't feel safe travelling abroad .
                      You can't live your life in fear - that's exactly what the terrorists want!
                      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                        You can't live your life in fear - that's exactly what the terrorists want!
                        Good point, Pixie.

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                        Hear, hear.

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                        I don't blame you for worrying S2M. What's happened in Tunisia is terrible. I'd wait for the Foreign Office guidelines though they'll probably be geared towards people who have booked for this summer. Personally I wouldn't book to go to any country that might be a target for ISIS, presumably arab/muslim countries such as Tunisia, Morocco, Turkey, Egypt etc.
                        Good point, Pixie. My son and his family are booked to go to Sharm-el-Sheik at October half-term. They won't listen to me (did he ever??) but I hope that the tour operators will monitor the situation and advise of any imminent danger.

You can't help feel for the poor people and their families - plus other holidaymakers who witnessed this horror. Imagine explaining that to your kids!

Comment

So far the resorts on the Red Sea have been safe and are well policed. They are lovely and great value

Comment

Thanks, Cym.

Did stay in a hotel in Cairo a few years ago and all entrances were well policed, as were all the excursions.

Will stop being a mother-hen - if I can!

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                              well we have been five times so it isn't that we are missing out

Comment

Working...
                              X