Lupus.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lupus.

Not having the best start to the year health wise. Has anyone heard of or know anything about Systemic Lupus?

Re: Lupus.

Not myself personally - just had a quick google of it......

is it you that has it hun?

Comment

Looking that way. I've been referred to a rheumatologist as the blood tests were inconclusive

Comment

O Lordy - let us know how you get on

I think Elsa was just having a look and i think she was a nurse so she might know something.

When are you seeing the rheumatologist?

Comment

I'm waiting for an appointment but hopefully not too long

Comment

I hope someone can come along with more information and i really hope you are not waiting long for that appointment hun

xx

Comment

Hi Samsmum,
              I started having a look then my daughter rang..

First off, if you've googled as Loo did then you'll know a lot about it, but at the risk of frightening yourself to death.

I was diagnosed as borderline lupus on blood results about 20 years ago, together with CREST syndrome and Raynauds. At the time I was getting random joint pains and ridiculously easy tearing of muscles/ligaments in my legs, plus difficulty swallowing.
              I was devastated and thought I was going to die!!
              Still here though .
              I was under a rheumatologist for a while but the symptoms eventually mostly faded away without treatment.
              The thing about Lupus is that it is so diverse. It affects everyone in different ways and different levels of severity. It can also calm down and go into remission or never return to any significant level as mine did.

What symptoms are you having hun?

Elsa x

Comment

Thanks Elsa that's good to know that your symptoms subsided. Mine were very random really. Sore dry eyes and a recurring rash on my face that i've had on and off for a few months but just thought was an allergy. I started then getting pains in my knees. Again i just thought lose a few pounds and do some exercise. Next was i couldn't walk DOWNstairs in the morning as the back of my ankles felt like the the muscles were going to snap. Add to that just generally feeling tired and not quite right, i thought i'd best go to the docs. Thought i'd just get some cream and painkillers. Really wouldn't have thought a rash on my face and sore joints were connected. Next step is to see the rheumatologist and have a biopsy on my face. That's my modelling career over

Comment

a lot of those symtpoms can be pre-menopause

Comment

Exactly what i said to the doctor and why i ignored them. Fingers crossed it's just a set of random symptoms. Been downhill all the way since i hit 50

Comment

That sounds very similar to me with regard to your ankles. I remember squatting down in the supermarket to get something off the bottom shelf and badly pulled my achilles tendon. Going downstairs is awkward for me too, although I no longer get the ligament tears.
                      Didn't have the facial rash, but the tiredness comes and goes still. I'm better some days than others. It helps to keep motivated and give myself reasons to do jobs, then once I get started the tiredness goes away. Eg if I have visitors coming I can clean for England, but other days I just think sod it I'm too tired and come on here instead

Good luck with the biopsy. It should only be a tiny one, so you could still be the face of AAD 2013

Sounds as if you're quite mild and borderline like me so fingers crossed it'll not affect you too much. I never even think about it now. That's if you have it at all...fingers crossed
                      Last edited by Undercover Elsa; 10 January 2013, 13:13.

Comment

Originally posted by samsmum View Post
                        Exactly what i said to the doctor and why i ignored them. Fingers crossed it's just a set of random symptoms. Been downhill all the way since i hit 50
                        well i am 48 and i am knackered all the time, i went through menopause 19 months now , i suddenly stopped liking sugar in my tea and lost 3 stone through just doing nothing and walking instead of taking the car, but i can sleep like a baby and i would stay in bed all day if i could , also my bones ache crack, i am at physio next Wednesday for a trapped nerve in my neck which is causing my thumb to tingle all the time , this getting old thing is not very pleasant.

One thing i am happy about is that i only have a very few grey hairs around my temples which you can only see if you look closely, but my hair is still dark and good condition

Comment

You're just a baby S2M!

Comment

Well coming on here certainly cheers me up. As for the 'Face of AAD' what's the slogan going to be. 'Stay out of debt or you too could look like this'

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X