Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lupus.

Originally posted by Marble View Post
    The trouble with Lupus is that indeed it does mimic other conditions so its very hard to diagnose
    Yet, despite its name, it rarely mimics lycanthropy.

Comment

My biopsy results are inconclusive so still no wiser. They did show i've got a skin infection tho so on antibiotic cream for a month then looking at other options.

Comment

Hi Samsmum,
        Any update on this? How are you now hun?

Elsa x

Comment

Have just found this thread, thanks to Elsa

My GP thinks I may have lupus so am very interested in other people's experiences. It started off about six weeks ago, with a sore throat, stiffness in my joints and a nasty red skin rash. Initially the GP thought it was a strep infection and gave me antibiotics and told me to come back if it had not improved after ten days. I "toughed it out" but no improvement so went back and the GP took some blood tests after which she said I need to see a rheumatologist. So I have a "telephone triage booked" for next Tuesday.

My joints are absolutely agony - varied from wrist, fingers, knees and legs. The rash is all across my chest - red with little pin-prick bubbles. Plus it comes and goes over my arms and legs, but not my face. Am worn out all the time but just about coping but would like to get it sorted out. I also have osteoporosis and, during the hot summer, was spending a of time sitting in the sun, and think this may have made it worse, unknowingly. Plus, I can't take non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medication, as I am allergic to this. So, am trying to manage with paracetamol. And my hair has stopped growing!

Sorry to sound like a wuss. Would be interested to hear any other tales of this condition.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Was just reading this then blow me down this thread re-appears lol

http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/wpress/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory/

Comment

Thanks, Pompey.

Very interesting. I think one of the messages is not to overdo it - I know there are times when I mentally I can do loads of things but after doing a couple of them I am physically exhausted. Makes one value good health even more ....
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                Was just reading this then blow me down this thread re-appears lol

http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/wpress/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory/
                Very thought-provoking PF.

It's true that you don't truly value good health until it is taken away.
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                  Have just found this thread, thanks to Elsa

My GP thinks I may have lupus so am very interested in other people's experiences. It started off about six weeks ago, with a sore throat, stiffness in my joints and a nasty red skin rash. Initially the GP thought it was a strep infection and gave me antibiotics and told me to come back if it had not improved after ten days. I "toughed it out" but no improvement so went back and the GP took some blood tests after which she said I need to see a rheumatologist. So I have a "telephone triage booked" for next Tuesday.

My joints are absolutely agony - varied from wrist, fingers, knees and legs. The rash is all across my chest - red with little pin-prick bubbles. Plus it comes and goes over my arms and legs, but not my face. Am worn out all the time but just about coping but would like to get it sorted out. I also have osteoporosis and, during the hot summer, was spending a of time sitting in the sun, and think this may have made it worse, unknowingly. Plus, I can't take non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medication, as I am allergic to this. So, am trying to manage with paracetamol. And my hair has stopped growing!

Sorry to sound like a wuss. Would be interested to hear any other tales of this condition.

I am sorry Fee to hear how poorly you have been feeling and do let us know how you get on, on Tuesday
                  "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
                    I am sorry Fee to hear how poorly you have been feeling and do let us know how you get on, on Tuesday
                    Thanks, IF. Much appreciated.

And you can rest assured that I will be on here boring everyone senseless ...

Comment

Thanks, IF. Much appreciated.

And you can rest assured that I will be on here boring everyone senseless ...
                      You're not boring us Fee, far from it xxx

Comment

Had my telephone consultation today. But it just turned out to be someone telling me that I was being referred to the Rheumatology Department. Which I hope is soon, as I currently have the pain in my fingers and it hurts to type .....

Comment

Had my telephone consultation today. But it just turned out to be someone telling me that I was being referred to the Rheumatology Department. Which I hope is soon, as I currently have the pain in my fingers and it hurts to type .....
                          Sending another hug Fee

Comment

Thanks, IF.

Sending big hugs back.

Comment

Phee x
                              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

hope you get it sorted , hugs coming your way x

Comment

Working...
                                X