GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Tunisia and cancelling holiday just booked - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tunisia and cancelling holiday just booked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tunisia and cancelling holiday just booked

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
    Bare in mind the risk of attack is no higher than here in the UK. However I guess the question is where would you rather be in the event of one.
    That's very good point SXGuy,

Comment

We've been keeping up with the news on this . My son's holiday is next May 4th , and the travel agents have stopped all bookings until 31st October this year so we still don't know what will happen with his holiday . Personally i would rather him go to Malta we have family there and it is safer in my opinion maybe because i am familiar with Malta .

Comment

Just from another perspective, my son in law is Tunisian, his family live in sousse. We are devastated, their life's are changed forever due to this mindless attack! We are so worried for them, Isis have pledged to continue their terror attacks on the Tunisian people (they are seen as too liberal). There is a very big part of my that wants to book flights to prove they cannot frighten me but then the reality hits! Houss's family acknowledge that they are a target as they have welcomed a westerner into their family. Han and houss feel they would be putting his whole family at greater risk if they were to visit �� houss is so worried for his country, he feels his brother and sister now have no future but cannot leave, it would be virtually impossible to get them visas now. He worries as the economy crumbles Isis will take hold as so many youngsters become disenfranchised, they fight under the guise of religion but no Tunisian Muslim I have ever met supports them or their philosophies �� it's just one big horrible mess.

tunisia is a beautiful country full of wonderful people who through no fault of their own face ruin ��

jane x

Comment

I couldn't agree more the Tunisians I have seen on TV looked horrified xxx
          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I've never been to Tunisia but it must be awful for the Tunisian people to face ruin because of the mindless ISIS attack.
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

worked along side many Arabs decades ago in the Yemen, they are a mix of good/bad same as anywhere on this planet, did find work with some during the day but found out later fighting some of them during the night - strange world, overall the majority of people were just everyday people.

Comment

Bumped into a neighbour across the road from me last night, had just arrived back from Turkey earlier in the day, he said the feeling around the resort area and beach he was staying at was one of unease, no one knows where the isis scum will hit next, very sad state of affairs when you have waited all year for your holiday and then have to be fearful for your life which is exactly what they want everyone to be scared of....

This "war" is not going to be over anytime soon that's for sure, what chance have we got when we can't even identify the enemy !

Comment

Originally posted by alland View Post
                  what chance have we got when we can't even identify the enemy !
                  But we can.....
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                    But we can.....
                    Only the ones who openly show themselves for what they are, the "sleepers" are living among us....

Comment

Only the ones who openly show themselves for what they are, the "sleepers" are living among us....
                      Sleepers / Terrorists - call them what you will. I still say the sooner we make Britain safe, the better.

Why are we stopping the terrorists from going? Let's have a huge plane that flies them away each week. Let them go. Seeya
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Free planes to take them if they try to come back and succeed they must be tried for treason .Its the only way

Comment

Is hanging still the punishment for treason?

Comment

If it isn't it should be .

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                              Sleepers / Terrorists - call them what you will. I still say the sooner we make Britain safe, the better.
                              If only it was so easy mate, we couldn't stop the IRA randomly bombing UK targets, and I fear there are a damn sight more of this new breed of Isis terrorists living amongst us.....

Comment

Originally posted by tastyjane View Post
                                Just from another perspective, my son in law is Tunisian, his family live in sousse. We are devastated, their life's are changed forever due to this mindless attack! We are so worried for them, Isis have pledged to continue their terror attacks on the Tunisian people (they are seen as too liberal). There is a very big part of my that wants to book flights to prove they cannot frighten me but then the reality hits! Houss's family acknowledge that they are a target as they have welcomed a westerner into their family. Han and houss feel they would be putting his whole family at greater risk if they were to visit 😥 houss is so worried for his country, he feels his brother and sister now have no future but cannot leave, it would be virtually impossible to get them visas now. He worries as the economy crumbles Isis will take hold as so many youngsters become disenfranchised, they fight under the guise of religion but no Tunisian Muslim I have ever met supports them or their philosophies 😒 it's just one big horrible mess.

tunisia is a beautiful country full of wonderful people who through no fault of their own face ruin 😒

jane x

Hi Jane, That's so sad isn't it and i know not all muslims support this and that they are decent people who just want to live life in peace. YOu could see the hearts of those people running around and helping those shot they were just lovely people helping and it touched my heart to see this .
                                I do feel so sorry for the Tunisian people because they are now suffering the consequence of and evil force , my son has been told by their travel agent that they will transfer their holiday to another destination if they deem it unsafe around the time they are due to travel, its next May 4th they go but it is good to know they won't lose their money if they cant travel to Tunisia

Comment

Working...
                                X