Lupus.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lupus.

Aw, bless. Pain is never easy to cope with. I find I need little things to cheer me up - if only a bar of chocolate or a cuddle from my granddaughter.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hah I have just devoured a Magnum I need cheering up, that's my excuse anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Maggie View Post
        Hah I have just devoured a Magnum I need cheering up, that's my excuse anyway
        Whatever works - can't be bad!
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hiya

How are you? xx

Comment

I am not too bad at the moment thanks, you know it is some days better than others Just managed a good dog walk in the woods with my friend and her kids, picked a load of sloes so will be making sloe gin in the next few days �� Babtsitting my two grandsons this evening, don't have time to be poorly! How about you? Xx

Comment

Originally posted by Maggie View Post
              I am not too bad at the moment thanks, you know it is some days better than others Just managed a good dog walk in the woods with my friend and her kids, picked a load of sloes so will be making sloe gin in the next few days �� Babtsitting my two grandsons this evening, don't have time to be poorly! How about you? Xx
              Glad your doing okay hun and so sorry I have not posted sooner, my head been all over the place with this damn kidney disease lol, other than that I am not doing too bad thank you for asking xx
              I had my update blood tests done Friday to check the function of my kidneys so hoping for a stable result, and had an hormone blood test as well. I still have a trace of blood in my water, so wondering if that could be a sign of early menopause or to do with the kidneys. I have a high protein level of 4.4 in my urine too, so am gutted about that.

However, I have my 2nd nephrolgist appointment this coming Thursday, am nervous and dreading it in case they suggest a kidney biopsy. I have a fear of biopsy's.

Been trying to keep my mind busy like you really, not always easy but trying to stay postive as can be. x

LOL yes I know what you mean about no time to be poorly, your grandsons will keep you on your feet lol. Bless you too. xx

Comment

Finally had my hospital appointment yesterday - nearly four months after the symptoms first appeared! Although I do feel a lot better than I did back in the summer.

It appears I do not have Lupus - which I think is a good thing - but they have no idea what is wrong with me. Am having further investigations - had a chest X-ray, urine and blood samples (6!) yesterday. Have now to wait for an ultrasound scan of my fingers, which are currently quite sore and swollen. I do still have the rash and itching, but nowhere as bad as it was in the summer.

So, I have to wait to see what conclusions they reach ...

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                  Finally had my hospital appointment yesterday - nearly four months after the symptoms first appeared! Although I do feel a lot better than I did back in the summer.

It appears I do not have Lupus - which I think is a good thing - but they have no idea what is wrong with me. Am having further investigations - had a chest X-ray, urine and blood samples (6!) yesterday. Have now to wait for an ultrasound scan of my fingers, which are currently quite sore and swollen. I do still have the rash and itching, but nowhere as bad as it was in the summer.

So, I have to wait to see what conclusions they reach ...
                  Well good news it's not Lupus but not so good they don't know what it is! Let's hope the recent tests find something.

I am still plodding along, some days good some days not so good. Had a follow up with rheumatologists second in command last week, I felt I knew more than she did! I asked about the intense itching I have mainly chest, neck and forearms and she just shrugged! I have tried all sorts of potions and lotions to no avail. I still suspect it may be low thyroid levels, going to ask GP to do more bloods for thyroid antibodies. My knee is still really painful too. Oh happy days

Comment

Thanks, Maggie. And I know exactly what you mean about that dreaded itching. Of course, my rash had subsided when I went there yesterday, which is typical. I have also tried everything for this and nothing really works. Even resorted to calamine lotion but that didn't help. At the moment, it is my joints which are worse, but it does seem to vary.

Hope you get more good days. Keep plodding.

Comment

Sorry I forgot to wish you good luck for your appointment Phee...but it's no wonder I forgot when it was!

Good news that it isn't Lupus. I hope they find out soon what's causing you to have these symptoms
                      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

I forgot too Phee, I am sorry

Fingers crossed the Doctors find out what's wrong soon
                        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Thanks Pixie and IF. Actually, I have been waiting so long for this appointment that I nearly forgot it myself! Probably due to the fact that the symptoms are much improved -which is just as well, as the wretched thing started in July! Am convinced that it was made worse by sitting in the sun when I house sat at my son's during the July heat wave - anyone remember that?

Comment

I remember it Phee...could do with it now. Can't believe Christmas is so close.
                            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

food intolerance ?
                              you won't get tested for food intolerance though on the nhs, they only test for food allergies , but there is an online test you can have it will cost you though but all those symptoms sound like intolerance and it could be something really simple such as yeast .

Happy it isn't lupus , but really praying you get to the root cause of this xx

Comment

Thanks, S2M. Must admit, haven't considered food intolerance. Typically, over the weekend - and especially yesterday - my finger joints became much more stiff and painful. It hurts to type at the moment, but I am so stubborn I refuse to give up!

The hospital are going to arrange for an ultrasound on my fingers but can't see that happening before Christmas.

And Pixie, I do know what you mean about Christmas. It seems to have crept on us so quickly ....

Comment

Working...
                                X